What are you playing now?

Tigranes

I can't be excited for Killzone 3. I thought 2 was mediocre. Crysis is slightly more exciting since I recently played the first and was incredibly surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I can't be excited for Killzone 3. I thought 2 was mediocre. Crysis is slightly more exciting since I recently played the first and was incredibly surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

I'm not excited for any of them really, Killzone I didn't like a single one yet, and Crysis well... I guess the PC version may be alright, but I don't think much of what I've seen/heard etc...

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Crysis Warhead was especially fun for me. I think it was because I had better system mastery. Instead of just trying to sneak everywhere and getting pissed when I didn't succeed, I'd just do hit and runs which turned out to be brilliant fun. BANG BANG, speed run away, cloak circle back, BANG BANG, strength jump over rock

Edited by Tale

Played the Bulletstorm demo today, and wow, this game stinks. I don't know what all the fuss is about.

I thought it was blatantly obvious already from what they were showing - no need to try demos.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I'm playing Super Meat Boy on PC, but I would like to use an Xbox 360 gamepad. I have a wireless controller, but I don't want to buy an adapter. I do have a USB charger, and I know it doesn't do ****. My question is if there is anyway around the "buy a an adapter" option. I really suck with the keyboard. I also have PB Winterbottom and I would like to use a controller for that too. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm playing Super Meat Boy on PC, but I would like to use an Xbox 360 gamepad. I have a wireless controller, but I don't want to buy an adapter. I do have a USB charger, and I know it doesn't do ****. My question is if there is anyway around the "buy a an adapter" option. I really suck with the keyboard. I also have PB Winterbottom and I would like to use a controller for that too. Any help would be appreciated.

Nope dude... Not that I am aware of.

i would just buy a wired xbox controller, you can still use it as a spare xbox pad, and you can use it easily on your pc. if you shop around you can find them on sale for good prices sometimes too

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Labadal, I use this.

Works perfectly.

Interesting, thanks to your link I also found this. Will consider these two options, but for now keyboard will be good enough.

Sucks that you have to part with cash...

It's becoming very clear that MMO's aren't for me, just as I though before I even tried World of Tanks. Not because of the game, because 80% of the people who play it. I become angry very, very rarely while playing single player games because if I lose/die/whatever, it's 99.9% of times purely my own fault. Well guess what happens to that 99.9% while playing WoT?

Sigh..

And here I am once again whining about it. Time to either stop playing it or to find a clan that doesn't consist purely out of walking abortions.

It's becoming very clear that MMO's aren't for me, just as I though before I even tried World of Tanks. Not because of the game, because 80% of the people who play it. I become angry very, very rarely while playing single player games because if I lose/die/whatever, it's 99.9% of times purely my own fault. Well guess what happens to that 99.9% while playing WoT?

Sigh..

And here I am once again whining about it. Time to either stop playing it or to find a clan that doesn't consist purely out of walking abortions.

On the other hand, MMOs can be awesome if you can find a group of nice/like-minded players to group with regularly. I know I was completely addicted for some time to DDO, and it was only because I happened to come across a bunch of nice guys that recruited me into their guild. Grouping with people with similar interests and preferences is what made the game for me, but the downside is when the group dissolved, going back to PUGs was not an option and I quit.

People here have often come together to play different games. They wouldn't have me, but a less abrasive person like yourself would probably have fun. And I'm secretly hoping that a few of the regulars here will at least give TOR a shot, so there's that...

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Yeah, I bet you are right. Those rare times I have been part of a team of positive minded players who at least have tried to work together, I have had great time, even if we lost the game.

And about that "less abrasive person".. hmh, that depends much on what kinda people I am interacting with :shifty:

oooooh, right. I heard Galaxies was a good game

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I have a space addiciton coupled with an unhealthy childhood fascination of starwars so I might try it even though Ive hated every MMO Ive ever tried.

..and yes, Star Wars Galaxies is horrible. Im amazed people bought that piece of unfinished crap. The sound isnt even synched to the animations

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Star Wars Galaxies had its charms. The non-combat options in the game were fairly expansive. You could set up your own stores, create entire towns. I played for a few months and managed to get a full set of stormtrooper armor and a little house to decorate. It was pretty fun running around as a stormtrooper doing errands for Darth Vader. They even implemented a language system, where you had to learn wookie in order to understand what those players were saying. It was laso nice that there was no traditional leveling system, although you still grinded stuff.

The charms amount to community building. Everything else about it was a complete mess.

We could own our own cities, with shopping districts, build our own names as fearsome bounty hunters. But don't expect combat to be anything but absurd. Buffs that double or triple your stats, available from one class, that enable you to solo end-game content. Enemies that ignore the 1/4 PvP reduction with AoE from longer range than anyone else can fight!

Edited by Tale

my heart is still yearning for a proper D&D dungeon crawler, so I installed the horrible Ruins of Myth Drannor. generated a party and everything seemed to go well. but as soon as the game started the graphics glitched. every model is invisible or transparent if you adjust it to the max in the settings. turns out the game conflicts with Catalyst drivers for Radeon cards... gah, I don't feel like rolling back to some pre-2000 drivers, and I wanted to make a Let's Play of it too :p

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Has anyone tried Magicka yet? It's $10 on Steam. Seems like it might be a fun light action-rpg romp but I'm undecided. The combat/action parts seem rather mundane but it seems to have humor w/a bit of puzzle as well.

This is a review/video of gameplay:

...some ppl say it's a bit buggy.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

my heart is still yearning for a proper D&D dungeon crawler, so I installed the horrible Ruins of Myth Drannor. generated a party and everything seemed to go well. but as soon as the game started the graphics glitched. every model is invisible or transparent if you adjust it to the max in the settings. turns out the game conflicts with Catalyst drivers for Radeon cards... gah, I don't feel like rolling back to some pre-2000 drivers, and I wanted to make a Let's Play of it too ;)

Dungeons & Dragons: Tactics for the PSP.

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.