What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

Complete dearth of games to play. Might go out and get DOW 2 Retribution and maybe Rift on Tuesday, also contemplating Bulletstorm for the fact of hearing Hale cuss.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

also contemplating Bulletstorm for the fact of hearing Hale cuss.

Definetly worth it!

Bought the game the day before yesterday, and I love it. I'm going to start a replay tomorrow after some sleep, and hope I suck less at skillshots and be more flexible with the weapons.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

So, interesting thing happened. I'm playing Mass Effect... and I'm slightly enjoying it.

Now, all my old complaints still stand. But they're not annoying me as much right now.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

that's because of the Mass Effect 2 experience

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I just can't win. After carefully installing mods for Fallout 3, it was going fine for a while. Now it crashes when I fire a bloody gun. Any gun, don't matter.

Back to New Vegas, at least my favorite mod has been updated with the recent patched version of the game.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I'm actually contemplating picking up Homefront in a couple of weeks...

I mean, I enjoyed the old Freedom Fighters game, so it might be worth it.. and they have talked about how you can get different consequences in the game depending on the choices you mae and how you handle the resistance ... So I'm a tad curious how well that will play out.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I'm actually contemplating picking up Homefront in a couple of weeks...

I mean, I enjoyed the old Freedom Fighters game, so it might be worth it.. and they have talked about how you can get different consequences in the game depending on the choices you mae and how you handle the resistance ... So I'm a tad curious how well that will play out.

Choices and consequences in Freedom Fighters mostly revolve around the order in which you complete missions if I recall. In one mission I think you could do a frontal assault on an important base, while they are unaware, but then they'd call in reinforcements and airsupport if you took too long.. You could've taken out the reinforcements and air support first, but that would've alert the base. So it's more like doing side mission to alleviate the main missions. I don't remember any ground breaking C&C build up at least.

Fortune favors the bald.

Choices and consequences in Freedom Fighters mostly revolve around the order in which you complete missions if I recall. In one mission I think you could do a frontal assault on an important base, while they are unaware, but then they'd call in reinforcements and airsupport if you took too long.. You could've taken out the reinforcements and air support first, but that would've alert the base. So it's more like doing side mission to alleviate the main missions. I don't remember any ground breaking C&C build up at least.

Well I meant I'd enjoyed Freedom Fighters.. and Homefront looks like it's going to have certain similar styles in some way. But they've talked up about how you interact with civilians and other resistance members can have further consequences down the road..

So it's possible there might be a bit more c&c to Homefront then the simple ones of Freedom Fighters.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

that's because of the Mass Effect 2 experience

Mass Effect 2 actually made me like Mass Effect 1 less. Given that I used to hate Mass Effect with the power of a thousand exploding suns, that's saying something.

Because at least the enemies of Mass Effect 2 don't blindly rush down corridors at you.

Because at least the enemies of Mass Effect 2 don't blindly rush down corridors at you.

wha? :blink: and that's a good thing? I like it way more than sitting behind cover waiting for them to show their ugly heads from behind cover

and Husks still do, by the way. :shifty:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

wha? :shifty: and that's a good thing?

It's a good thing when the enemies aren't space zombies.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I can't fathom how anyone can like enemies that rush into killboxes. It wasn't fun, it wasn't challenging, it was just hitting the ability that let you fire without overheating and holding the trigger. whoooooooooo

Husks may charge at you in ME2, but at least they no longer have those long tube corridors. And the Husks either end up coming from multiple directions or get paired in a group with stronger enemies.

Edited by Tale

by the way, Garrus's mission. those mercs with thick skulls charged the structure head-on in an attempt to overwhelm the defense and break through. it's my favorite part of the game :shifty:

Walsingham said:

I wish there was a mod to remove all the class restrictions. I think I migth have more fun comming up with a class of my own.

As I understand there are no mods at all because the file system hasn't been cracked. I gave ME1 a go on the strength of #2 and, well, the weapons sound horrible, really grating in your ears, and everything is slightly uglier, even accounting for the time of release. I guess there is really something to be said for polish over size.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

finally made it to strategic missions in ArmA2 OC. it's fantastic, although I can't seem to find a good guide that explains the basics of base building.

but ACE2 makes this game so hard... in the original shooting is executed like in any other FPS, you shoot once, the gun twitches and returns to where it was targeted at by itself. but in ACE you have to realign the gun after every shot manually, I couldn't even kill the guy standing right in front of me, of 7 quick shots only one actually hit him, in the shoulder... it's brutal and unforgiving, and I'm loving every second of it. but I really don't know how people manage to hit stuff in ACE, especially in multi-player battles

Walsingham said:

I enjoyed Risen more than Two Worlds II, but they are both good games in my opinion. It's a shame the final boss encounters are very badly designed. Now that I think about it, so were the final battles in Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age: Origins. I liked them all, but the final boss encounters... eh. I'm moving on to Divinity 2: DKS, I'm expecting a good game, but I do not have high hopes for the final fight.

Then we have non-rpgs with crappy final fights... Gears of War 2, Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed 2, GTA 4, the ending sequence in Splinter Cell: Conviction... and the list goes on. Am I the only one that feels this way? I must mention that I actually liked all of the games I listed.

Finally playing The Silver Lining's KQ fan made project. Holy wow. For a FREE fan made game (now up to episode 3) it really really well done. I am honestly amazed at how good it is so far. It is very faithful (so far) to all the in game lore and setting.

I'd dare say (graphics and VO aside) it is FAR better than anything Telltale has done (so far). It's like a project that was made from pure love. Much like the incredible Ultima V: Lazarus fan made project. Granted I'm only on Chapter 2, but it has been a wonderful romp so far.

Finally playing The Silver Lining's KQ fan made project. Holy wow. For a FREE fan made game (now up to episode 3) it really really well done. I am honestly amazed at how good it is so far. It is very faithful (so far) to all the in game lore and setting.

I'd dare say (graphics and VO aside) it is FAR better than anything Telltale has done (so far). It's like a project that was made from pure love. Much like the incredible Ultima V: Lazarus fan made project. Granted I'm only on Chapter 2, but it has been a wonderful romp so far.

You like it? I only heard bad things about episode 1, so I never bothered. Maybe I'll check it out tomorrow or this weekend.

I enjoyed Risen more than Two Worlds II, but they are both good games in my opinion. It's a shame the final boss encounters are very badly designed. Now that I think about it, so were the final battles in Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age: Origins. I liked them all, but the final boss encounters... eh. I'm moving on to Divinity 2: DKS, I'm expecting a good game, but I do not have high hopes for the final fight.

Then we have non-rpgs with crappy final fights... Gears of War 2, Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed 2, GTA 4, the ending sequence in Splinter Cell: Conviction... and the list goes on. Am I the only one that feels this way? I must mention that I actually liked all of the games I listed.

I have not yet finished Two Worlds 2 (being distracted by Dead Money at the moment), but Risen really had one of the worst end bosses I've seen in a RPG.

The worst I've ever seen was in the otherwise excellent FPS Black (on my PS2). I entered a room with lots of really difficult soldiers, threw all my grenades, fired blindly all around me in the ensuing chaos and with barely any life left won the fight. All of a sudden the end credits started rolling! Apparently one of those difficult soldiers was the guy I had been chasing the entire game, but there was no build up, no hint that he was there, no distinguishing features that made him stand out.. such an anti-climax.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I enjoyed Risen more than Two Worlds II, but they are both good games in my opinion. It's a shame the final boss encounters are very badly designed. Now that I think about it, so were the final battles in Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age: Origins.

Mostly agree, but I think DAO's ending battle was pretty decent. Mostly because of the Ballista, and having a thief repair it etc. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I have not yet finished Two Worlds 2 (being distracted by Dead Money at the moment), but Risen really had one of the worst end bosses I've seen in a RPG.

The worst I've ever seen was in the otherwise excellent FPS Black (on my PS2). I entered a room with lots of really difficult soldiers, threw all my grenades, fired blindly all around me in the ensuing chaos and with barely any life left won the fight. All of a sudden the end credits started rolling! Apparently one of those difficult soldiers was the guy I had been chasing the entire game, but there was no build up, no hint that he was there, no distinguishing features that made him stand out.. such an anti-climax.

Unfortunately, Two Worlds II is even worse in that regard. :ermm: I don't want to spoil anything, but since you agreed with me that the final boss in Risen was bad, I think you will most likely hate the final one in TWII.

Edited by Labadal