Goodbye GOG.com

taviow

Ill probably buy it "just to have it", and see what all the hubbub was about from you guys.

What about, one of the best games ever?

Oh, thats definately the vibe I get from almost everyone. Its just that certain comments weigh more, like Gromnir calling it "navel gazing", which is the worst possible reading for me.

What's then the best possible reading for you? LOL Noobs in WoW chat? >_<:lol:

my copy from 10 years ago works just fine, but doesnt it have a disc check? i'd pay 10$ just to get rid of that so i dont have to lug discs around with my laptop if i wanted some torment or bg on the go

You need disc 2 for the disc check.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It's a novel on wheels.

Ug, thats what Im afraid of. Ill probably buy it "just to have it", and see what all the hubbub was about from you guys.

There are still people here who haven't played Torment? It's compulsory playing material, heathen!

Never got it to work properly on the (only) windows PC I've owned (from 2004 to 2007). Pretty sure tried it via bootcamp on the Macbook, but refused to boot on that, as well. So, no, I haven't played it either :ermm:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Oh, thats definately the vibe I get from almost everyone. Its just that certain comments weigh more, like Gromnir calling it "navel gazing", which is the worst possible reading for me.

It's the Final Fantasy 7 of the West.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Poor Borderlands. Since I bought it, it's always been pushed aside for another game, whether it be ME2, DA, AP or L4D2, and I was just thinking that with two days off from work, I should finally get back into it. Then I checked this thread. :ermm:

Now I just have to find the link for that widescreen fix.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Poor Borderlands. Since I bought it, it's always been pushed aside for another game, whether it be ME2, DA, AP or L4D2, and I was just thinking that with two days off from work, I should finally get back into it. Then I checked this thread. :ermm:

Now I just have to find the link for that widescreen fix.

This has some links: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008/05/29...ape-landscapes/

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

There are still people here who haven't played Torment? It's compulsory playing material, heathen!

I'm a heathen. :thumbsup:

I bought Torment long ago - not when it 1st was released but a bit later. Unfortunately it was right during the period where I was getting burnt out on that style/appearance of RPG so I didn't get far before I decided I didn't like it. Still have my discs around somewhere tho, since it's one I keep thinking I'll try again "someday." :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Bah, you people are a disgrace. All your opinions are retroactively disregarded :thumbsup:

Don't get stuck on the "best game ever" hype train, Torment is one extreme where the RPG genre could have gone, but for better or for worse it didn't. Whether you love it or hate it, it's something everyone should experience.

So, anyone bought it already?

Did they fix the issue with spells giving major graphical artifacts all over your screen, basically meaning you can never spellcast ever on a modern PC?

Because if so, it's a must buy for me...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I mean... this:

post-16159-1285734634_thumb.jpg

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

This is the link I had awhile back

For those who bought PST recently, here's an useful blog post.

I could never get the game to work properly, even following the instructions to the letter. This time however, so far so good. Should note, in case other run into the same problem, I had to re-extract and re-install the UI fix, the Unfinished Business and bugfix mods several times before they worked properly. Bit of a pain but worth it.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

I could never get the game to work properly, even following the instructions to the letter. This time however, so far so good. Should note, in case other run into the same problem, I had to re-extract and re-install the UI fix, the Unfinished Business and bugfix mods several times before they worked properly. Bit of a pain but worth it.

The game is a masterpiece without mods. It's eminently playable without them and it might be worth doing so your first playthrough.

The game is a masterpiece without mods. It's eminently playable without them and it might be worth doing so your first playthrough.

Well, it's been a few years, but this isn't my first playthrough, not by a long stretch. Torment is my favourite game. :)

The UI-fix is a must have. The other stuff is up to each player, of course.

Do they have any of Bethesda's old catalogue yet? I would love to replay Redguard and Battlespire. At work so I can't check it myself.

I could never get them to work on modern machines, especially not with Glide wrappers. I would love to play those games in their full splendour as I never had a computer strong enough for them back in the day.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Do they have any of Bethesda's old catalogue yet? I would love to replay Redguard and Battlespire. At work so I can't check it myself.

I could never get them to work on modern machines, especially not with Glide wrappers. I would love to play those games in their full splendour as I never had a computer strong enough for them back in the day.

The only hope for those games is that Bethesda releases them for free on their website, like with Arena & Daggerfall.

Redguard was awesome, the only Bethesda game with good melee combat.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Well in order to get it to work you emulate a crappy old computer on a DOSbox, If there was no computer back then capable of attaining a decent frame rate (quite possible) then it's not going to make a difference.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Well in order to get it to work you emulate a crappy old computer on a DOSbox, If there was no computer back then capable of attaining a decent frame rate (quite possible) then it's not going to make a difference.

The problem isn't to get it to run, the problem is to get it to run well. As well as a powerful computer equipped with the latest GPU from 3DFx would have done. I don't want software rendering, I want the full Glide wrapped package. I would pay more than $10 for that.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!