What are you playing now?

So, after two more long days of gaming Dungeon Siege III is done for me till I replay it again (and some more patches and hopefully DLC have come out). Definitly the game I had most fun with this year and my favourite Hack n' Slash of all time. Though DX:HR will probably take my GOTY place.

Clocked in hours is ~75. Steam has 77 but I also left the gaming playing at times and did other stuff for a short while.

Fighting some minor Win7 (I assume) glitching while playing KOTOR2. I have a feeling I won't finish, since I played it so much I can still remember a lot of stuff even after years, but it's fun nostalgia for a bit.

Atton is not quite as cute as I remember. But his voice is still meltingly awesome. :yucky:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Replaying the first C&C, heh, is kind of funny to play it with it's system. Have the First Decade so I figured I might as well play it. Not looking forward to that timed mission in the nuclear base for the Allies in RA, remember my heart pounding doing that. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

After a series of technical issues I've finally gotten Witcher 2 to work again. Sadly despite my save files still existing the game refuses the acknowledge their existence- so I've gotta start from scratch (thankfully I wasn't too far into Act 1). I'm really despising the game's performance issues so far. I mean it makes Gamebryo and the buggiest Obsidian games seem like funny quirks in comparison. I don't recall an Obsidian/Bethesda game that didn't run until I reinstalled it 5 times and then refused to load my existing save files.

Still...I managed to continue playing Witcher 1 in spite of the boring first act and it turned out to be a really fun game despite its flaws- so hopefully this will be the same.

Hit up Breath of Death VII: The Beginning last night. Fairly fun game. The writing in the dialogue is very amusing. Pacing seems to be quite well, dungeons aren't too long. Gameplay is acceptable for a game that's trying to evoke old 16-bit console RPGs. Worth its half of the $3.00 asking price.

Also more Terraria. Dug down deeper than ever before, finally got a ton of iron, some silver, and gold. And decided to build every man's dream. An escape tunnel that runs beneath my house.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Bah, I hate you all. I've played all my games and nothing appeals to me right now.

Play old games you once liked a lot. Works for me!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Too many games, so little time. What'll I play? Maybe I'll run a RNG, I can't decide, they're all so good!

But really, I can't fathom a period when I don't have a backlog.

Guest Slinky
Bah, I hate you all. I've played all my games and nothing appeals to me right now.

Me too, old C&C's, dooms and Resident Evil 1 gets often installed when I run out of games.

Replaying the first C&C, heh, is kind of funny to play it with it's system. Have the First Decade so I figured I might as well play it. Not looking forward to that timed mission in the nuclear base for the Allies in RA, remember my heart pounding doing that. >_<

Mission 13. I hate that mission so much. I think I only beat it (legitimately) once and that was with about 3 seconds left on the clock.

This isn't books. Everything older than a year sucks. The past is dead to me. >_<

I guess I'm going to have to read A Dance with Dragon.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

This isn't books. Everything older than a year sucks. The past is dead to me. >_<

Well, sucks for you then.

Everything older than a year sucks. The past is dead to me. >_

You're off my christmas card list.

Mostly awaiting Old World Blues at the moment in terms of new releases. Started up a replay of Dragon Age: Origins as well which I plan to play a bit on and off. Despite some problems here and there, I still feel it's Bioware's finest offering. Think they got very close to nailing that marriage between "old-school" gameplay with the gaming trends of today. Shame so much of it was cast away and trimmed down in DA2 instead of improved upon. I think Origins itself could've done with being slightly smaller and more focused in some places. There was some fat to cut away definitely and some areas that could've done with more developing (a lot of the encounter design). Sadly DA2 mostly felt like a lesser experience overall, with what little trade-offs there were not being worth it at all in the end.

Playing a female human noble character this time around.

Still, in a bit of a gaming slump at the moment and not sure I'll finish the Origins replay. I do really feel like playing *some* game, but at the moment the prospect of replaying old games yet again just bores me and nothing on the horizon really excites me either. Old World Blues will be fun, I'm sure, but it's just a DLC and I'm not sure I'll like the direction of it anyways.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Still, in a bit of a gaming slump at the moment and not sure I'll finish the Origins replay. I do really feel like playing *some* game, but at the moment the prospect of replaying old games yet again just bores me and nothing on the horizon really excites me either. Old World Blues will be fun, I'm sure, but it's just a DLC and I'm not sure I'll like the direction of it anyways.

Pretty much me in a nutshell. Which is why, I suppose, when I do get a new game I like, I play it to death for a long time. So few new ones that interest me & older ones fading.

I still love my old games in terms of respect/review/all-timers but it's hard to play them for very long when you know every square inch, every method, every detail, that even a few years of non-play can't erase. >_<

But times like these give me time to catch up on all the TV/movies I might've missed, so it all works out in the end.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

May I suggest you branch out to games that you wouldn't otherwise play?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I've been deeply immersed in both Napoleon and Shogun Total War, just getting ready for when I've have to take over the world for real :p

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I'm getting to an interesting stage where, having decided that I generally prefer older games, I've gone back and almost exhausted all the old games I'm likely to be interested in. Over the last 3 years I've gone back and played games like Ultima VII, Deus Ex, Gabriel Knight, Divine Divinity, Conquests of the Longbow, etc. Some older games, too, but get to things like Betrayal at Krondor and Lands of Lore and its just a bit too archaic for me. So now it feels like not only are there not a lot of cool new games, I'm running out of old ones to play. :p

Only games I'm seriously looking forward to are Risen 2, Dishonoured and whatever Obsidian do (though I'm hoping they get back to what they do best and give us a party-based story-heavy RPG with a 'deviant' turn).

Personally, there's a bit of a graphics nut in me. right now many things made around the turn of the millenium I just can't play because the resolution won't go up high enough, and I just can't stand the graphics (and often for those games I'd have to shut off my secondary monitor to get it to work right). Certain games I can get along with, Deus Ex, Homeworld 2, and other more sprite/stylized games I can deal with because they age REALLY well, but others? Eeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Also Playing:

City of Heroes

Team Fortress 2

MTW2:K (blast you english history course!)

Bad Company 2

Trying to get into X3

Mount and Blade

Mafia 2

Forza III

Uhh, and that's all... the two major ones are City of Heroes, and Bad Company at the moment.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

This isn't books. Everything older than a year sucks. The past is dead to me. :p

You can always rampage through the indie game thread, lots of cool stuff there.

But do read DWD first, otherwise you'll get spoiled sooner or later.