Movies you've seen recently

Gorth

Couple of low-res screenshots of PROMETHEUS

Achtung! Spoilerish.

The only thing that could get between me and the awesomeness that will be Prometheus is that Ridley Scott dies of a heart attack and the movie will be taken over by Uwe Boll.

Considering the other directors in the Scott family, I think a heart attack isn't enough, it needs to be at least a plane crash that also takes out Tony and Jake. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Couple of low-res screenshots of PROMETHEUS

Achtung! Spoilerish.

The only thing that could get between me and the awesomeness that will be Prometheus is that Ridley Scott dies of a heart attack and the movie will be taken over by Uwe Boll.

I like the aesthetics, he's kept it very close to the first one.

Watched Source Code. Bleh. Although it is much better than that Inception garbage, which it resembles, to an extent.

Also, watched Ingmar Bergman's Wild Strawberries. Great stuff.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

"The Adjustment Bureau"

This Philip K. revival on film makes me seriously consider the fact that he is the best Sci Fi writer of our times.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

"The Adjustment Bureau"

This Philip K. revival on film makes me seriously consider the fact that he is the best Sci Fi writer of our times.

"the adjustment bureau" is loosely based on the pkd short story with a similar name. honestly, we saw the movie with no idea at the time it were based on the pkd story. then we read some online source telling us that adjustment bureau were a pkd vehicle. perhaps we focused too much on the dog, and the Old Man in the short story. sure, once we were told o' the connection we could see, but is only some big concept stuff that is similar. am thinking that some folks likes to use pkd name to create nerd cred.

*shrug*

btw, we thought the pkd story were kinda lame... not one o' his best. another reason we failed to make the connection 'tween the movie and the short story.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"the adjustment bureau" is loosely based on the pkd short story with a similar name. honestly, we saw the movie with no idea at the time it were based on the pkd story. then we read some online source telling us that adjustment bureau were a pkd vehicle. perhaps we focused too much on the dog, and the Old Man in the short story. sure, once we were told o' the connection we could see, but is only some big concept stuff that is similar. am thinking that some folks likes to use pkd name to create nerd cred.

*shrug*

btw, we thought the pkd story were kinda lame... not one o' his best. another reason we failed to make the connection 'tween the movie and the short story.

HA! Good Fun!

Different strokes for different folks

Still all things considered he transfer onto the screen very well. Wish I could say the same about Wells.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Samurai Champloo (anime series) - so awesome.

....still tons of anime I don't like or don't "get", or at best give me 'take it or leave it' feelings, but the few series I discover that I do like, I like a lot.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Captain America..

It's a good movie, but as has been said not great.

There's not the same feel of superheroics that you get in other "costume" movies, more of a partially pulp adventure style. That's probably due to the combination of the world war 2 setting, and the fact that Captain America doesn't really have any wacky powers, just.. slightly suped up physical capabilities.

Stark works quite well as a background character, and The Red Skull hams it up enjoyably in that "i'm so evil i've split from the nazis" way.

Throw in a few chuckleworthy lines of dialogue and the expected Stan Lee cameo, and its all an entertaining mix.

Saw this and Cowboys and Aliens.

I think I liked Cap better, but it did start to drag on. I think that's partly to blame because of their book ends. And Agent Carter just felt entirely shoehorned into the story.

I did like seeing the Human Torch however.

Cowboys was probably one of the better movies I've seen, but it too felt a wee bit dragy. Probably because they spent to much time setting up things, and the final battle felt like the Smith fight from Matrix Reloaded.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

How did you watch an anime that hasn't been released on the US? :ermm:

You speak Japanese? Or did they change the date?

Edited by Orogun01

village_idiot.gif

Just got back from Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Probably the best movie I've seen all year.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Watched the Campy Awesome that is "Iron Monkey".

Basically it's a wire fu movie with a camp level that's off the charts (They literally have the final battle contrived so it's on poles above a lake of fire).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Legion is a very good movie; I?ve watched it the last two days. It?s on demand on most cable providers.

That's an awful first post.

village_idiot.gif

Not a movie per se, but one of the satellite channels has been re-running Shogun at lunchtime.

It might be getting a tad old (1980), but that is one damn well done adaption.

Pretty much full of some brilliant acting from all sides, both european/american and japanese. Some amazing performances when you get down to it.

Just be sure to watch the mini-series, not the crushed "movie" version some half-wit tried editing out of it.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Wonder if he'll use the plot of that "sequel" book

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hikaru no Go.

Can't believe an anime about the board game of Go could be somehow so enthralling. And then eps. 60/61 had me bawling like a baby. :shifty:

Also, I saw a long trailer for the prequel film to The Thing. I wasn't impressed. The notion of making a film based around the team that actually digs up the "thing" in the ice isn't bad, but eh, I have doubts they pulled it off. Plus I'd personally be annoyed if they ignore certain continuity aspects related to the Carpenter film.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Its a sure sign of desperation when they're making a prequel to a remake of a trashy 50s flick.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.