DA - Witch Hunt (SPOILERS)

TheHarlequin

"Side note, notice not one person has come to your defense refuting my opinion of you."

And, this proves what exactly?

"As usual you have selective reading and recollection of my posts to fit your needs. You always seem to recall my criticism of them but never any of the positive things I say. Either you have a very spotty memory or you are being the troll.

"

Pot. kettle. Black. In reverse. I criticze BIO quite a bit and yous eem to conviently forget. I criticzed NWN quite a bit and its my fave game. Go figure. But, hey, rating soemthing 75% = not criticizng it. LMAO

Still, none of this nonsense chanegs the fact you trolled me, successfully. But, that's easy to do since I have no problem dealing with silly trolls who repeat the same silly things.

You don't know the defintion of a fanboy appararantly. fanboys tend to think the object of the affection is eprfect and/or godlike. Considering the facts I find Sonic RPG trash (and never bothered with it), don't care about SS or MDK2, found KOTOR overrated, rated the NWN OC 75%, refered to ME2 as dumbed down, etc., etc.. doesn't sound like I believe they're anywhere enar perfect. HA.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I didn't 'troll' you (look up the definition) I spoke what I perceive as fact. Just because you don't agree does not mean it equates to such. Simply means you disagree with my assessment justified IMO by your irrational defense of bio most every time someone does criticize them.

Nothing further to add, as normal you need to be 'right' and get the last word in so go ahead, have fun with that.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

"I didn't 'troll' you (look up the definition) I spoke what I perceive as fact."

You brouight me up for absolutely no reason other to get a reaction fromm me. You got one so be happy and stop crying about your successful troll. At least man up about it.

"Nothing further to add, as normal you need to be 'right' and get the last word in so go ahead, have fun with that."

Pot. kettle. Black.

"Simply means you disagree with my assessment justified IMO by your irrational defense of bio most every time someone does criticize them."

So... I irrationlly defend BIo when a postyer called Volourn calls KOTOR overrated and Sonic RPG a crap game? Ooookkkkayyy then.

Stop being irrational.

Seems like i didn't miss much out this DLC. Thanks for the spoilers everyone! :aiee:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

To be honest, there isn't much to actually spoil because, well ... nothing is really revealed in the DLC. And at the risk of sounding like a broken record, that's what's so disappointing about it.

If you went into Witch Hunt expecting to have whatever questions you had at the end of Origins answered, with regards to Morrigan, the Dark Ritual, and the various whys behind her motivations, you'll finish Witch Hunt with those same questions, as well as a couple more to go along with it. IMO, a horrible way to finish off the final Origins DLC.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

To be honest, there isn't much to actually spoil because, well ... nothing is really revealed in the DLC. And at the risk of sounding like a broken record, that's what's so disappointing about it.

If you went into Witch Hunt expecting to have whatever questions you had at the end of Origins answered, with regards to Morrigan, the Dark Ritual, and the various whys behind her motivations, you'll finish Witch Hunt with those same questions, as well as a couple more to go along with it. IMO, a horrible way to finish off the final Origins DLC.

I wasn't sarcastic. I actually wished to thank the people who actually playing and spoiled it, since i did not think that it was worth a purchase. I pretty much expected all questions to be answered with more questions :aiee:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Side note, notice not one person has come to your defense refuting my opinion of you. You are a fanboy just accept it. Does not mean that is a bad thing. I freely admit im a obsidian fanboy. *shrugs* :lol:

Why would we? If anything, vol can take care of himself.

He has strange and somewhat confrontational opinions about things, but you OTOH can't seemingly write a post without taking a stab at somebody. :sorcerer:

More on topic, I haven't played this one (or golems) yet, but (apart from Leliana's DLC) the DAO PRC has been a colossal disappointment, especially in comparison to what they've done for mass effect 2. Well, I like Awakening, but find it to be somewhat lacking in technical execution.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Well you just have to wait for Kotor 3 to come out! Because it will be announced any day now!

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

It really seems, in bio tradition starting with the nwn1 OC, their goal/vision was bigger then their ability to execute. I can't imagine during the dev meeting when it came to this DLC they sat around the table and said along the lines of 'yes we'll make the last DLC about morg but it will just be a big tease, we won't really answer anything! (insert evil laugh here)'. I am sure they approached it with the best of intents but somewhere along the line it ended up far from what they prob initially had in vision for it.

World of Darkness News

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

but you OTOH can't seemingly write a post without taking a stab at somebody. :down:

I'm opinionated. *shrugs*

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente

Hey, nepenthe, you got trolled by harlequin too. Masterful troll, harlequin, masterful. I like the way you hooked him in with the 'nobody will step up to defend you, volourn'.. and, what happens? Someone comes by and defend me hence you getting exactly what you want. L0LZ

"It really seems, in bio tradition starting with the nwn1 OC, their goal/vision was bigger then their ability to execute."

Except they executed it just fine enough that NWN is their most successful game and was so until ME series, and DA took the mantle. BIO executes just fine as their success record is flat out evidence and the opinions of a peon poster (including mine own) are absolutely irrelevant.

The facts speak for themselves.

Heh, you know Witch Hunt failed utterly when even the big review sites (ie. the ones more likely to have "incentive" to give a good score) rip on it for pretty much the reasons those in this thread were disappointed with it.

What was BioWare thinking? I mean, did they honestly believe that what they came up with would be in the least bit satisfying?

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Heh, you know Witch Hunt failed utterly when even the big review sites (ie. the ones more likely to have "incentive" to give a good score) rip on it for pretty much the reasons those in this thread were disappointed with it.

What was BioWare thinking? I mean, did they honestly believe that what they came up with would be in the least bit satisfying?

In fairness to many of the larger sites the advertising group and review group are totally independent. There ARE reasons why they seem to cave in but not for what you imply. The reason some of the review ppl seem as if they cave in is 3 fold;

a. they are followers not a leader, if they see other sites give a awesome review they feel pressured to do the same if they liked the game or not. aka don't rock the boat syndrome

b. they fear if they give a poor review they will loose access to said dev/publisher in the future

c. many of these sites (not all) wouldn't know what journalism/how to review a product was if it slapped them upside the head. Simply chalk it up to amateurs doing a professionals job.

The impression that some of these sites are being wined and dined non-stop on the devs tab is just a urban legend, and laughable if you knew how strict most of these devs are with their cash flow.

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente

In fairness to many of the larger sites the advertising group and review group are totally independent. There ARE reasons why they seem to cave in but not for what you imply. The reason some of the review ppl seem as if they cave in is 3 fold;

a. they are followers not a leader, if they see other sites give a awesome review they feel pressured to do the same if they liked the game or not. aka don't rock the boat syndrome

b. they fear if they give a poor review they will loose access to said dev/publisher in the future

c. many of these sites (not all) wouldn't know what journalism/how to review a product was if it slapped them upside the head. Simply chalk it up to amateurs doing a professionals job.

The impression that some of these sites are being wined and dined non-stop on the devs tab is just a urban legend, and laughable if you knew how strict most of these devs are with their cash flow.

Fair enough, but that's kind of besides the point.

My point was the fact that even review sites that -- for whatever reasons each individual site has for doing so -- typically rate games from bigger name companies high despite whatever flaws it may have, actually are taking Witch Hunt to task, which just adds further evidence that Witch Hunt is so fundamentally flawed, in regards to what its advertising/marketing suggested it would be, not to mention the actual value of the content, that it simply cannot be ignored.

Except WH isn't a big release. It's a 2 hour mod for a game that's been out for months and no longer matters. The number of people who play WH is a miniscue % of those who played DA. I'd be surrpised if more than 20% of DA players will bother with like the 5th DFLC for the game. Only hardcore BIO/DA fanboys would buy it the moment it got released - ie. not me.

Only hardcore BIO/DA fanboys would buy it the moment it got released - ie. not me.

whoa, i'm afraid, the reality is going to split because of the time paradox Volo just caused :p

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Only hardcore BIO/DA fanboys would buy it the moment it got released - ie. not me.

whoa, i'm afraid, the reality is going to split because of the time paradox Volo just caused =]

LOL :p

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente

Fair enough, but that's kind of besides the point.

My point was the fact that even review sites that -- for whatever reasons each individual site has for doing so -- typically rate games from bigger name companies high despite whatever flaws it may have, actually are taking Witch Hunt to task, which just adds further evidence that Witch Hunt is so fundamentally flawed, in regards to what its advertising/marketing suggested it would be, not to mention the actual value of the content, that it simply cannot be ignored.

Generally I don't dispute that. But the reasons for that 98% of the time are attributed to the reasons I said above. That aside I agree it sounds as if bio totally missed the mark. A very poor ending to something that could have been a amazing end to DA1. I think as folks look back at this and bios total lack of execution and outright lies in its promotion of this most all will say 'could of, would of, should of' at the obvious missed opportunities this DLC had.

In think we are finally seeing the end result of bioware being a subsidiary of EA.. While bioware in the past blew chances story wise NWN1 OC for example I have to say if they were still independent what they would produce would have been much different with this DLC. Why you would want to go out on a whimper as this DLC does makes no sense unless the powers that be axed your budget, concept or/and time to do more. Or you were told what you wanted to do with it and what you were allowed to do were 2 very different things. If I was a betting man id say the suits in EA have their finger prints all over this.

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente

Pre-EA DLC from Bioware wasn't all that fantastic, either. Neverwinter Nights Premium modules. But I'm partially bitter that they put in all that effort to remake Witch's Wake pt. 1 and never bothered continuing to part 2. And Kingmaker made me want to kick a puppy.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

The NWN PM I played were pretty good for what theyw ere. Sveral hours of mod play. Kingmaker was alright, for example, but it's a little mod, what exactly did you expect? A BG2 like experience. Come on.