RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Your positive take leans me more back to picking this one up.

Still unsure though at a 50 USD price point.

I enjoyed Crysis mostly because of the sandboxy world and because I enjoyed fiddling around with the suit functions. And it sounds like these are the two areas that have been most changed in the sequel.

I only wish developers would do as many CRPGs as they do FPS o:)

That sort of variety woudl be nice.

Edited by Slowtrain
Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

For the record, I'm playing this on PC and I don't feel the game is dumbed down. It has more structure to the gameplay now that it isn't so open like Crysis 1 but I like that way better, because Crysis 1 was a borefest.

I've read comments that the suit systems are less interesting and more automated than in the first game. For example, not only do you automatically acivate the suit's speed system when you run, but you can't run WITHOUT the suit automatically activating, and that running with the suit enhancement isn't particularly fast to begin with now.

What's your take?

Maximum Speed in C1 was pointless to begin with.

I found it great in Warhead. I don't know if that's because of something special about Warhead or because by Warhead I was tired of trying to stealth.

You use it for hit and run. Come at guys in stealth, shoot the crap out of them, switch to speed and run away. Wait for regen, repeat.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I found it great in Warhead. I don't know if that's because of something special about Warhead or because by Warhead I was tired of trying to stealth.

You use it for hit and run. Come at guys in stealth, shoot the crap out of them, switch to speed and run away. Wait for regen, repeat.

Yeah, it was pretty easy to fool around with the Koreans. C2 I would say is now a harder game, the AI also tries to encircle you from different directions which is nice. Running away and taking cover now is critical, there's also a nice feature that when you are in cover, you can lean out with the mouse instead of a shortcut, which feels more natural.

April is practically empty, so I might pick it up.

april is awesome, portal 2 and the new mortal kombat!

may is less hot for games..., with june and july being even worse

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Portal 2 is cool.

The last good Mortal Kombat was 2. I have no idea how people can keep buying those games.

Portal 2 is cool.

The last good Mortal Kombat was 2. I have no idea how people can keep buying those games.

umk3 was awesome, everything after that I kouldn't (teehee) tell you.

this game is a 2d fighter again, and is being balanced (supposedly) for tourney play, its one of the games at evo this year too. I am crossing my fingers pretty hard for this to be good.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Guest The Architect
Portal 2 is cool.

Could I persuade you into getting the new one if say, our import goes through, I get Live and therefore you have the opportunity to add me and do a brutal fatality against me? Too bad you will fail, though.

I CHALLENGE YOU!

I WILL SEVER YOUR HEAD!

What I wonder is... do they have some fancy algorithm behind it? If it's just all game scores into one and the average rating of it, then in theory one person with just a few but good rated games would have a better personal rating than someone with lots of games and bad ratings in between.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Why is this horrible outside of having hurt feelings that your fave dev is rated 'low' and your most disliked dev is rated 'high'. It's all fun, and in grand scheme of things means nothing. no need to get butthurt over it.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I don't care which dev is rated with what value on this plattform. But it should care the devs who got some profile there without having added it by themself. After all, it's their reputation that can get damaged / heavily influenced by stupid reviews and whatnot.

Plus, it makes no sense anyway. Example: You worked on various games and have done like two or three minor things for it. Still you are listed on that page and get the score of these games added to your score. Now this can be good or bad for that person... but in any case it's super stupid.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Why is this horrible outside of having hurt feelings that your fave dev is rated 'low' and your most disliked dev is rated 'high'. It's all fun, and in grand scheme of things means nothing. no need to get butthurt over it.

It's horribly inaccurate, doesn't take into account the way game development works and it comes from a ranking site that is widely already used by the industry to take decisions (e.g. bonuses granted only if a game gets a certain metacritic score).

gotta be an early april fools joke. why jump straight to people instead of developer companies? ie level 5 v bioware etc, instead of cliffy v miyamoto.

There's now a tactical mode that let's you target bad guys for tracking, there's the Armor mode which I find myself using more often, also stabilizes your aim and dampens falling from heigh. And of course invisibility, and the tactical modules for your weapon.

Wasn't there a similar tactical mode in Crysis 1?

jeez, they rank DLCs too, and ME2 has a rating of 96? that site is very wrong, the investors are idiots if that's how they measure a game's success

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

There's now a tactical mode that let's you target bad guys for tracking, there's the Armor mode which I find myself using more often, also stabilizes your aim and dampens falling from heigh. And of course invisibility, and the tactical modules for your weapon.

Wasn't there a similar tactical mode in Crysis 1?

Not that I remember, unless you mean something different. The tactical mode in C2 highlights ammunition boxes and let's you target bad guys so that you can keep track on them.