FO: NV (General Discussion)

CoM_Solaufein

None of these names sound like an abandoned city overrun by dogs o:)

That was the only unfinished story lead in Fallout: New Vegas that piqued my interest.

You mean Denver? Can't remember anything of that in FNV.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

None of these names sound like an abandoned city overrun by dogs o:)

That was the only unfinished story lead in Fallout: New Vegas that piqued my interest.

You mean Denver? Can't remember anything of that in FNV.

Antony, a member of the Legion who trains dogs at the Fort, comes from a tribe near Denver, and the way he describes it, it's Dogtown from Van Buren. So yeah.

I guess I'll have to get Dead Money the day it comes out and maybe start a completely new game of FNV. Damn you guys, damn you, like I have the time o:)

If I wasn't balls deep in Morrowind right now I'd be joining you, I'll hang on though, wait and see what the other DLC brings.

Beat the game finally as House's messenger of destruction.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

NV made the 2010 top ten sales list for the 360 in the US: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/32873/E...er_Platform.php

The best news though is that it curb stomped ME2.

Edit: Unfortunately there are no actual numbers, that would be interesting.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

NV made the 2010 top ten sales list for the 360 in the US: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/32873/E...er_Platform.php

The best news though is that it curb stomped ME2.

Edit: Unfortunately there are no actual numbers, that would be interesting.

Certainly is interesting to see the relative rankings by platform.

I wouldn't have expected to see numbers though. That sort of data is worth bucks.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I loved mass effect 2, but i am ecstatic that new vegas outsold it. I really hope the success of the game has bolstered obsidian and given them more options for future projects.

edit: and more money for QA :sorcerer:

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I don't understand how New Vegas could have sold any copies, really. The PC doesn't have a voice!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I never really expected New Vegas to outsell Mass Effect 2 on Xbox360. That's certainly interesting, though there's no numbers in it. Are those hard data or estimates, though?

EDIT: Also Fable III sold a lot more than both, according to those data, despite being the lowest in Metacritic rankings.... interesting, though again, I'd want numbers.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

I loved mass effect 2, but i am ecstatic that new vegas outsold it. I really hope the success of the game has bolstered obsidian and given them more options for future projects.

edit: and more money for QA :shifty:

Incidentally, what would the profit share be between Obs and Beth?

Beth gets all the money and pays royalties to Obsidz?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Depends on the contract. I think for the most part the publisher takes all the money from sales but sometimes there are deals where the developer gets some cash if the game performs very well. But yeah, depends on the contract.

Either way, many sales is obviously a good thing for OEI.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Obsidian already got paid for making NV regardless of how well the game does. Then depending on performance, they'd get some kind of bonus share of the profits as well. It's usually much less than the publisher's share, but then the publisher took all the financial risk.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

but the success here is that obsidian has made a game which got good reviews AND sold very well, which should make it easier for them to get better contracts in the future

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I just started playing NV a couple weeks ago. I'm rarely home to play it on my PS3. I started a male character that's focus is 'thief' type gameplay with explosives. Notable Stats are: Perception, Intelligence, Agility, Luck

It's fun kiting enemies around into a room filled with mines. I'm trying not to use any sort of firearm/energy weapon. I don't have too many points in melee, but it's what I use to finish off weakened opponents. My character is also very diplomatic. For some reason, I always take the Lady Killer talent even though I mostly think it's useless.

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

For some reason, I always take the Lady Killer talent even though I mostly think it's useless.

ha, good thing they actually made Bloody Mess useful, no wasted perk slots for me now :lol:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Well, I like my last vid enough that I'll link it here too. Not my typical silly, but a concept interpretation of how Carla & Craig met & what came after. Which makes it a chr. backstory spoiler. Just sayin'. Game limited me a bit & wish I could have hand-placed a lot more Legion in one area but oh well. It made me sad while cobbling it together. :grin:

Still fiddling with the GECK too...I'm so picky about what mods/effects I want affecting my game, learning how to change things myself is the only way I get what I really want. lol. GECK and game videos ... been a great way to pass the winter, waiting for baseball. Thanks again Obs. :(

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I just started playing NV a couple weeks ago. I'm rarely home to play it on my PS3. I started a male character that's focus is 'thief' type gameplay with explosives. Notable Stats are: Perception, Intelligence, Agility, Luck

It's fun kiting enemies around into a room filled with mines. I'm trying not to use any sort of firearm/energy weapon. I don't have too many points in melee, but it's what I use to finish off weakened opponents. My character is also very diplomatic. For some reason, I always take the Lady Killer talent even though I mostly think it's useless.

To bad that perk didn't help you out in real life, maybe that issue you've had to deal with would of never happened.

There's a certain sick glee in playing as Legion in New Vegas. Unlike doing things vanilla you trail around slaughtering.. and I mean slaughtering... all and sundry. Rather than moving up in an escalating fashion against things like deathclaws. I just hit a Brotherhood position like the Saint of Killers, with blazing .45s. Paladins falling left and right with one shots, to the sound of

EDIT: Saint of Killers, for anyone too weakass to have read Preacher.

saint-of-killers_pictureboxart_160w.jpg

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.