Commercial success

it lacks depth.

man, you better not post anything at all, than something like that. I feel insulted, "lacks depth" compared to what? and who defined "depth" in a video game in the first place? and what the hell is with that user handle?

What user handle?

There just isn't much depth , for example the combat stats, they could have explained this in game as opposed to adding some help list in the menu sure some stats are familiar but thinks like warding?

The story half unfolds in what seems to be like some sort of powerpoint presentation. The plot is so straight forward i half expected some twists and turns but, no. Characters appear like soulless puppets (granted they really are) who can't move anything but their lips in a dialogue.

It probably is just me, like i said i don't think it's a bad game in fact it's a good game, just not great.

it lacks depth.

man, you better not post anything at all, than something like that. I feel insulted, "lacks depth" compared to what? and who defined "depth" in a video game in the first place? and what the hell is with that user handle?

What user handle?

There just isn't much depth , for example the combat stats, they could have explained this in game as opposed to adding some help list in the menu sure some stats are familiar but thinks like warding?

The story half unfolds in what seems to be like some sort of powerpoint presentation. The plot is so straight forward i half expected some twists and turns but, no. Characters appear like soulless puppets (granted they really are) who can't move anything but their lips in a dialogue.

It probably is just me, like i said i don't think it's a bad game in fact it's a good game, just not great.

Compare this to the older DS games and I'd say this game has way more depth than them. Skill depth? The first game didn't even have any skills. Just spells that level up as your guys auto-attack. Conversation depth? Do I even need to mention that?

The story half unfolds in what seems to be like some sort of powerpoint presentation. The plot is so straight forward i half expected some twists and turns but, no.

Don't take this as an insult but I seriously doubt you fully understood the plot or the themes behind it.

I don't know how this game will perform in sales or metacritic or whatever.

What I can say as a gamer, and an employee in the gaming industry, is that Dungeon Siege 3 is significantly better than the garbage titles we've been seeing in 2011. And from what i've played is one of the best action/rpgs on the console.

I certainly hope the game sells well. Obsidian deserves it, and it may give more incentive to patch in the few minor fixes the community wants. I'll be spreading the good news about this game for sure, I love it.

The story half unfolds in what seems to be like some sort of powerpoint presentation. The plot is so straight forward i half expected some twists and turns but, no.

Don't take this as an insult but I seriously doubt you fully understood the plot or the themes behind it.

No insult taken, like i said it probably is me. While i do think i have a decent grasp of what the intention was i feel like they missed the mark.

There are quite a few more things that seem out of place or are just there and barely expanded on, which feels like a missed oppertunity.

What I can say as a gamer, and an employee in the gaming industry, is that Dungeon Siege 3 is significantly better than the garbage titles we've been seeing in 2011. And from what i've played is one of the best action/rpgs on the console.

I certainly hope the game sells well. Obsidian deserves it, and it may give more incentive to patch in the few minor fixes the community wants. I'll be spreading the good news about this game for sure, I love it.

Metacritic sucks anyways. I don't think most of the european magazines even post their scores there. At least couldn't see any German or Finnish scores there for DS3.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Metacritic sucks anyways. I don't think most of the european magazines even post their scores there. At least couldn't see any German or Finnish scores there for DS3.

How does Metacritic even choose its critic. Its always so random for me. Are they really just applied by the reviewers themselves?

Publications don't "post" their scores there, it's Metacritic that collects scores from the publications they judge credible enough. Admittedly, their methods are less than transparent, but the logic behind that choice (instead of, you know, aggregating all reviews they can find and do an average) is pretty sound.

GameRankings offers some pretty similar scores anyway, 74,60% for PC, 74,06% for the Xbox 360 and 74,21% for the PS3.

I am in total agreement. Dungeon Siege 3 is a great title, it looks great (the dungeons are fantastic), it plays like a dream (with a controller). While it might be shorter than some other RPGs, it certainly keeps your attention all the way to the end. I never got bored with DS3, not once.

So, I'm looking forward to what's coming our way now that the sales have done well! :)

Publications don't "post" their scores there, it's Metacritic that collects scores from the publications they judge credible enough. Admittedly, their methods are less than transparent, but the logic behind that choice (instead of, you know, aggregating all reviews they can find and do an average) is pretty sound.

GameRankings offers some pretty similar scores anyway, 74,60% for PC, 74,06% for the Xbox 360 and 74,21% for the PS3.

Looks like the PC section is rapidly approaching Alpha Protocol scores then. Not so good.

I see, so the biggest and oldest gaming magazine in Finland isn't good enough then for such an awesome site as Metacritic :(

"So that the site would actually have a bit more credibility?"

With who? The handful of Finnish gamers? Come on, now, don't be so arroagnt to think that things should revolve around you. L0L

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It's in Finland, in Finnish, why should it be on an English site?

Actually they do take foreign sites aswell it's happened more than once that i wanted to read the full review and it wasn't in english, i've seen some danish, turkish and spanish/portuguese.

Interesting, seems like we've discovered a case of gross discrimination against Pelit and the Finnish nation as a whole. This injustice will not stand.

Finno-Ugric nations unite against this atrocity!

I hope it does well. New Vegas convinced me that that Obsidian is the only RPG maker today who cares about adding roleplaying features to their roleplaying games. Unlike Bioware

Failing Fallout:

The tale of an average Joe making his way in the Mojave: Failing Fallout New Vegas

The tale of an average Joe forced out into the Capital Wasteland: Failing Fallout 3

"So that the site would actually have a bit more credibility?"

With who? The handful of Finnish gamers? Come on, now, don't be so arroagnt to think that things should revolve around you. L0L

Yes clearly that was my point. But fine I'll explain it in words even you arrogant toothless canuck will understand:

It adds more credibility to the site if they cover as many big magazines/sites as possible from all over the world. It gives them bigger sampling hence it's statistically more accurate.

Interesting, seems like we've discovered a case of gross discrimination against Pelit and the Finnish nation as a whole. This injustice will not stand.

I'm pretty sure the Swedes are involved in this someway. Mkreku where do you live? We need to "question" you....

jesus..

I'm not your Jesus, but gently caress you too :)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Finno-Ugric nations unite against this atrocity!

I'd like to stand with my finno-ugric brothers here, but I don't even know if we have gaming magazines here. The whole paper thing seems to be going out the window, so I can't really say I care.

Soro, I never took you for a goon.

Edited by Purkake