What you did today

Pidesco

Just got back from a trip to DC/Virginia. That was a real eye-opener.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Trying to push through the evening, but for some reason I keep totally fading out and feeling fairly shattered. I foresee an earlyish night coming up...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Spent the day being mostly PO'd at a coworker. Started with him taking my baseball stress toy off my desk, then built on from there. Although I did have a funny moment where I was playing with a coworker's knife when he returned to his desk. Although that was more than compensated for by customer hilarity. One was someone essentially running a report collating data for 3 years worth of financial trades then wondering why the DB was chugging and another was a customer that let a bug fester for 6 months supplying corrupt data before reporting it.

Ahh, gotta love it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I drank tequila and danced to a Mexican version of 'achy breaky heart' at a fiesta at the hotel I'm staying at. Tomorrow could be a good day for zip-lining, providing I grow a pair.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Working on getting dates with a new aussie housemate. She's pretty personable and certainly is attractive.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

stayed at friend's place again last night after drinking with her in town

spent the day at the beach with her, and she wanted me to come out drinking with her again tonight, but that probably would've ended up with me staying a third night in a row with her

so instead i'm having a quiet night in at home with the gf ^_^

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

After the whole 'orc' incident my brain obviously thought I could use some cheering up. So i dreamed I was in a kind of action serial like 24. One of my friends turned out to be imperiled by getting stuck in some underwater tunnels in a storm. But then it emerged that in the fuuuutuuure that guerilla marketing had extended to infiltrating popular shows with human simulacra preprogrammed to ad lib lines reflecting well on the sponsor's products or services. The key problem that as unrealistic as they were, they were indistinguishable from normal actors. :grin:

Anyway, plenty of charging around there. Then woke too early and back to sleep. Dreamed I was in a futuristic retro Agatha Christie mystery. Knew it was a dream, so 'breakfasted' on excellent eggs benedict, fresh coffee, and toast with gentleman's relish on the sun terrace.

Woke to a grey morning, but in fine mood. Been working well since.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Anyway, can someone PM pics themselves of so I can immortalize their physique for the ages. I'm a poor art student without money for a model. :p

Oohh oohh, can I send a braggy picture of the girl I spent New year's Eve with??

P.S. No nudes.

What?! OK, nevermind then :grin:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Got dragged out to a birthday pub meal by some friends. Which was pleasantly entertaining.

Balanced out with me bringing up a topic about this company that runs classic steam engines with oriental express carriages. Set up to do the whole, 4 or 5 hour round trips with luxury 5 course meals, wine/champagne, serious service and most passengers dressing up in formal old style...

Which led to all of the couples deciding it would be a good idea to do that at some point in the near future. And which left me as the sole single person there not included because they tend to sell table seats and such in those groups of 2/4/6 rather then in singles..

Hanging out for the last few days of break. Back to Rutgers for my second semester of college on Monday. It's a lot more comforting leaving home this time than it was at the end of the summer, knowing what to expect and all. Decided to bring my 360 up this time, the amount of free time I have up there is absurd. Still playing Ultimate for the school, looking forward to practices starting up again.

Hanging out for the last few days of break. Back to Rutgers for my second semester of college on Monday. It's a lot more comforting leaving home this time than it was at the end of the summer, knowing what to expect and all. Decided to bring my 360 up this time, the amount of free time I have up there is absurd. Still playing Ultimate for the school, looking forward to practices starting up again.

I just found out that one of my cousins' is an instructor there. :lol:

This is my last semester at mercer, going to wait a bit before I submit my transfer application.

Edited by Syraxis

This is my last semester at mercer, going to wait a bit before I submit my transfer application.

:lol: well gang up on Krook why dontcha? Admittedly if this was 30 odd years ago My grandfather would be teaching there/running the environmental Science department.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

:lol: well gang up on Krook why dontcha? Admittedly if this was 30 odd years ago My grandfather would be teaching there/running the environmental Science department.

Tell him not to hurt me if I have him.

Had a really good day at work today (work in a psychiatry ward). After some rather rough times these last few weeks, today was finally a calm day with some good workmates. What's more is that there was a chick working there who got called in from another ward in the hospital (someone called in sick) and she was extremely charming and kinda hot. Was kinda shocked since I thought she was about the same age as me (I'm 27) but then she mentioned being close to 40 which completely surprised me.

But yeah, fun workdays can really rock. And good workmates is so damn important when working in a place like this (where there is so much tragedy involved).

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

:p well gang up on Krook why dontcha? Admittedly if this was 30 odd years ago My grandfather would be teaching there/running the environmental Science department.

Actually my sight is set on Montclair University. Though if I don't get accepted, Rutgers would be one of the other choices.

I think she teaches economics, not sure though.

Edited by Syraxis

Woke up to a grey sunday. Technically it's my birthday... although upon waking I found that no-one else had emptied the dishwasher so I had to do a bunch of general household chores before getting a cup of tea..

Think I'll try taking the lazy sunday approach and generally switch off the mind mayhaps..

:p well gang up on Krook why dontcha? Admittedly if this was 30 odd years ago My grandfather would be teaching there/running the environmental Science department.

Actually my sight is set on Montclair University. Though if I don't get accepted, Rutgers would be one of the other choices.

I think she teaches economics, not sure though.

I probably won't run into her then. Any reason you're picking Montclair over Rutgers? I've got a few friends at Montclair.

(edit: ooops posted movies stuff in wrong thread)....so....well today I goofed around a lot with the GECK, cooked/ate some stir fry, and, uh...well...that's about it.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Not sure if it's just the extreme monday effect or other matters, but I've just been in one hellaciously depressive mood today. Been trying to just suck it up and get on with things, but every little thing has just been a major effort. Keep trying to kick the mojo into action properly.

Not sure if it's just the extreme monday effect or other matters, but I've just been in one hellaciously depressive mood today. Been trying to just suck it up and get on with things, but every little thing has just been a major effort. Keep trying to kick the mojo into action properly.

I think you're being a bit hard on yourself mate. Sometimes being down is the best thing to do. No sense pretending everything's lala if it isn't. Just so long as you don't stay down. :(

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I probably won't run into her then. Any reason you're picking Montclair over Rutgers? I've got a few friends at Montclair.

When my older sister was touring different universities a few years ago, I tagged along on this one. I was impressed with what I saw, that and from what I hear the CompSci department is pretty great.

Other than those two, nothing in particular.

Edited by Syraxis