Fallout: Las Vegas Survivors' Journal

I didn't mean to talk my way to the ending, but since I had 8 int and 25 levels, I didn't know what to do with the points but put them in speach!

Sneak, Speach, Guns, Repair were all 90-100. Stopped putting points in Survival after 60, since I had more food than I knew what to do with and no reason to continue cooking.

Got a new game coming Tuesday, so giving this a break. In about a week it'll be time for either my James Bond knockoff or my 10 int SCIENCE ALL UP IN THIS DESERT pacifist.

Point of annoyance. Way end game spoiler so tagging it.

Both the NCR and House want you to destroy the Brotherhood of Steel. They deny the possibility of a diplomatic option. And since I'd made friends with them, I had to go with the No Gods or Masters route. So unless you're willing to destroy some good guys, you only have one ending path open.

I'm pretty sure it's a Wild Wasteland quest reward. You get it in Freeside somewhere.

Not a quest reward per se. I completed a quest, then talked to another guy who gave it to me. The guy only had tangential (and non-waypoint) connections to the quest, but liked my outcome. And you're right that it's WW.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

What's the point of having a high repair? Is crafting necessary?

I single-handedly took out the NCRCF but the NCR back at Primm didn't seem to care. Then again, they also didn't seem to care that a random stranger entered their tents and stole their armour.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I've gotten to the quest saturation point, and I blame the Communications Officer at Forlorn Hope.

I'm level 18 and I'm using the same service rifle I did when I was level 3.I gave Cass a 10 mm pistol and she went through the 500 bullets I'd given her in less than three hours.

I want to go to Ranger Station Bravo (the one in the far NW) and whomever positioned it should be slapped because I spent over an hour hugging the side of a mountain ridge trying to find a way to get to it while fighting swarms of giant, evil flies and Fiends, and Cook-Cook, and I never managed to fide a way to it.

I want to upgrade my weaponry as I'm starting to feel behind the curve, and many of the threats I'm facing have higher DT than my shotgun. Sadly, the only good guns I can find are Energy weapons and I've been sticking points into guns because those were all I could find previously.

The inventory list is now massive and I have to remember what's in my inventory, ED-E's, and Cass' now.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I really wish I could repair the protectron in Primm to be the sheriff, but my only chance is finding several Fission batteries & conductors (which are very heavy to carry around).

I also have the feeling that if I could succefully use Science on him, that he would lead me to a unique submachine gun.

I really wish I could repair the protectron in Primm to be the sheriff, but my only chance is finding several Fission batteries & conductors (which are very heavy to carry around).

I also have the feeling that if I could succefully use Science on him, that he would lead me to a unique submachine gun.

I just picked up Vance's 9mm SMG.

Fixing the gives you a 'note' about the robbers but doesn't tell you where they are. Later in a conversation with the two you can mention it, and then there's a Science 55 check to convince someone to give it to you. Or... you can just sneak behind them and pick the safe.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I single-handedly took out the NCRCF but the NCR back at Primm didn't seem to care.

hmmm, I had one ranger mention, that the place was wiped out... by NCR! :sorcerer: when it was me and Boone, ungrateful bastards.

I want to go to Ranger Station Bravo (the one in the far NW) and whomever positioned it should be slapped because I spent over an hour hugging the side of a mountain ridge trying to find a way to get to it while fighting swarms of giant, evil flies and Fiends, and Cook-Cook, and I never managed to fide a way to it.

it's impossible to get to other than following the road to Jacobstown and making a turn at a fork (it's visible on the map).

@Bos_hybrid haha, man, that's evil :yucky:

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I already saw a crapload of locks with average-to-hard difficulty. and also had to leave one trunk behind unopened (Vault 34, requires 100 lockpicking skill). same goes for computer terminals. most of them are at least average.

You think that's bad, then try this: I had to leave a locked gun case behind at a hidden place called "Sniper's Nest" (because it required 100 lockpick skill). Imagine how that felt!

I still wonder if I missed a key somewhere. At least I found a lot of .308 ammo lying around that place.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

oh, man, that *is* brutal... I bet there's an anti-materiel in that case... does it show up on the map as a location?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

*opens console, marks locked thing, types 'unlock'* Ta-daaa!! :sorcerer:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

oh, man, that *is* brutal... I bet there's an anti-materiel in that case... does it show up on the map as a location?

Yes.. I have vowed to myself that I will put all my 15 skill points I get per level on lockpick until I can open that damn case!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

*opens console, marks locked thing, types 'unlock'* Ta-daaa!! :yucky:

ok, thanks for ruining everything! :sorcerer: now just don't tell me how to open the console, and I'll be fine. I have no will, don't you know?

@mkreku I got it, it's a Gobi Scout Rifle. has a little less damage tjan a Sniper Rifle, but a lot more DPS (184 agains 169). but not that good overall, at least not worth the trouble

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

ok, found another buggy quest (maybe it;'s not the quest itself so much as the game's engine reacting to certain things or occurrences). the one with sgt. Contreras, the infamous NCR quartermaster. his string of quests is supposed to give you access to his "secret stash", well the game lets you finish it, yeah. but at some point it stopped feeding me updates, whenever I'd close a part of the quest, it would play me the soundeffect but wouldn't show any text or give any xp. so, when it was all over, I came back to Contreras for my reward and he acted like we first met, only there was still an option "So, where do I find Price, again?". no access to his special list, however... well, that was a complete waste of time.

also, I'm really disappointed by the Van Graffs' quest. I let them kill Cass hoping the game would give me a chance to avenge her. it's a real bummer there's no option to side with the Legion at the warehouse. what's more, you can't just come and kill them all, you'll lose Freeside fame if you do. and to top it off, everywhere I go I end up helping NCR, which is exactly opposite of my intentions.

now I'm trying to figure out if anyone else needs the Gun Runners' manufacturing plans.

Walsingham said:

I'm only level 8....lol. I spend far too much time experimenting w/monsters and also too many pack-rat trips. I figure I'll just be selling most of it later but I can't help picking it up. Only being able to carry 200 weight bites. I spent some time trying to dynamite the giant scorpions from the cliffs near the graveyard close to Goodie town but that didn't work out well.

I ended up using the NRC for the Sheriff of Primm. I did reload to try the other route (robot) and nothing seemed any different, but the robot marching around town muttering to itself was cute. Mr. Beagle is still grumpy either way, however. I've reached Nipton & almost time to move on. I don't have quest overload yet but I am starting to feel like rushing the main plot line a bit now. I want to get to Vegas.

What's the point of having a high repair? Is crafting necessary?

Crafting is helpful but I'm not really finding it to be truly necessary (non-Hardcore mode). So far the only thing I've really used it for is to make .357 shells since I'm now using a rifle w/that ammo. And some repair kits, but you don't need a very high repair level to make those. Beyond that Repair increases % results for self-repairing your gear and the usual dialogue/quest options.

I noticed the merchants do replenish/add to their inventory as you level up, or something. The guy in Goodietown suddenly had a lot of caps again (1200+ this time) as well, recently, after I'd taken them all away long ago. Fine by me. I'll take them all away from him again.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

this is a free-spoiler thread, remember? :p

so I'm gonna give you more food for thought: the Sunset Star caps. you redeem these at the Sarsaparilla plant. as soon as you enter, to the left is a robotic cowboy. if you feed him your star caps, he counts them. I had 50+, 50 seems to be the magic number, he then says you won the contest and gives you your prize: the legend of the sarsaparilla franchise... then the game tells you "quest failed" and immediately gives you another one.

I have two questions. 1. what do I do with all these sunset sarsaparilla deputy badges? 2. is there a way to actually complete the bottle cap quest? like, bring more (say, 100) caps to the robo?

Walsingham said:

I'm only level 8....lol. I spend far too much time experimenting w/monsters and also too many pack-rat trips. I figure I'll just be selling most of it later but I can't help picking it up. Only being able to carry 200 weight bites. I spent some time trying to dynamite the giant scorpions from the cliffs near the graveyard close to Goodie town but that didn't work out well.

If you manage to fix ED-E in Primm, you can use it as a mull. I'm not sure what the upper limit is for it holding stuff, but it seems to be over 200.

If you manage to fix ED-E in Primm, you can use it as a mull. I'm not sure what the upper limit is for it holding stuff, but it seems to be over 200.

Heh, I had to "sell out" to fix ED-E. I had just leveled and had to dump 15 of my 16 points into repair just to get within 20 of the requirement. A skill book and a feat that doubles the skill book finally got me to 65 Repair to fix ED-E. My ED-E has a carry load of 210 lbs which is exactly the same as me so maybe he just scales to match the player?

Tried to get ED-E to the (optional) quest of his to return him to some junkyard but its far away and it seems to take forever to travel by foot. Tried taking out the prison but walked into the admin building, which is infested with Power Gangers, and in a spastic fit tried to exit the building with one HP. This caused an auto save right outside the building and when everyone ran out after me, a loop of death, autoload, death, autoload... Had to go all the way back to a save in Primm. :p

I ditched Rex just for that reason, ED-E is a flying mule! it doesn't get stuck in terrain, that alone is a win over Rex. as for other chars, I accidentally pumped my fame with the Legion to Accepted. they opened their secret stash to me, but Boone went nuts over it. I explained that it's a tactical decision and took him back in, but now every few seconds he initiates a dialog. a pretty funny bug, but I can only take so much. we had to part ways for good. though I really liked his perk... gonna try Veronica or Lily now.

Tried to get ED-E to the (optional) quest of his to return him to some junkyard but its far away and it seems to take forever to travel by foot.

if you do get there, I'd like to know how it turned out, because for me the old lady Gibson bugged out and doesn't work anymore

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

Heh, I had to "sell out" to fix ED-E. I had just leveled and had to dump 15 of my 16 points into repair just to get within 20 of the requirement. A skill book and a feat that doubles the skill book finally got me to 65 Repair to fix ED-E. My ED-E has a carry load of 210 lbs which is exactly the same as me so maybe he just scales to match the player?

Another possibility is to collect 3 scrap metal, 1 scrap electronics & 2 sensor modules to fix it. I just need 2 sensor modules and I'm done.

Repair seems to be fairly useless to me, since I'm not interested in crafting and the weapon degrading isn't as fast as in FO3.

Another possibility is to collect 3 scrap metal, 1 scrap electronics & 2 sensor modules to fix it. I just need 2 sensor modules and I'm done.

I saw that option and found everything except one of the sensor modules. I checked every single vender I had opened up to that point and nobody had one for sale. While Im sure I saw another laying around somewhere I just didnt have the energy to go back through all the same ruins again to find it. I even tried to cheat and Google "FV:NV Sensor Module" and no walkthroughs came up. :p

Repair seems to be fairly useless to me, since I'm not interested in crafting and the weapon degrading isn't as fast as in FO3.

Quite a lot of quests use repair, and it also helps with bringing weapons to a good condition much faster and using less spare weapons/repair kits. It's not essential though, especially compared to Fallout 3.