Commercial success

You can check Amazon.com (the north american amazon ie largest games market) and easily see the ranking for dungeon siege across all platforms. I posted the info yesterday for all platforms in another thread. I'll go copy paste it into this thread.

EDIT:

Here's the rankings for DS3 from Amazon:

Xbox 360 - #53

PS3 - #50

PC DOWNLOADS - DEMO is #1 on downloads . FULL GAME is # 13 on downloads.

PC DISC RETAIL - #24

Source: Amazon.com 26 june 2011

The free demo is a number one download though for PC and that might mean good news for the title.

The console sales are abysmal though.

Edited by MonkeyLungs

Note: Dungeon Siege III was released June 17th wich means it only tracked for one day in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Sweden. Still can't find info on France, Italy, Norway and Finland.

Wasn't in top10 in Finland for weeks 23-24. But that's hardly a surprise when it's only out for 1 or two days out of the 14 possible. And for example the tax free stores in

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

vghChartz is trash. It cna't be trusted.

I do find it funny that those who took vghchartz's numbers a sgospel for DA2 (for its 'lowly' numbers of 2mil lol) will; not question its validity.

If those numbers are accurate (which they like aren't), DS3 is a financial bomb. HUGE bomb.

That said, vghcartz is trash. DO NOT TRUST THEM! Thanks to vghchartz, I'm more akin to believe that DS3 has sold 5mil copies. That's how untrustworthy vghcratz is. It''s the SOZ of numbers tracking.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Was this game even advertised on television? I recall seeing tonnes of Alice or Duke Nukem commercials, but I can't recall a single commercial for Dungeon Siege III.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

That was a terrible commercial. The majority of it, if you were flipping channels and came across it, you wouldn't even know what the heck it was for.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Regardless...it did have TV Spots. In addition, it was pretty heavily advertised on the major sites and magazines. I subscribe to PC Gamer and there were a lot of ads, on on Steam on release the whole front page style was Dungeon Siege III styled.

OMG! That's the commerical? Vghchartz being a joke aside, if the game bombed, that commericial has to be one of the reasons why. L0L That has to be the WORST game commerrical I ever recall seeing! LMAO

That commercial was actually funny, because the beginning is so bad. Good commercials make you laugh and you remember them. How many of you actually remember any of the generic game ads that normally run on TV?

Don't think I saw any commercials / magazine ads for DS3 in Finland.

I'm sure there's at least one person who recommends big rigs as well...lol! Ok I joke point is obviously "word of mouth" is a additive in it's effect. If there's an overwhelmingly amount of negative criticism it usually drowns out the positive voices that maybe be out there as well. Granted it's pretty much impossible to quantify this, but from what I have seen on most forums it's mostly negativity.

Codex is so anti DS3 there aren't the usual dozens of threads bashing a 'mainstream title' like usual. They simply don't care about it. That is very sad. :xEven the horrible AP got more attention from the Codex. L0L

Edited by Volourn

I'm sure there's at least one person who recommends big rigs as well...lol! Ok I joke point is obviously "word of mouth" is a additive in it's effect. If there's an overwhelmingly amount of negative criticism it usually drowns out the positive voices that maybe be out there as well. Granted it's pretty much impossible to quantify this, but from what I have seen on most forums it's mostly negativity.

And please correct me if I'm wrong, but the negativity is mostly coming from the PC gamers who want to co-op. While that has to be frustrating as all get-out for PC gamers who bought the game to co-op, many people are enjoying the single-player experience on their consoles.

The point is there are two entirely different subsets to be heard from. Neither one has 100% of the total experience on their side.

I know that two other people have purchased the game on my recommendation and both enjoyed it.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Word of mouth from me would be positive :)

I've convinced three of my friends, who aren't even RPG fans, to buy it so we can play co-op. :wub:

Obsidian, you owe me for that additional +3 to unit sales!

And please correct me if I'm wrong, but the negativity is mostly coming from the PC gamers who want to co-op. While that has to be frustrating as all get-out for PC gamers who bought the game to co-op, many people are enjoying the single-player experience on their consoles.

The point is there are two entirely different subsets to be heard from. Neither one has 100% of the total experience on their side.

I know that two other people have purchased the game on my recommendation and both enjoyed it.

No, the console forums I have seen have been pretty negative as well. Not as negative, but I'd categorize it (as a whole) as luke warm.

No, the console forums I have seen have been pretty negative as well. Not as negative, but I'd categorize it (as a whole) as luke warm.

You're right. No one actually likes the game.

Feel better?

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Here's my view on the matter of reviews and sites like Metacritic. Dragon Age 2 got an 80ish score... it sucked balls. Dungeon Siege got a 70 and it rocked balls (with some flaws that could be patched up and fixed).

That tells me that I can't trust Metacritic and I am NOT going to be a sheep and play games that obviously had influenced ratings by means other than the integrity of the game itself. If you don't get what I just said, then basically, "Eff Metacritic and IGN, they suck and they show ratings that publishers PAY FOR." I, however, am going to be my own judge.

I like Dungeon Siege 3 and would recommend it to anyone who games. Yes, it has flaws, but it's fundamentals and gameplay are solid. NEW GAME+ can be added. Camera Angles can be fixed, and Keymapping can be added.

Codex is so anti DS3 there aren't the usual dozens of threads bashing a 'mainstream title' like usual. They simply don't care about it. That is very sad. :xEven the horrible AP got more attention from the Codex. L0L

Did you play it already Voli? How did ya like it?

You're right. No one actually likes the game.

Feel better?

That's not my intention...and I like DS3 anyways it's a pretty good game.

Did you play it already Voli? How did ya like it?

Codex hates everything, though I'm fairly certain I saw bunch of people from Codex that liked the game.

I'm predicting that Volo gives the game 2 hours and after that goes on rampage and claims DS3 is the worst game ever made comes up with some "funny" nickname for it and bashes the game as much he can. Naturally he reads all the story elements from some wiki and based on that he is the expert on the game (in his own mind...) much like with Alpha Protocol :sorcerer:

Or he might actually like it.