Deus Ex 3

Pidesco

Amazon just e-mailed me that it's been delayed to December 31st. I'm sure that's just a delay to "we don't know when" so they tentatively stuck it at the end of the year.

Is this a bad sign?

We've known that it was delayed and has no new release date for a little while. There are so many things it can mean, that it's hard to say.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

good to know. My favorite concept of a "powerful" sword/melee weapon they could add in the game is one made of an incredibly heavy alloy that could only be wielded by a powered up man-machine.

its not so much how sharp it is, as it is being hit by something that weighs as much as a steel girder, but taking up the volume of a short 2x4. hawt.

of course, how would you carry it around? it would pull your pants down if you tied it to your belt.

So... Basically an Odachi or Bastard Sword? Or a Zanbato if you're really going for everything.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

good to know. My favorite concept of a "powerful" sword/melee weapon they could add in the game is one made of an incredibly heavy alloy that could only be wielded by a powered up man-machine.

its not so much how sharp it is, as it is being hit by something that weighs as much as a steel girder, but taking up the volume of a short 2x4. hawt.

of course, how would you carry it around? it would pull your pants down if you tied it to your belt.

So... Basically an Odachi or Bastard Sword? Or a Zanbato if you're really going for everything.

nononono

not like that.

Picture a sword, like a katana or whatever, but make it out of comicbookmetalfantasymaterial so that it weighs about 400 pounds. Now imagine a cyborg killing machine smacking someone with it. The thing wouldn't even have to be sharp.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Heh, that reminds me of the key to the Fortress of Solitude, which is kept under the front door welcome mat, is made of dwarf star material and thus only Superman can pick it up.

lol man i forgot about that, but yeah something along those lines is kinda what i'm talking about. I know i've seen that concept in some other media (maybe a book or an anime or something...), and still feel like its a pretty cool way of presenting a powerful melee weapon

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Hey, we all ready have a Bioware thread.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

wow, I can't tell if people are getting confused on purpose or not...

the concept is a melee weapon of REGULAR size, but is made from an incredibly dense material... ahh forget everyone just wants to post pictures of cheesy anime swords so whatever

as you were....

Although you do have to ask the question.. Adam Jensen doesn't get a choice on being augmented or not.. his boss decides to have it done to save his life.... But just what kind of boss then turns around and says "hey, since we're giving him cybernetic arms to save his life..let's like.. put big, retractable chisel blades in his arms! He can use them to open cans!"

Just what was the thought process there? :p

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The thought process was probably "we forgot his birthday, let's make it up." Seriously, who would complain about having portable weapons built into them? I wouldn't.

Isn't Jensen all emo over that ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

killchip in tha brain make him do what we waaaaaant

Isn't Jensen all emo over that ?

He's emo about how he can't feel anything. Waah, waah, I can't feel glass under my fingertips so they always break. But then he whips out his blade arms to do menial tasks like open packages of peanuts and he becomes happy.

Although you do have to ask the question.. Adam Jensen doesn't get a choice on being augmented or not.. his boss decides to have it done to save his life.... But just what kind of boss then turns around and says "hey, since we're giving him cybernetic arms to save his life..let's like.. put big, retractable chisel blades in his arms! He can use them to open cans!"

Just what was the thought process there? :shifty:

He's head of security that got his ass handed to him during an attack by heavily augmented soldiers carrying out orders from a shadow organization interested in stagnating augmentation research. he kinda needs built in weapons.

Just what was the thought process there? :shifty:

If you ever lose both your arms and have to have them replaced with prosthetics would you rather they come with or without retractable chisel blades? Pretty much everyone would want them, it just didn't occur to them until they saw that trailer. Serif is a great boss and a visionary who's always going the extra mile for his employees, have some respect will you.

Just what was the thought process there? :ermm:

If you ever lose both your arms and have to have them replaced with prosthetics would you rather they come with or without retractable chisel blades? Pretty much everyone would want them, it just didn't occur to them until they saw that trailer. Serif is a great boss and a visionary who's always going the extra mile for his employees, have some respect will you.

No no it's because the

attack was actually staged by Sarif, Jensen was an unexpected casualty and he saw it as the opportunity to create his own hitman.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Just what was the thought process there? :ermm:

No no it's because the

attack was actually staged by Sarif, Jensen was an unexpected casualty and he saw it as the opportunity to create his own hitman.

That's too obvious, more likely it was

Jensen who staged the attack so he could get free chisel arms out of Serif Industry's insurance policy before starting up his own ice sculpture business. But then he got amnesia during the attack and there will be a huge twist and moral dilemma late into the game where he's put in charge of investigating the attack and has to choose between being a good security officer or covering up his crime. And there will be a trial quest because those are really popular in modern RPGs now.

Edited by Serrano

Jensen who staged the attack so he could get free chisel arms out of Serif Industry's insurance policy before starting up his own ice sculpture business. But then he got amnesia during the attack and there will be a huge twist and moral dilemma late into the game where he's put in charge of investigating the attack and has to choose between being a good security officer or covering up his crime. And there will be a trial quest because those are really popular in modern RPGs now.

You sir, are a genius! but you need to fix one small loophole

his girlfriend has to be in on it, otherwise how can you explain her kidnapping. Maybe the whole ice sculpture thing was her idea

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

You sir, are a genius! but you need to fix one small loophole

his girlfriend has to be in on it, otherwise how can you explain her kidnapping. Maybe the whole ice sculpture thing was her idea

Well now you've just gone and ruined the sequel for everyone.

And that's the second reviewer I've seen mention that you earn more xp for knocking out rather then killing opponents...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."