Possible DLCs discussion

I wonder how potential DLCs will be handled. Seems like it could be a good route to "plug in" new areas or sections to the main game. Though that will of course mean the whole level cap debate will flare up, will the cap be raised or not, will the game be balanced and yaddayaddayadda.

I would prefer a full on expansion/new campaign of course but I doubt we'll see that. What I hope they will *not* do is those boring item packs, I want something that feels substantial.

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I wonder how potential DLCs will be handled. Seems like it could be a good route to "plug in" new areas or sections to the main game. Though that will of course mean the whole level cap debate will flare up, will the cap be raised or not, will the game be balanced and yaddayaddayadda.

I would prefer a full on expansion/new campaign of course but I doubt we'll see that. What I hope they will *not* do is those boring item packs, I want something that feels substantial.

I'd like to see a quest pack. Some meaty dungeon crawls and loads of hidden chests. Not too fussed on dialogue and character development. I wonder how long it would take to create some new dungeons using assets from previous ones?

Edited by AddziX

Well... A random dungeon generator would be bloody brilliant; just rooms upon rooms of bland monsters being thrown at you.

Campaign and story first, of course and yeah... Don't do a Bioware and release "OVERPOWERING ITEM PACK!"

Edited by Chasted

Well... A random dungeon generator would be bloody brilliant; just rooms upon rooms of bland monsters being throne at you.

Campaign and story first, of course and yeah... Don't do a Bioware and release "OVERPOWERING ITEM PACK!"

Oh God yeah, random dungeons would be awesome. Doubt that will happen, though. Probably quite a lot of time required to code that.

Well, I'll be happy with a nice wide arena style area that could go down with something like this: "So, you want to kill monsters, aye? Do you want to have a hard battle, an easy one or an impossible one?"

Queue the PC asking for an impossible one; queue forced hardcore difficulty change and your facing up against

that first time you battle Jeyne... But with her and her lackies as well

any DLC ill get as long as it isnt like the limited edition dlc which just added some weapons to your main characters inventory.

thats boring. at least make us work for the stuff.

a new game+ possibly. id love to wade through the game again just blasting my way through easy enemies or on hardcore.

a survival arena mode where you can take your endgame character to and see how many waves you can plow through. maybe with checkpoint saving, new loot etc.

any DLC ill get as long as it isnt like the limited edition dlc which just added some weapons to your main characters inventory.

thats boring. at least make us work for the stuff.

a new game+ possibly. id love to wade through the game again just blasting my way through easy enemies or on hardcore.

a survival arena mode where you can take your endgame character to and see how many waves you can plow through. maybe with checkpoint saving, new loot etc.

I too would quite happily pay an extra

I hope it sells well enough that we can get a proper expansion pack. That's the only way I think we can hope to see 1-2 new characters with their own abilities. Otherwise, as Ziets hints, it'll probably be a few new areas with new sidequests that open up either in the swamp or in Stonebridge.

I hope it sells well enough that we can get a proper expansion pack. That's the only way I think we can hope to see 1-2 new characters with their own abilities. Otherwise, as Ziets hints, it'll probably be a few new areas with new sidequests that open up either in the swamp or in Stonebridge.

Fingers crossed for the next couple of weeks. :thumbsup:

I would so love to play with my end-game character...the arena reminds me of Dungeon Siege II :). Umm a free expansion pack yes but to pay Obsidian to add stuff that where supposed to be in-game already no. I am not a fan of reviews, rankings, scores and stuff like this but 90% I agree with the people from IGN.

Check this out because they pointed out all the missing things:

Rumor: Dungeon Siege 3 pre-order DLC inadvertently revealed in Steam files (via Joystiq)

Ex-OEI production intern Nathalie Gomez

- So people have been like, "OH MY GOODNESS! Names for Dungeon Siege 3 DLC have been leaked!" But hey at least nothing was hacked into.

- On the bright side, at least people have #DS3 DLC to look forward to! :)

Unless Obsidian has some form of twisted humour and decides to name their future DLC after the pre-order bonus items I don't think that matters much

Edited by Chasted

This would be best. Maybe raise the level cap to 40 too. Have a bunch of long sidequests that increase the game time.

Just to clarify, the registry entries are there because the pre-order DLC is downloaded from Steam.

Don't believe me? Search for any other pre-order DLC that is distributed through Steam there, e.g. the ones from Fallout: New Vegas. So it's not actually a leak.

Though, that ex-intern's post makes it seem like they are working on one.

Hate the living, love the dead.