Yahtzee reviews

Pidesco

We all know Yahtzee doesn't exactly have wonderful taste, he's just a bloke who likes some games and doesn't get others, like most of us.

Mainly I think he needs to be applauded for how he keeps this same schtick funny for so long.

I thnk Croshaw should be considered a humorist first and a reviewer second. Which isn't an insult at all. I think its cool how he's managed to make games a foundation of his humor. But his reviews are really of secondary importance to being funny.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Heavily biased but funny reviews. It's kind of sobering to see games from his perspective, specially when they are so highly acclaimed.

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I completed Blops earlier this evening and it's a frothing ocean of macho bull**** rage, but jesus, by the end you can't help but laugh at what an achievement it is, a glorious, historically raped, idiotic achievement.

I feel dirty yet I somehow thoroughly enjoyed the experience :lol:

Edited by WDeranged

I completed Blops earlier this evening and it's a frothing ocean of macho bull**** rage, but jesus, by the end you can't help but laugh at what an achievement it is, a glorious, historically raped, idiotic achievement.

I feel dirty yet I somehow thoroughly enjoyed the experience :wacko:

While I wouldn't use those specific words to describe it, that is exactly what I want from Call of Duty. After I go through some fantasy adventure or Fallout game and get my dialogue rpg fix I want to outright shoot people in an epic orgy of testosterone fueled violence.

I thnk Croshaw should be considered a humorist first and a reviewer second. Which isn't an insult at all. I think its cool how he's managed to make games a foundation of his humor. But his reviews are really of secondary importance to being funny.

So he's the Gene Shalit of game reviewers?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

lol. No, Croshaw is a lot funnier

ps. IS Gene Shalit still alive? You and I are probably the only ones old enough to remember him around here regardless.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

lol. No, Croshaw is a lot funnier

ps. IS Gene Shalit still alive? You and I are probably the only ones old enough to remember him around here regardless.

He retired November 11 this year from NBC, so he's still alive as far as I know.

I wasn't really talking about funny content per se, but that most of Shalit's reviews take a specific approach so that he can do his verbal gags.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

He retired November 11 this year from NBC, so he's still alive as far as I know.

Ah, ok. I haven't really watched network tv in about 20 years so I'm pretty out of touch.

I wasn't really talking about funny content per se, but that most of Shalit's reviews take a specific approach so that he can do his verbal gags.

Croshaws a bit more edgy than Shalit on his best (worst) day.

• 1 month later...
Dead rising 2 looks like fun, anyone played it ?

Several of my friends have bought the game and they all praise it quite highly - I think if you enjoy mindless violence against the undead and don't care much for story then it's the perfect game.

Fortune favors the bald.