STEAM!

Gorth

Am clearly not a gamer

We already knew that.

Somebody who doesn't even know a well known game like L4D2 has an offline portion obviously can't be trusted with the prestigious "Gamer" tag.

Nah nah nah.

You are brilliant. Seriously. I am glad you are my virtual sort-of-but-not-quite friend.

sonsofgygax.JPG

I think I'll gamble on Space Marine being fun.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Would like to try Max Payne 3... but not for 25 euro... price needs to drop a lot more. Got enough of a backlog to wait that long as well, no rush.

After all plenty of games in my bookcast, Steam and GOG to play. And nothing on Steam so far that interests me in buying :/

Good to see I am not the only one who wants to buy discounted games on the Steam Sale but just doesn't see anything he desires... :(

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I picked up the 3 DLC's I didn't have for CKII. Less than $4. I feel dirty.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

First interesting flash sale (atleast for me); Alan Wake and Alan Wake: American Nightmare...

So got that...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

First interesting flash sale (atleast for me); Alan Wake and Alan Wake: American Nightmare...

So got that...

I like the atmosphere and tone of the game but the gameplay looks like it'd get old fast?

A lot of people feel positively about them.

Not me. For me it was precisely that, got old fast. The game never manages to grow beyond the first level and everything is more of the same.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I must say I'm disappointed to see there is no summer achievements and rewards like last summer. I guess I won't open my wallet as much as Gabe would have wanted.

So far, I only bought Wrath of the Lamb for 75 cents. I don't think I ever bought a video game for so little money. I love indie games.

I'll most likely post impressions when I start playing, but bear in mind that I'm new to the series. So I won't be able to compare it to other Ys games (yet).

Honestly I can describe the games as "button-mashing done right", but since you're new my advice is that the boss fights can sometimes be unforgiving, especially at higher difficulty settings so don't feel bad or anything if you end up lowering them.

Also the plots are relatively self contained (though ys doesn't place heavy emphasis on them, unlike Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) so you won't miss much starting with either-or (but if you really want to play in some chronological order: Ys Orign would be #0, Felghana is #3, you can find the rest out by looking at wikipedia).

Edited by Syraxis

I'll most likely post impressions when I start playing, but bear in mind that I'm new to the series. So I won't be able to compare it to other Ys games (yet).

Honestly I can describe the games as "button-mashing done right", but since you're new my advice is that the boss fights can sometimes be unforgiving, especially at higher difficulty settings so don't feel bad or anything if you end up lowering them.

Also the plots are relatively self contained (though ys doesn't place heavy emphasis on them, unlike Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky) so you won't miss much starting with either-or (but if you really want to play in some chronological order: Ys Orign would be #0, Felghana is #3, you can find the rest out by looking at wikipedia).

Played up to the first boss and really enjoyed it. Buttonmashy indeed, but I don't mind. It's really fun, and that's what matters. I hope there will be more platforming, I liked that too. The boss took me down on my first try. I wasn't sure what to do, so I went in for some ground 'n pound, but he lay the smack on me. I knew I shouldn't have attacked him when he took the shape of many bats or whatever it was. Killed him on my second try by not using the normal attack. I used Whirlwind and then ran to replenish mp. I guess that was how it was intended, but I'm not sure. It isn't difficult, it's more about watching the pattern at the beginning of the battle and then patiently take advantage when the boss leaves an opening. (Playing on Nornal.) The music is great. I can't believe I haven't heard about how good the music is. The story will probably not be the highlight of the game, but it seems like it will be charming. Funny dialogue at times.

Help, there is almost nothing I want! What is wrong with me? :(

Was thinking about getting Skyrim for 25 Euro, but.. I still think it's too expensive! Maybe I am not a gamer anymore.

• Like 1

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Nothing wrong, I guess. You might like to check hidden deals which someone posted while back but I wonder if you'll play them even if you buy any. I still check Steam sales and buy some but it's just I often realize that there are always other things worth spending my time. Thinking of which, I wonder if finishing a game in a few to several months sounds eager or not. At least, I'm trying to finish them.

BTW, Y's series...it's one of the ancient games in Japan, dating back to pre-Wondows age. :o Makes me think about the possibility of the modern market of this information age. While bigger companies continue to make games for mass-audiences, internet market may bring you a game suite your needs (well, even just for passing time) from a corner of the earth. Doesn't mean these action games are my cup of tea, though.

Was thinking about getting Skyrim for 25 Euro, but.. I still think it's too expensive! Maybe I am not a gamer anymore.

Same here. Doesn't help all the others get 75% off and Skyrim "just" 50%... it's not that new.

Oh well, I can wait for the GOTY. Bethesda got far too much of my money for Oblivion, so I am definitely only getting Skyrim cheap to compensate...

^