FO: NV (General Discussion)

CoM_Solaufein

Apparently these trademarks were registered by Bethesda

Old World Blues

Lonesome Road

Honest Hearts (The Burned Man, New Canaan, etc)

Which means four DLC in total, which is roughly in line with what they did with Fallout 3.

EDIT: Source?

A post on neogaf

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php...55&page=232

Thats why "apparently"

Thanks.

Good, I'll get it when it's all available, and for a reasonable price.

26 quid is perfectly reasonable for (by my reckoning) 180 hours of gameplay.

I was talking about the DLC, I already finished the main game.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Dead Money was fantastic. The jumping bits are greatly exagerated, though jumping does suck in this engine. Its only a couple of roof jumps. I don't recall ANY required stealth section off hand. There is an achievement near the end of the game for use of stealth but it is not required.

What DID irritate me though is the neck collar/head 'sploding. It wasn't too bad early on, but the end section has a brutal bit where you have to enter large rooms and take out speakers in hard to see areas before your head goes pop.

Dead Money was fantastic. The jumping bits are greatly exagerated, though jumping does suck in this engine. Its only a couple of roof jumps. I don't recall ANY required stealth section off hand. There is an achievement near the end of the game for use of stealth but it is not required.

What DID irritate me though is the neck collar/head 'sploding. It wasn't too bad early on, but the end section has a brutal bit where you have to enter large rooms and take out speakers in hard to see areas before your head goes pop.

Thnaks for the clarifucation. Fellow posters are alwasy more useful as far as gameplay ino than most of the review sites.

The popping head bit doesn't seem a terribly enjoyable aspect of gameplay.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

So Zenimax filed some trademarks that are pretty obvs DLC names - Honest Hearts (the speculated New Canaan DLC), Lonesome Road and Old World Blues.

My prediction:

Honest Hearts =

New Canaan

Lonesome Road =

The Big Empty

Old World Blues =

The Divide

but the end section has a brutal bit where you have to enter large rooms and take out speakers in hard to see areas before your head goes pop.

See, I don't like that kind of gameplay. It may not be timed in the sense of having a big old countdown clock or something, but it's still timed, possibly making it feel like a somewhat random chance of success (at least your first time through it when you don't know what to do). Run around, oops, didn't make it, reload, run around, etc. Does it feel like that?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

but the end section has a brutal bit where you have to enter large rooms and take out speakers in hard to see areas before your head goes pop.

See, I don't like that kind of gameplay. It may not be timed in the sense of having a big old countdown clock or something, but it's still timed, possibly making it feel like a somewhat random chance of success (at least your first time through it when you don't know what to do). Run around, oops, didn't make it, reload, run around, etc. Does it feel like that?

It can. I personally thought the places where the speakers are are always pretty damn well indicated but....

I love section like this, though. From all the games I've ever played they are the most satisfing and downright fun to play through (Naturally only if they are good designed) Sadly, its a dead gerne with only a few games coming out in recent years. Wild Arms XF for a surprising example. Though thats also already 3 years old)

Edited by C2B

wow, it actually looks like a FPS

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

The visors are really silly though.

Agreed.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The visors are really bad, otherwise everything else has been available in bits and pieces for a while.

Talk about overrated. :o

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Not really. VSuites or whatever is called does the sprint/bullet time thing but its implementation leaves a lot to be desired compared to something that it's easily tweakable directly from a menu you can access pressing the ESC key. There's no mod out there that does something like Cyberware also (and the visors seem to be the worst part of that mod). We know virtually nothing about the rebalance module, but you can easily swap it for an other overhaul, if you don't like it, from the looks of it. Even if you only like a couple of elements, I see no reason to NOT install the core module. Dynamic crosshair and the grenade hotkey are not Halo, they simply make the interface less cumbersome.

Yeah, I felt like being argumentative and defending the mod, but I've seen a lot of unjustified sniping lately, mostly based on a video that was not really examined all that well.

EDIT: The first guy/gal that implies that I'm a member of the team/tester or a relative of a member of the team wins a cookie. GO NUTS!

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

It's not bad, it's just that I don't really go crazy over mod compilations. The cybernetics part looks kinda bad to me, not really interested in that, but I *am* interested in the dynamic crosshair, which I've been unable to fine elsewhere.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Probably because I'm a FPS moron, I can't really tell what's changed in terms of the actual shooting mechanics. You've got charging, visor visuals, grenade hotkeys and dynamic crosshair, but what else, does stats come into effect less now? In which case I'm not so interseted, but they certainly did a good job of making it look more like a slick FPS.

Probably because I'm a FPS moron, I can't really tell what's changed in terms of the actual shooting mechanics. You've got charging, visor visuals, grenade hotkeys and dynamic crosshair, but what else, does stats come into effect less now? In which case I'm not so interseted, but they certainly did a good job of making it look more like a slick FPS.

Nope. Honestly, there's very little info on the rebalance mod. FWE was highly configurable, and as for now, the only design change we know about (aside from more scarcity) of their rebalance module is that weapon damage is fixed and weapon skills has more of an effect on accuracy.

The visors are really silly though.

That was my first thought too, but really, if you're wearing some big heavy power helmet with visor, chances are you view is going to be at least a little restricted. But it's always hard to simulate that in a video game.

Not really my kind of mod at all, but imo from what I can tell (and from using one of the mods that one of the makers of this mod has done) I'd say that if it IS your kind of mod, the end result is going to be well done and polished....and supported. That last part is important.

Weapon dmg., dmg. multipliers, etc. in NV has been talked to death about, and there are conflicting ideas on that, but I have no idea what they're going to do with it in this mod.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Separate grenade button should've been in the game and in every shooter with grenades, I wound up not using grenades because I don't like to fumble with weapons in the middle of a fight.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan