What are you playing now?

I got Homefront on a whim. I was shocked by how good it is! :lol: I dont know about the story because Ive only played an hour but the gameplay is solid, it looks really good and it runs really smooth. It seems one critic must have had an axe to grind and then everyone else just followed suit.

Yeah, I guess that particular critic didn't get his goodie bag or some crap...

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

IGN only gave Homefront a 7.0 while they handed out a 8.5 to CoD: Black ops, which was a sub-par FPS in every regard

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

A lot of the complaints I hear about Homefront sound like they could have been used on Modern Warfare 2. Is the actual shooting as good or better? At least the story couldn't be any dumber... right?

The story would actually be pretty good if it had time to get working. It's written by the guy who did Red Dawn and has several references to that movie.

Big thing that people hated was that THQ made it so if you bought new you got a multiplayer code for online play, but if you got used you had to pay for the multiplayer.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Big thing that people hated was that THQ made it so if you bought new you got a multiplayer code for online play, but if you got used you had to pay for the multiplayer.

I don't blame THQ for that... Bloody second hand games market.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Think I'll return to FIFA 11. Got a bit tired with the fact that every team I play is the same, coupled with my defensive AI being rather helpful and sometimes the physics of the game's reality just happen to make the ball go to their players.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

A lot of the complaints I hear about Homefront sound like they could have been used on Modern Warfare 2. Is the actual shooting as good or better? At least the story couldn't be any dumber... right?

The story would actually be pretty good if it had time to get working. It's written by the guy who did Red Dawn and has several references to that movie.

Theres something wrong with this....

Hmmmmm........

Ah, I got it:

You're from the US, aren't you?

Yeah, world makes sense again. Sorry for bothering.

I'm pondering making another attempt at GTA IV.

I originally played it back when it first came out on the pc..but just ran out of steam with it. Something just didn't seem quite as "fun" as other things.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm pondering making another attempt at GTA IV.

I originally played it back when it first came out on the pc..but just ran out of steam with it. Something just didn't seem quite as "fun" as other things.

The game gets a lot better as it goes along. Rockstar, since GTA San Andreas have used a very slow build up in their stories. You start of low and very slowly work your way up to the big action moments.

I personally couldn't put GTA IV down, have replayed it multiple times and consider it one of my all time favorite games, but I can see how some people might have a hard time getting through the early sections. I had a hard time myself with San Andreas.

The game gets a lot better as it goes along. Rockstar, since GTA San Andreas have used a very slow build up in their stories. You start of low and very slowly work your way up to the big action moments.

I personally couldn't put GTA IV down, have replayed it multiple times and consider it one of my all time favorite games, but I can see how some people might have a hard time getting through the early sections. I had a hard time myself with San Andreas.

Well I'd opened up all the islands and was balancing a whole bunch of gf's in the game. So I was probably over the half-way mark.

I think it was some mission involving a meeting between chief mobsters at some abandoned warehouse type place that I ran out of steam. I had to quit the game to deal with real life and then just couldn't find the motivation to return and finish it all off.

These things happen occasionally.

gta 4 was not very compelling to me. neither was 3, or san andreas. the only gta game i completed was vice city.

red dead redemption was much more my cup of tea. looking forward to a sequel someday

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

gta 4 was not very compelling to me. neither was 3, or san andreas. the only gta game i completed was vice city.

red dead redemption was much more my cup of tea. looking forward to a sequel someday

I'd look forward to a pc version of Red Dead Redemption... But I kind of doubt they'll do that. >_<

Edit:

And I just can't justify to myself spending the money on getting a console for one or two games a year when I enjoy pc gaming so much.

Edited by Raithe

I'd look forward to a pc version of Red Dead Redemption... But I kind of doubt they'll do that. >_<

Edit:

And I just can't justify to myself spending the money on getting a console for one or two games a year when I enjoy pc gaming so much.

i prefer pc gaming too, but there are definitely a few games worthy of getting on console. It all comes down to your piggy bank though, i personally own all three consoles and an ok pc (ie its more powerful than an xbox 360, but hardly a modern marvel). I spend about 70% of my gaming on PC, 20% on xbox, and 10% on ps3. I haven't even turned on my wii in about 3 years (except to watch netflix on in our second bedroom). no joke.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Finally got around to buying Casear3 & Lords of the Realm2 from GoG, so I can play them on Win7 if I want. Which I think I'll do this afternoon. :)

But strangely, GoG claims I've bought Jagged Alliance Deadly Games...it's on my "shelf"/I can download it. Problem is, I don't remember buying it. Not saying I absolutely didn't, maybe I did months ago & forgot, but it's not the kind of game I'd normally buy. Hm.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

But strangely, GoG claims I've bought Jagged Alliance Deadly Games...it's on my "shelf"/I can download it. Problem is, I don't remember buying it. Not saying I absolutely didn't, maybe I did months ago & forgot, but it's not the kind of game I'd normally buy. Hm.

It was handed out for free as a part of some promotion.

It was handed out for free as a part of some promotion.

Well, that would explain it then, thanks. At least I know I haven't lost my mind. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I actually started a fresh run through of Alpha Protocol... I haven't done that in a fair while.

And it's quite amazing how bad you can be after so much time has past. :)

Finally got around to buying Casear3 & Lords of the Realm2 from GoG, so I can play them on Win7 if I want. Which I think I'll do this afternoon. :)

Woo Caesar III. Ah the days of trying to get people close to the factories but not too close.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Caesar III's on my temptation list, though right now I'm going through Fate of the World (cool beans) and once again Alpha Protocol.

Really want to try FF Tactics again and perhaps finally beat it, it's an amazing tactical squad combat game even if you have to spam X though a whole lot of boring JRPG story. But with the PS emulator and the story bits and just how difficult it is (and how it sometimes needs a lot of grinding) makes it very laborious.

Played a bit Portal 2 this morning, before going to work. First 30 minutes are fun already. The companion-robot-eye-whatever that is explaining you everything kind of reminds me of the 10th doctor from Doctor Who.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Same thing for me, vice city is the only one I've completed. Haven't tried san andreas or even RDR, though. I'll give LA Noire a stab, though.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Just bought the Alone in the Dark package off GOG.com for some quality survival horror gaming time during the Easter holiday (don't know how it is elsewhere, but I'm gonna be off from Thursday to Monday :thumbsup:).

I have some vague memories of the game(s), but can't for the life of me remember if I actually played any of them back in the day, and if I did, which... So it'll be interesting. They look like they'll be right up my alley regardless, so I'm looking forward to them!

Shadow Thief of the Obsidian Order

My Backloggery