What you did today

Gorth

Had colic today, like some sort of outlandish baby. Was also accosted outside polling centre by party nutloop who demanded to know if he could take a not of my voting card number. I politley informed him that I felt this was 'inappropriate' and that there was no way on Earth I'd let him know my voting details. This made me so angry I didn't even realise until about ten minutes later! Surely this is the kind of thing that happens in banana dictatorships?

Then I found out my friend had Labour pollsters actually come to his house and demand to know how he'd voted. WTF????!

I liked the way the LibDems insisted the wording on the Referendum had to be... so that if you wanted to keep the current form of voting you had to select "No".

Managed to get myself to the polling station for that and the local elections. Nearly had to push mom's mobility buggy home because the battery in it is going wonky. But they're about

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Had colic today, like some sort of outlandish baby. Was also accosted outside polling centre by party nutloop who demanded to know if he could take a not of my voting card number. I politley informed him that I felt this was 'inappropriate' and that there was no way on Earth I'd let him know my voting details. This made me so angry I didn't even realise until about ten minutes later! Surely this is the kind of thing that happens in banana dictatorships?

Then I found out my friend had Labour pollsters actually come to his house and demand to know how he'd voted. WTF????!

Aren't those just exit polls?

The first guy was as I was going INTO the poll. The Labour guys were actually better described as party activists than pollsters.

Don't get me wrong. I've worked on a hard fought election campaign team and I know how people get over excited and do the wrong thing. BUt as a great man once said "Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." There's something deeply creepy about people turning up at your house and writing down who you vote for.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well the sun is out and shining so there is that..

After a day of settling it looks like the garage door has a small flaw in that all its weight seems to be settling on the lower hinge. So have to redo that.

Mom's having one of her bad days where all sorts of things have flared up so there's dealing with that.

And the puppy seems to have chronic wind and a bit of diarhea..so paranoid having to keep running it outside every 15 minutes or so when it starts panting and whimpering a little. Although it seems to be settling at the moment. (just to challenge murphy...)

Have you considered dressing the puppy up as Ayman al Zawahiri, taking it to a large public park, and phoning in an anonymous tip to the US embassy? He'd be in Gitmo before they discovered the error, and then they'd refuse to acknowledge the mistake. :lol:

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Entered work late due to some lawyer/banker douchebag getting trapped in the revolving door and my deciding to watch him and the firemen who "rescued" him rather than walk around and go to work. That's the third person to be trapped in the doors here in a year.

From this day on I

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Have you considered dressing the puppy up as Ayman al Zawahiri, taking it to a large public park, and phoning in an anonymous tip to the US embassy? He'd be in Gitmo before they discovered the error, and then they'd refuse to acknowledge the mistake. :)

More likely to just dump it in the Channel these days...

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Entered work late due to some lawyer/banker douchebag getting trapped in the revolving door and my deciding to watch him and the firemen who "rescued" him rather than walk around and go to work. That's the third person to be trapped in the doors here in a year.

From this day on I

-Elwood Blues

Saw Thor.

Gotta say, the set and costumes for the Gods were AWESOME!

Although casting a black guy as the "whitest of the gods" (Not kidding) seems a little... counter intuitive.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

They should make a film based on real Norse mythology - the old stories are much better than anything a modern Hollywood writer can create. Plus they are violent, sexual and immature enough for todays audience.

Ragnarok on the big screen would be awesome..

Fortune favors the bald.

Norse Mythology is right up there on the cool scale, but I don't think it will make a good movie. A tradional animation on the other hand... There are a couple of those aleady but I would sure like to see one with a Peter Jacksonish budget.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

They should make a film based on real Norse mythology - the old stories are much better than anything a modern Hollywood writer can create. Plus they are violent, sexual and immature enough for todays audience.

Ragnarok on the big screen would be awesome..

This is a Marvel Comics property, not just "Hey! Lets do a movie about that guy wit da hammah!"

What bugs me about the upcoming is that they've recast Chris Evans as Captain America. I mean, he's already played one marvel icon in two films. It's just weird they're re-using him for a different character.

Actually in some ways it's being a bit of a relaxing weekend start. My sister's gone away for the weekend and taken the dogs with her, so I don't have to worry about them.

On a seperate note, having the joy of needing to keep reminding myself of one fact, while struggling not to think about that fact. Which probably sounds really bizarre and illogical but. eh, its one of those.. I have to do one of those to stop being too grouchy and demanding, whilst the other to stop being too griefy and frustrated.

Emotions. How much is chemical, how much is mental, and just which bit comes from the soul? :shifty:

You really think they'll reference his Fantastic Four stuff in Avengers? :shifty:

You really think they'll reference his Fantastic Four stuff in Avengers? :shifty:

You don't see those 2 groups do a lot of stuff together, maybe they won't have to. Plus it wouldn't be the first time and actor had double roles on a film.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I was referring more to the fact that the F4 movies were universally panned and at least the second one was a bomb.

Although casting a black guy as the "whitest of the gods" (Not kidding) seems a little... counter intuitive.

The idea offends me.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I was referring more to the fact that the F4 movies were universally panned and at least the second one was a bomb.

Maybe they'll skip several arches into the future and kill Johnny Storm.

Can't be worse than what Bryan Singer did to the X men.

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Tried to take today off work entirely. Found myself congealing like cheap cheese in the waxy corner of a sandwich box. Back on work now, feeling much better. Contemplating having no dinner to see if there's actually anything wrong with not eating dinner.

-Elwood Blues

Invited to a gathering of friends, got asked to bring along a batch of dvd's to provide movie options.

Where they picked the Count of Monte Cristo for viewing pleasure, and I found out that none of them knew what the story was about, had seen any of the film versions, or even knew there was a book much less read it...

Sometimes I feel like the odd man out.. :verymad:

Bought more system RAM for a total of 12GB. I wanted 24 but I would've had to buy the entire amount new (to get 24 in my case/slots & be matched) & that would've been a lot more. So I had to buy (3x2GB) of the same that I already had...only $100. Not as RAM-studly as I wanted to be, but still more than I had before. Now just need an upgraded video card. Still not sure which yet...keep hoping prices will fall a bit more first...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

so after almost an entire week, i at last managed to sleep last night

still feel terrible, but at least things don't look wobbly anymore

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I just found out that the Vampire: The Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition will be available for per-order, hopefully it'll not be too expensive. Even so, a 400+ page rule book for Masquerade is too good to pass up (even if it is likely going to be pricey).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Having one of those odd morning starts. Kind of wrapped up in feelings of frustration, tiredness (of the mental/soul more then the physical), and a few other things.

That mix due to frustrations with re-shaping my mind back to adequate skills of programming, mental flexibility and such.. dealings with the ex, some of the passive/aggressive atttitudes of my father, the way my [older] sister can still pull off acting like a spoiled 17 year old, and my mothers medical conditions.

Also partly that "where did the better part of the last 10 years of my life go while i was doing the 'primary carer' routine."

Maybe that's due to how many weeks now pass between evenings spent in the company of my friends. It's that natural roll out where you have the core group of nearly twenty years now, but it hits the point where careers have kicked off for them (that and marriages, kids and the like). Other hobbies that they don't share with everyone else in the group taking up time... But it's that thing where you meet new friends at work , and at those various external hobbies as you grow up past university...

And because I've basically been stuck at home like this, which means dealing with the family and not fresh faces.. I haven't met new people to form friendships outside of that core group I grew up with. That and government support doesn't really give you the money to get out on fun and exciting hobbies. Not that I can totally blame that, I've always been one of those people who can be perfectly happy on my own as much as in a group. So it doesn't bother me that much when a month or so passes and we don't have any gatherings, but I'm aware of the way it's happening.

Ah well. I think I might find the time to sit down and pull out my old copy of the Count of Monte Cristo to read this afternoon. Some well plotted revenge extravaganza and see the old school "magnificent bastard" routines.

That and carefully compartmentalise everything and repress again. If there's one thing the English can be good at, it's repressing. >_<