What are you playing now?

DSIII, while technically competent and very polished, feels lacklustre and very limited in scope. It's like they had either a too small team or not enough time to develop, or both.

It's just not a very ambitious game.

For a hack n' slash it certainly is ambitious (and controversial).

Controversial? Don't make me laugh. I've yet to see a single game that is "controversial". Unless your idea of controversial is different than mine.

You haven't? And here I thought Mortal Kombat with it's entire creation of the game ratings system had controversy, or the Columbine killings blamed on Doom was controversy, or Hot Coffee was controversy...silly me...I obviously don't know what controversy is.

On the other topic, DS3 is good, but Alpha Protocol is better as far as gameplay goes. I'd say AP was FAR more ambitious overall, and gamer heavy than DS3. DS3 was more polished, but AP wins out for me any day of the week.

Controversity is a prolonged disagrement over a matter of opinion. It doesn't have to be something as big as this etc. So yes, lots of games are controversial. :)

Edited by C2B

I'm thinking of playing KOTOR2. I can run it on Win7 w/out any "fixes" last I tried, hopefully it still will. Question is, I'm interested in trying that 1.7 restoration mod thing....will that work on Win7? Or should I install it all on my XP PC.

I'd prefer playing on the Win7 PC, but...

As far as I know, if you can run the game, the modded game shouldn't behave any differently.

That's what I hoped. Thanks, guess I'll give it a shot.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Getting used to Divine Divinity. Not sure if it's an issue with the GOG version but get brutal slowdowns, probably a music issue. Seems pretty interesting though, was expecting a Diablo clone.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You can not give your game to your son from your account to his account without them allowing you to do it... That is Digital Right Management...

If your son wants to play AP he has to buy a seperate copy one way or the other.

No he has not... I just give him my copy and he can play it while I am playing another game, without anyone else than me, having the final say... That's called in civllized world Fair Use!

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Getting used to Divine Divinity. Not sure if it's an issue with the GOG version but get brutal slowdowns, probably a music issue. Seems pretty interesting though, was expecting a Diablo clone.

Thanks for reminding me I have Divine Divinity. I was thinking about jumping into Divinity 2 this weekend, but recently decided to beat 1 first.

Dag nabbit, I think I need to get my spreadsheet out again.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

You can not give your game to your son from your account to his account without them allowing you to do it... That is Digital Right Management...

If your son wants to play AP he has to buy a seperate copy one way or the other.

No he has not... I just give him my copy and he can play it while I am playing another game, without anyone else than me, having the final say... That's called in civllized world Fair Use!

But that's not what the publishers want you to do.

That's why we got DRM in the first place.

Thankfully not all publishers what that, therefore we have such free market example here, where I can say big **** YOU, to the publishers who put anticonsumer stuff onto their products, and choose publishers who do not treat their fans and customers like thieves and scummbags... these publishers earned lot of money from me last few years, while Steam did not earn a single penny from me... Isn't it beautiful to have a choice when you want to enjoy some non-essential stuff and entertainment?

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Origin does release date checks and counts concurrent installs. It is indeed DRM. It just isn't always online DRM, since you can run (at least some) games without it active.

Origin does release date checks and counts concurrent installs. It is indeed DRM. It just isn't always online DRM, since you can run (at least some) games without it active.

Not advocating piracy here, but if you do own the game why not just get the crack.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Not advocating piracy here, but if you do own the game why not just get the crack.

That's what gamecop...errr.. I mean....Probably because it's illegal still, no ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

That's what gamecop...errr.. I mean....Probably because it's illegal still, no ?

Yea it's pretty funny if you get a crack for the game you already bought but you're still a filthy pirate, thieving honest people out of their money. :lol:

I love City of Heroes.

I AM PROGRAMMED TO LIKE PIE

WHY?

THIS QUESTION HAUNTS MY EVERY ACTIVE MEMORY CYCLE

I DO NOT EVEN HAVE A MOUTH TO EAT PIE

WHY ME?

And then the bots start arguing about either defending or attacking.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Yea it's pretty funny if you get a crack for the game you already bought but you're still a filthy pirate, thieving honest people out of their money. :verymad:

I doubt anyone would blame someone who bought AC2 for downloading the crack. Point its companies do tend to get a little carried away with their DRM schemes, to the point of hurting the customer.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Yea it's pretty funny if you get a crack for the game you already bought but you're still a filthy pirate, thieving honest people out of their money. :verymad:

I doubt anyone would blame someone who bought AC2 for downloading the crack. Point its companies do tend to get a little carried away with their DRM schemes, to the point of hurting the customer.

Someone actually did. DRM was built in for a reason, it's part of the game, yadda yadda and apparently you're all that's wrong with today's world for not being inconvenienced by it. Don't remember who came up with this, but probably Vol. -_-

GoG version of Divine Divinity is borked due to a blunder from Larian.

From one of their status updates:

So the other big thing that kept me busy was Divine Divinity - we re-released it some time ago on good old games, taking the opportunity to fix some bugs in it and had the plan to do even more updates on it, but unfortunately the programmer who was working on it left the company, shortly after the re-release and ever since there literally wasn't any time for getting somebody else back into the code. This sucked, but it was one of those priority decision things and we had other issues to deal with that affected many more people. But now that there actually is some time to look at it, we decided to revisit it.

Imagine then the unpleasant surprise when we discovered that we somehow managed to lose all the changes he made to the code !!! What looks like a fairly ok backup policy turned into an epic fail when we saw that one of the discs that had a big label on it (sort of) 'Divine Divinity GOG masters' contained not the 2009 release but the 2002 release. You couldn't see it from the contents of the disc because the dates were all ok, but that was only because the 2002 files had been recompiled. The actual changes weren?t in the code that was on the disc ☹

Ironically, the list of all the changes that were done was on the disc, as were indeed the binary masters, but it was the wrong source code. It was an accident for sure, and given the circumstances in which we were working then (i.e. continuous crunch and no cash) perfectly understandable, but still, quite unsettling.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Oh look, MW managed to derail the discussion into DRM, again.

Subtle :verymad:

village_idiot.gif

So the other big thing that kept me busy was Divine Divinity - we re-released it some time ago on good old games, taking the opportunity to fix some bugs in it and had the plan to do even more updates on it, but unfortunately the programmer who was working on it left the company, shortly after the re-release and ever since there literally wasn't any time for getting somebody else back into the code. This sucked, but it was one of those priority decision things and we had other issues to deal with that affected many more people. But now that there actually is some time to look at it, we decided to revisit it.

Imagine then the unpleasant surprise when we discovered that we somehow managed to lose all the changes he made to the code !!! What looks like a fairly ok backup policy turned into an epic fail when we saw that one of the discs that had a big label on it (sort of) 'Divine Divinity GOG masters' contained not the 2009 release but the 2002 release. You couldn't see it from the contents of the disc because the dates were all ok, but that was only because the 2002 files had been recompiled. The actual changes weren?t in the code that was on the disc ☹

Ironically, the list of all the changes that were done was on the disc, as were indeed the binary masters, but it was the wrong source code. It was an accident for sure, and given the circumstances in which we were working then (i.e. continuous crunch and no cash) perfectly understandable, but still, quite unsettling.

:'(

But... but... that's the version I have!

Well then. That sucks.

Steam is a delivery service first, not DRM per say.

But have it your way.

LOL

ARE You a Steam coverup'er...err...PR spokesman.

DRM sometimes is LESS intrusive then STEAM.

You CAN turn STEAM off for automatic updates...granted...but STEAM is still on your system and still can gather information on you, and still accesses the internet without your permission even after you turn it off.

STEAM can prevent you from playing games, and they can yank all your games from you at a moment's notice.

Steam is a game rental service, it's just not as draconian in what it charges you as something like netflix or blockbuster. You don't really own the game, they do, and you are at their mercy if they ever decide to disable your access to that game.

Of course, other companies are trying to get in on this service/idea. Some have already shown just how little ownership you actually have over the game (aka, the DA2 incident with EA).

The only REAL game companies I'd consider that allows you to actually own games via download that I've heard of thus far would be GOG...and possibly, Stardock's Impulse (though that's up for debate).

Edited by greylord

Naw, you got DRM so that the publishers could flaunt (aka, try to bypass and break) UK law. That and so they could stop second hand sales.

Edited by greylord