Highly stylized, high profile role playing game.

Shouldn't there be some announcement for a new Obsidian game or am I horrible wrong now?

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

It's nice to know they have Twitter in hell.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So no news....

I wonder if Obs will have another different publisher. They've had Atari, Bethesda, LA, Sega and Square so far. Who's next? Ubi? EA partners? Take2? Acti? Valve would be nice.....

Edited by Bos_hybrid
cylon_basestar_eye.gif

(Ex-?)Obsidian UI artist Jason Sereno's LI profile updated

Recently I was working on user-interface art and animation for "Dungeon Siege III" at Obsidian Entertainment, which was released by Square-Enix in June 2011.

Currently I am living in Hangzhou, China and continuing to work for Obsidian Entertainment on contract on a currently-unannounced title.

Hmm, this is getting intresting :)

Funcroc, it still says he is working for Obsidian. So clearly not an ex-employee :)

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

Working for Obsidian on contract is different from working at Obsidian.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how many people read the DS3 forums here (and why would they...) So I figure I'll post this quote from Eurogamer's interview with Nathaniel Chapman.

Eurogamer: Rumour has it your next project is going to be a 2D RPG. Can you tell us anything about that?

Nathaniel Chapman: We do have some job postings for something but I can't talk about it, except to say that people will be very excited when they find about it.

Familiar IP? Is this the IP that Feargus said was an offer he couldn't refuse?

Icewind Dale 3? One can hope. Though it would clash with uncle Feargus' desire to dumb down character generation. :lol:

By the way, they're ramping up the job offers.

2D VFX Animator:

Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a talented self-motivated animator to create a range of 2D effects and animations for a highly stylized 2D world.

Flash Artist Intern (again?)

2D Environment Intern:

Obsidian Entertainment is looking for self-motivated artist to draw props and environment concepts for a highly stylized 2D world.

2D Environment Illustrator:

Obsidian Entertainment is looking for talented, self-motivated environment artist to help create environment concepts and illustrations for a highly stylized 2D world.

Yup, they're definitely working on a 2D game.

Now I am really curious what that game will be. If people will be "very excited" about it, it must be something we know already. Probably something old that hasn't been touched since a while?

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."