Goodbye GOG.com

taviow

Hoping that once all the D&D titles they have lined up are out, they'll stick them all in a weekend promo. Recent promos have been a bit underwhelming, particularly with the "50% off only if you buy *all* of the listed games" thing they've been doing.

Feel like playing modded Torment but my copy is a few hundred kilometres away. :shifty:

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition

While I would rather drink gasoline and piss on campfire than play NWN OC, Hordes of the Underdark is actually good enough the make me interested.

Its only good in comparison to the OC, otherwise its an average DnD adventure. Its also irritatingly overpowered with the usual epic level wankage.

I'll send you mine if you want, free of charge. Along with SoU and NWN.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

While I would rather drink gasoline and piss on campfire than play NWN OC, Hordes of the Underdark is actually good enough the make me interested.

Its only good in comparison to the OC, otherwise its an average DnD adventure. Its also irritatingly overpowered with the usual epic level wankage.

Heh, thanks for the offer, but I'm little worried that they are so full of concentrated hatred from you that they might suddenly go berserk and murder the neighborhood. I would have to send them to Vatican to be exorcised :shifty:

Heh, thanks for the offer, but I'm little worried that they are so full of concentrated hatred from you that they might suddenly go berserk and murder the neighborhood. I would have to send them to Vatican to be exorcised :p

No, really, take them off me :shifty:

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Play the Underdark section of BG2 and you've played 50% of HotU. Or maybe 75%, considering you can sleep with a drow if you're male and there's some romance drama as well.

:shifty: That's one way to describe it.

"Its only good in comparison to the OC, otherwise its an average DnD adventure. Its also irritatingly overpowered with the usual epic level wankage."

Hordes is basically just as good as BG2 - just shorter. So, I'm assuming, you are calling BG2 average. And, it's hard to take HOTU as overpwoered wankiness with the equipment you could get in BG2 even before TOB.

Not saying HOTU isn't overpowered cheese as it certainly is but no worse than any other CRPG.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

i think the GoG ratings make sense if you call

5 stars an A

4.5=B

4 = C

3.5 = D

anything 3 stars or below is not worth looking at

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a feeling I would love Baldur's Gate 2 if I could stand the combat. It's like a modern version of Pool of Radiance and I loved that.

I once made it out of that first dungeon and into some sort of.. town. That's it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I have a feeling I would love Baldur's Gate 2 if I could stand the combat. It's like a modern version of Pool of Radiance and I loved that.

I once made it out of that first dungeon and into some sort of.. town. That's it.

I really REALLY loved the BG(2) combat. It does call for concentration I really can muster up these days, but at least I have the fond memories. o:)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif