Music

Gorth

Budgie rule.

Thanks alot! >_<

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

It's like my body has developed some sort of massive calypso deficiency. Mainly listening to Lord Kitchener.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Saw these guys on the Colbert Report, they're pretty good so I thought I'd share

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Excellent! I've been a Yo-Yo Ma fan since before I was married. I remember the head of the Indiana University library gave me one of his cassettte tapes. Fun times, man. Thanks for bringing it back for me.

I was watching Shutter Island a while back and fell in love with this rather depressing tune:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBxRp3pqwgo

The original is much more upbeat, even though the lyrics are the same as far as I can tell.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Fates Warning - Face the Fear

Rediscovering my love for mid-period Fates Warning. I used to write this stuff off as too commercial and boring, but really it's quite brilliant now that I'm revisiting it.

And I'm now convinced Mark Zonder is not a human.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

I find myself a little to detached, almost pathologically so and on an unrelated note here's

(not my actual "piece", just the song by Rammstein)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdWo8lGLDgI...feature=related

Guantanamara. I couldn't find the version I have on my playlist, but this one has the same sort of upbeat feel to it. The song is actually kind of sad. Cuban bastard. lol But I love the song and it's definitely fun for dancing.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Guantanamara. I couldn't find the version I have on my playlist, but this one has the same sort of upbeat feel to it. The song is actually kind of sad. Cuban bastard. lol But I love the song and it's definitely fun for dancing.

I am now assuming that 'limbo' in your status means the dance, not the location.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Grammar police here, it's Guantanamera. Meaning girl from Guantanamo.

Sigh, the good old days when Cuban music was relevant. :(

village_idiot.gif

Grammar police here, it's Guantanamera. Meaning girl from Guantanamo.

Sigh, the good old days when Cuban music was relevant. :(

A thousand pardons. ...And my wife speaks Spanish. She'd be sorely disappointed.

I am now assuming that 'limbo' in your status means the dance, not the location.

Beats disco. I mean either the dancing or the music and I speak from experience, having lived through the onset of both at the time. Although, like a lot of folks my age, I've been to a lot of discoth

Obsidian Plays

(CBS) "Iron Man" lives again. The four original members of Black Sabbath will reunite to record their first new studio album since 1978. There's been speculation about a reunion for months, but now it's official. They heavy metal rockers announced the news Friday during a Los Angeles press conference at the Whisky A Go-Go, the site of their first L.A. concert exactly 41 years ago to the day (Nov. 11, 1970). Black Sabbath -- featuring singer Ozzy Osbourne, guitarist Tony Iommi, bassist Geezer Butler and drummer Bill Ward -- will headline the Download Festival on June 10, 2012 in Donington Park, England. They'll then embark on a world tour to support the new album, expected to be released in fall 2012. Rick Rubin, who's worked with everyone from Metallica to the Dixie Chicks, will produce Black Sabbath's comeback effort. Black Sabbath's self-titled debut came out in 1970. Osbourne, Iommi, Butler and Ward released "Never Say Die," their last album together as a line-up in 1978.

Hell yeah!