What are you playing now?

Still more ArmA2. Deciding to make a nice cool mission where you assault a city, tricky to make the defense seem believable though so that's my task tonight. Had to laugh at my first attempt, set up a bunch of Shilkas and BMPs, the CDF air wing I had ended up killing them all no sweat.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

im doing a new vegas dlc run, playing frozen synapse intermittently, and planning on returning to my chrono cross playthrough when i get back from evo.

im also currently re-organizing my comic trade collection. I'm putting every single dc trade (that i own, roughly 60% of those published...) in order of continuity, starting from crisis on infinite earths in 1984, and going till 2008 (when i stopped buying trades cause i ran out of shelf space).

it is... a big project. its also pretty nuts going through them all and realizing that now the universe is ending and a new one is beginning, i have the majority of a 20+ year story, with a beginning, middle, and end.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Catherine releases today. Looked quirky and I had some cash to blow. Current plan is to finish Old World Blues, maybe wrap up a loose end in Terraria, then play Catherine. Expect impressions sometime this week, if you care.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Lucky for you. It looks like I'll be starting early, since I need a new mouse. I thought New Vegas was having a bug where it double clicked on menu items. Nope, the mouse is going out.

And now I find out that Microsoft has discontinued the Intellimouse Optical that I've been rebuying for years. Time to move on. :p

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Arghh... :p

I love my 5 button Intellimouse Optical. I've had the current one for more than 6 years :ermm:

Time to stock up on superglue and gaffa tape.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Heh, I once thought about buying a rest stockpile of the headphones / earplugs (for my mp3 player) I like the most, because some day I just couldn't buy them anymore, because sony stopped to produce them. They have been the best headphones / earplugs I could find in all the years-- lasted long, didn't felt annoying, good cable, etc. Now it's too late, what a waste.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I did something similar with keyboards... absolutely hate the Logitech stuff (any model, they are all crap) and most of the "Ergonomic" designs too. Bought 4 of the good old rectangular Microsoft Multimedia keyboards with decent key feedback and no silly flat rubber keys. I'm now down to my last keyboard :p

I'll probably be looking at a DAS keyboard (the "silent" model) next.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It's funny, I got the new kind of "artsy" flat aluminium almost laptop style Apple keyboards as a gift, and it's the first keyboard I've ever owned that doesn't give me repetitive stress pain in my thumb from the space bar action. While I realise I'm too verbose for my own good, it's still nice.

Also using a logitech g1 or something. It's so worn I can no longer read the text in the bottom, it was the cheapest entry in their G series, but I've had it for more years than I can remember. 7? Just keeps working. :D

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

fire emblem on gba (apparently the first released outside japan, but overall number 7 in the series)

basic tactics game but with permanent death

most characters can die without much consequence, but if one of the main 3 characters die it's game over

it can be a bit of a risk trying to get them some experience without worrying about losing them

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

absolutely hate the Logitech stuff (any model, they are all crap).

I've had my cordless Logitech keyboard and mouse for just under 8 years now - they still work perfect and the battery life is still as long as when I bought it (the 4 AA in the keyboard last around 7-8 months).. how's that for quality.

Fortune favors the bald.

I had a Logitech G15 and G5 keyboard and mouse, only had to buy new when the cat weed on the keyboard and managed to kick the mouse into the floor, lodging the mousewheel. The mouse still works but I tired of one of the glide pads being missing after my repairs.

Now I've got a G11 and G9, keyboard is still working perfectly, though my right mouse button is glitching a bit.

Currently playing JA2 1.13 and going to start playing Call of Pripyat complete or Narodnaya Solyanka mod for STALKER; SoC when I get back from my sisters crapboxinfested home.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I've had my cordless Logitech keyboard and mouse for just under 8 years now - they still work perfect and the battery life is still as long as when I bought it (the 4 AA in the keyboard last around 7-8 months).. how's that for quality.

Longevity is not the only metric for Quality :)

I was more thinking of usability and how pleasant it is to use. Comfort, key travel distance, resistance, no bouncing etc. I think the English word for it is 'Tactile'. Logitech is the runt of the litter and the worst I've ever had under my fingertips (except a ZX81 I tried once and an old pocket calculator). Heck, my C64 was more pleasant to type on ;)

No professional who spends the majority of his time in front of a computer should be forced to endure the Logitechs, Dells and Microsoft keyboards of this world :*

Which is why I'm looking to do a bit of German engineering and manufacturing import when my OOP keyboard dies, choked to death in dust, coffee spills and bread crumbs (it wasn't good, but it was the least bad one I could find below $100 at the time) :)

I've never taken to the 'ergonomic' split keyboards - I've been touch typing since I was a kid so I think I'm too used to the normal keyboards. Zero wrist pain ever, but I imagine that will change with the coming of years so I've been looking up some alternatives. It's really hard to find something good that's not too expensive (like DAP), though... recently been looking at an Adesso one, whoever they are.

Oh, playing? EU3. In Nomine + Magna Mundi. ;)

MX518 for life.

I have this one, works pretty well. Then again most mice I've used have worked well.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh, playing? EU3. In Nomine + Magna Mundi. :*

You might want to add HttT and DW to your EU3 collection if you haven't already. Central and east Asia (the various "Horde" nations and Ming and Japan) becomes a completely different game :)

Edit to add: The keyboard I got my sights on... there is also a macho version with no labels on the keys. If you are good enough, you don't need to look at the keys anyway ;)

i wish flashback was easier. i want to replay it but i remember that game being hard as hell.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I have HTTT but after a while I realised its new battle system really makes EU3, well, not EU. You'd think it removed the most frustrating element of EU, but it speeds everything up so much that it feels like you're playing the wars on hyper-speed, then slowing down again for 15 years of badboy or whatnot. Never tried Divine Wind, I probably won't stick with my return to EU3 long enough. I just wish Victoria 2 would become interesting :)

Trying to carve out a slice of the Med with Aragon. Magna Mundi makes things interesting and a lot more like a push-pull than a linear path to glory - eventually had to conquer half the North African coast to stop the Berber pirates, but beyond the coast they keep throwing off my vassalage and annoying me. I've managed to inherit Naples, though, and get started on taking over the Mexican natives.

I have HTTT but after a while I realised its new battle system really makes EU3, well, not EU. You'd think it removed the most frustrating element of EU, but it speeds everything up so much that it feels like you're playing the wars on hyper-speed, then slowing down again for 15 years of badboy or whatnot. Never tried Divine Wind, I probably won't stick with my return to EU3 long enough. I just wish Victoria 2 would become interesting :)

DW does add a lot of nifty features, including ways to keep your BB rating under control by offering a selection of Casus Bellis (if one or more applies), giving different BB modifiers for various actions. You can also chose whether or not you want to call on allies when going to war, so you can (with enough prestige) seriously gang up on select opponents when declaring wars, not just when being attacked.

Of course, things sometimes comes back and bites you in the butt, because the AI does it too. As Byzantine Empire, I declared war on the lilliputanian state of Avignon, being only guaranteed by Portugal (defender of Catholic Faith). Portugal then declared war on me, summoning England and Spain to the conflict, Spain summoning France to the war, who again summoned all their sycophant vassal states. I was suddenly very alone in an all out war against all of Western Europe...

Time for a reload :lol:

Well, I finally set up an Origin account and found that someone else had stolen my nick! Either that or I have an old account floating around. Ah well, I set it up to give the Battlefield 3 Alpha test a try.