RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Peter Molyneux Wants to Help With completely ruining the Syndicate Remake

this..... A FPS in the Syndicate setting?

*sigh* Already covered this months and months ago. I doubt it'll ever see the light of day.

Edited by Nightshape

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Peter Molyneux Wants to Help With completely ruining the Syndicate Remake

Sigh, people seem to forget that Peter Molyneux has a repertoire beyond the Fable series. The guy is a genius when it comes to AI, I for one would welcome to see what he comes up with.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

that grim dawn looks pretty ok. wonder when it will release in relation to torchlight 2, dungeonsiege 3, and diablo 3?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Another boring Hack & Slay *yawn*

I'll wait for the real deal from Blizzard.

The irony is strong in this post.

The dudes at Blizzard are the only ones you get this stuff right.

*sigh* Already covered this months and months ago. I doubt it'll ever see the light of day.

That game has been suspiciously long in development...

Nah...some do a decent job. You are right that most clones are absolutely trash.

I liked Dungeon Siege 2...that was pretty awesome.

Torchlight was pretty awesome for what it was as well.

Okay...that's all that have really impressed me for PC since D2...and that was mostly SP so gameplay was NOT as multiply awesome as D2 Multi...but for SP and the limited time they lasted they would be chalked up with D2 in my book.

On console, Champions of Norrath, Xmen Legends 2, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance (1) were pretty awesome action RPG's in the Diablo range...but made for consoles instead.

That game has been suspiciously long in development...

Considering the team is something like five people I think they're doing ok.

TQ was awesome and I have very high hopes for Grim Dawn. Anticipate it much more than I do D3.

Excellent piece of news. While this has been a source of amusement, this is just wrong... You can't rate individuals on a team effort.

Excellent piece of news. While this has been a source of amusement, this is just wrong... You can't rate individuals on a team effort.

Establishments of education over the world disagree with you.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Except an establishment of education requires certain things in order for a person to enter, and to pass. A degree course has the same requirements for all its students.

You can work on a product for years, and never recieve a credit.

You can work on a product for weeks, make no contribution, and recieve a credit.

How can you "judge" peoples careers in such a manner.

Not my University, thankfully. Work in groups was done in a collective manner, unless it was some odd assignment where you were assigned a module and then that had to work with A and B's modules. You really can't rate someone out of a team of 50, say, based on the end result. Although I suppose if a game has poor design decisions, you can fault the design lead as he has the responsibility, while not the blame.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

It uses Unreal, so impressive, but not THAT impressive, and definately doable by a 9 man team.

That's the thing about UE, you get so much out the box.

I want this game so bad. When's the last time we had a good mech game?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Hm , so UT but with mech skins and a fancy ****pit display.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hm , so UT but with mech skins and a fancy ****pit display.

Well a little more than that, but not much.

Still nice, and looks fun.

Ah yes, I had forgotten all about LL. Also, should get Crysis. Hm..maybe after I upgrade.

Now I'm confused, why has a court decided to step in and decide where people are allowed to work? What's that **** about?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

This procedure aims to protect Ubisoft Montreal in a breach of contract situation

Yeah, but is'nt that an situation that is supposed to protect itself so to speak?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken