FO: NV (Spoilers)

I don't think I could play any other build than a long-range sniper.

ha, funny thing is it works exactly the same with any gun, sneak attacks with a 10mm are one-shot kills all the same, if you manage to target the head :lol: this is my main problem with New Vegas: no matter how agile or skilled you are with guns, you can "headshot" people with a revolver from great distances. seriously, I'm thinking of playing a melee character now

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

So how long before someone does a run through where they don't aim to finish the quests..but just kills the heads of each faction? :lol: Or will that automatically slide you into a "Yes Man" approach?

Although so far I've somehow managed to be Idolised by nearly every group.. Well, the Powder Gangers see me as a "Merciful Thug" and I think Ceasars Legion, The Strip, and The Followers of the Apocalypse merely "Like" me...

I think I'm going to have to make a decision soon on just who I'm supporting...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

There's a certain point of the main quest where you can't just support everyone. And even while the Caesar's Legion showed a good reputation with me, by doing certain things I locked myself out of talking with Ceasar (the first time he just warns you, the second time he orders all his Legionnaires to attack you).

That kind of makes me want to do the reverse pick pocket with a Frag Grenade on Ceasar at some point...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

That kind of makes me want to do the reverse pick pocket with a Frag Grenade on Ceasar at some point...

If you manage to sneak it in at the Fort in the first place... there is a safe method to kill Caesar though, as far as I know, though I don't know all the details (will likely do that in another playthrough).

*Hint hint* He has a brain tumor

What exactly is the penalty for using a weapon without meeting the STR requirement? Is it just more difficult to aim?

Sway.

EDIT: By the way, much complaining about the world building on the Bethesda boards. Apparently every location had something interest in Fallout 3 which is something I've never noticed in my playthroughs...

Those abandoned grocery stores and the subway system were something, eh? I honestly can't find it in myself to explore in Fallout 3. The best it gets is Gary.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

PLANTING! It's called PLANTING!

Erase that horrible term from mankind's collective memory for chrissakes!

RRRRRAAAAAGE

I actually never heard "reverse pickpocketing" before :shifty:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Pete Hines(?) used it in an E3 walkthrough for FO3 and it caught on.

Because, you know, smuggling stuff into someone's pocket was a brilliant new feature that was never before seen anywhere ever.

Edited by Oner

just that one thing tells a lot about him and his company

Walsingham said:

I wouldn't call this a 'feature'. it's only natural, that you can leave stuff in NPC's pockets if you have the ability to take it.

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

it's how "Caesar" is spelled in latin. 'cae' is pronounced 'ke'

as a matter of fact german "kaizer" originated from it (if I'm not mistaken, been a long time since I last touched books on latin). something similar to "king" meaning "horseman", all that jazz.

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

They're all pronounced right. The pronunciation just changed through history based on where it was spoken, since there were no native speakers of it. Medieaval time In English it's the biggest difference. Kai-sar is original, but See-zer is not wrong either, just like Tsay-sahr or Chay-sar, unless you're a Classical Latin purist.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

as a matter of fact german "kaizer" originated from it

As did Russian Tsar.

I wouldn't call this a 'feature'. it's only natural, that you can leave stuff in NPC's pockets if you have the ability to take it.

I can understand where you're coming from, but I don't think that this feature is very common in games where you can pickpocket/steal from people.

i thought it was a cool touch 10 years ago, that its still a talking point now is really strange

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

it's how "Caesar" is spelled in latin. 'cae' is pronounced 'ke'

as a matter of fact german "kaizer" originated from it (if I'm not mistaken, been a long time since I last touched books on latin). something similar to "king" meaning "horseman", all that jazz.

I was very happy when they first said Kaizar, but I also found it kinda silly that this knowledge would survive an apocalypse.

About King.. I've always had a love for etymology, but I've never been able to find out where the word King originally comes from - I know King came to english (originally Cyning) via the Danish and we got it from German 'K

Fortune favors the bald.

I was very happy when they first said Kaizar, but I also found it kinda silly that this knowledge would survive an apocalypse.

The information isn't that obscure. It's probably in every encyclopedia you can find in this country. And Caesar (in the game) was nothing if not a reader.

Edited by Tale