Highly stylized, high profile role playing game.

As WUE said, Obsidian is hiring network programmers (for the multi-player mode in a secret project?), gameplay programmers, tools programmer and engine programmers.

EDIT: Avellone's twitter is following me :p

Edited by funcroc

Understandably, Chapman appears not to be in the mood of letting us discussing any different project in DSIII thread. :x Well, there is time before PC demo, anyway.

EDIT: Avellone's twitter is following me >_<

:lol: Is that a practical joke for letting you feel stalked traced or just a practical means to get news?

Continue reading some E3 coverages. Gaming industry seems to be really expanding... Windows 8 will be able to allow developers to make games for both PC and tablet while expanding networks in rising countries and/or to portable computers (how could we call some of them phones even with the adjective "smart"?) will do the same to more various types of devices. Cloud, IPhone/Pad, Android, and now Windows 8? Wonder if Steam or Gog would be going to integrate their services with a/some kind(s) of cloud gaming, too. For it would be nice for us if we can play budget and/or older games through browsers while letting us to play modern titles with something like Onlive, Gaikai as well as our local computers. Alternatively, would Windows 8 allow us to reach our "local" computers from portable devices more easily with possible standardized IPv6 tunneling, for example? Too many possibilities and quite many chances for game companies. At least, nice to know some of the factors could rather reduce the risks for game companies even if they will make the competition tighter, yea, literally world-wide. :aiee:

So, next and/or current move of Obsidian? Well, beats me. I may begin to "follow" someone, too. :shifty:

Well, we do know that the licensed IP game will most likely be reveiled next week.

Fingers crossed.

We do?

While E3 certainly makes sense aren't game announcements usually the domain of the (hitherto undetermined) publisher?

Well, we do know that the licensed IP game will most likely be reveiled next week.

Fingers crossed.

We do?

While E3 certainly makes sense aren't game announcements usually the domain of the (hitherto undetermined) publisher?

Have you read the interviews with Feargus a few months back? He said the new licensed game will likely be announced at E3.

- LA Times

Video game consoles' dominance is crumbling

Consoles are losing ground in video gaming as players turn to tablets and smartphones

..."In the past few years a whole new area of gaming has opened up in which the power of consoles really doesn't matter," said Feargus Urquhart, chief executive of Irvine game developer Obsidian Entertainment Inc.

- Hardcore

Hardcore in Los Angeles

Soon the fun begins!

Hardcore is the first time present at E3, gaming industry's largest happening

From the 6th June the world will be flooded with games news of all kinds, and one of the game studios that will be present is Obsidian Entertainment. We visited the developers of games like Fallout New Vegas, and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 in their offices in Irvine, California.

Currently they work with many non-advertised game, so shooting was less popular. However, we were allowed to take this picture:

1307241807_oei.jpg

Chris Avellone and Jim Rivers, Obsidian Entertainment

As you can see like the board game in Obsidian Entertainment! Jim and Chris had a lot to say, and follow the on Hardcore next term you will hear what they had to say. Hardcore will send a six-part documentary series on digital culture. You will hear more about trends in the gaming industry, technical challenges, censorship, and much, much more!

Hardcore is sent back next week with coverage of the games industry's Oscars, the Electronic Entertainment Expo!

Edited by funcroc

"BG3 on the Infinity Engine..."

You ar ejesting but that ain't happening.

Obsidian and Atari aren't dumb enough to use such an ancient engine.

Also, that would mean Atari and Obsidian would have to make a deal with EA/BIO since BIO (hence EA does) owns the IE.

Besides, a BG3 would be 3D. with 4E rules. :)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"BG3 on the Infinity Engine..."

You ar ejesting but that ain't happening.

Obsidian and Atari aren't dumb enough to use such an ancient engine.

Also, that would mean Atari and Obsidian would have to make a deal with EA/BIO since BIO (hence EA does) owns the IE.

Besides, a BG3 would be 3D. with 4E rules. :x

Hehe...

Boo!

Yeah, just jesting :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Consoles are losing ground in video gaming as players turn to tablets and smartphones

I will hate the day where games will be made with console, tablets and smartphones in mind, which then will be ported to the pc afterwards.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I will hate the day where games will be made with console, tablets and smartphones in mind, which then will be ported to the pc afterwards.

You're a little behind the times then, bro.

OT: ex-Obsidian sound designer Fryda Wolff (SoZ, AP, Aliens) is working at Turtle Rock Studios. Ex-OEI programmers Brock Heinz (VtM:B, NWN2, Aliens), Matt Campbell (L4D, DS3) and Daniel Teh (Supreme Commander, DS3) are also working at Turtle Rock and ex-OEI programmer Kevin Lin (The Lord of the Rings: Conquest, DS3) is at EALA's Danger Close Games.

Edited by funcroc

That Turtle Rock Studio RPG IP has become one of my most antcipated games in the next years and we don't even know what it is. ;) Just from all the people they hired.

Edited by C2B

it's an RPG? I thought they were working on a shooter ;)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.