NSFW: The end of Mel Gibson's career (thank non-extant gods)

Humodour

Wow. She's fairly calm through it all. Poor girl.

Ladies and gentlemen, you are about to witness the end of Mel Gibson's career: The recording of Gibson telling his ex-girlfriend she resembles a "****ing pig in heat" and would be "raped by a pack of ****" has emerged online.

[Warning: The recording contains lots of profanity, so turn down your speakers or put your headphones on. Or don't listen.]

The conversation begins with Gibson ordering his girlfriend to "****ing get rid of" the "foreign bodies" in her breasts. Then he rambles about her wearing "tight pants so you can see your ****ing ****." He calls her a whore and tells her he doesn't love her. "Stay in the ****ing house," he yells. "But I don't want you anymore.

You can listen to the recording if you really want: http://gawker.com/5583622/mel-gibsons-horr...l-is-now-online

It seems he also physically abused her...

Edited by Krezack

I'd be pissed off too if my girlfriend's boobs turned out to be fake.

edit: seriously the t-version of boobs gets censored?

The censorship level on this forum is ridiculous. *shrug*

Girlfriend? I thought Mel Gibson was a married man with kids.

Wikipedia says:

"After nearly three years of separation, Robyn Gibson filed for divorce on April 13, 2009, citing irreconcilable differences. In a joint statement, the Gibsons declared, "Throughout our marriage and separation we have always strived to maintain the privacy and integrity of our family and will continue to do so."

Gibson's former girlfriend, Russian pianist Oksana Grigorieva, gave birth to their daughter Lucia on October 30, 2009. In April 2010, it was made public that they had split. In June 2010, she filed for a restraining order against him, claiming he had physically assaulted her. In July 2010, it was reported that Gibson had been recorded on voicemail making misogynistic and racist remarks, telling his ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva, "if you get raped by a pack of ****, it will be your fault". He was also recorded threatening to burn down Grigorieva's house and that Grigorieva would perform fellatio on Gibson. Gibson was barred from coming near Grigorieva or her daughter due to a domestic violence restraining order. In another alleged recorded conversation, Gibson acknowledged punching Grigorieva in the face, claiming she "deserved" it, and Gibson is also alleged to have told Grigorieva that "I will bury you in the rose garden." The Los Angeles County Sheriff

I never imagined there could be a Hollywooder nuttier than Tom Cruise.

Well, there is a long long tradition of Hollywood-types being a bit off-kilter. Eccentricities only get magnified when egos are fed as gluttonously as those of the big stars are.

And it's a matter of opinion whether Gibson's behavior qualifies as nuttier than believing that the negative energy in the world is the restless souls of a slaughtered alien race that was brought here 75 million years ago and destroyed with hydrogen bombs by Xenu, dictator of the Galactic Confederacy.

I remember being pretty sad when his marriage ended. He seems to be on a downward spiral that's for sure. He might also go to jail if they can prove he hit Oksana. Some mags say she claims he knocked two of her teeth out, but who on the outside can really say, yet. If he did, he deserves some time, imo.

However I also am bothered when someone feels it necessary to release such tapes to the public. Give them to the lawyers and the cops, yes, but public media newspapers? Such is life tho. In terms of Oksana sounding so calm on the tape...I'd guess it's partly because she knows she's taping him. Ppl can act a lot different when they know it's going to recorded, beforehand.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

And it's a matter of opinion whether Gibson's behavior qualifies as nuttier than believing that the negative energy in the world is the restless souls of a slaughtered alien race that was brought here 75 million years ago and destroyed with hydrogen bombs by Xenu, dictator of the Galactic Confederacy.

What do you mean nuttier?

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

What do you mean nuttier?

Err, more nutty? I was using virumor's terminology from the post I quoted.

Edited by Enoch

No one can beat Tom Cruise in the nut-factor department. Mel is just a slightly racist angry man that doesnt think before he rants.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

This might end his career as an actor (his agency dropped him) but his brand of ultra-catholic depictions of masculine suffering play well with the cheap seats. He did make the most profitable independent movie on record, remember. He'll be around for a bit longer.

He might not be crazier than Tom Cruise, but he is almost certainly a much worse person.

He might not be crazier than Tom Cruise, but he is almost certainly a much worse person.

Excellent point. Tom Cruise has some very bizarre opinions, but he seems like a generally well-intentioned guy. Mel Gibson seems to be an intolerant bigot.

Excellent point. Tom Cruise has some very bizarre opinions, but he seems like a generally well-intentioned guy. Mel Gibson seems to be an intolerant bigot.

But he made BraveHeart! :*

Despite everything the man can still make good movies and that's all that matters. At least until he really goes gun-ho, then we'll have the next big Hollywood tragedy and "True Hollywood story" special. Gah this country is sick :x

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

As a historian I have to regard this the same way a doctor would the untimely ending of a tapewrom.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

But he made BraveHeart! :*

Despite everything the man can still make good movies and that's all that matters. At least until he really goes gun-ho, then we'll have the next big Hollywood tragedy and "True Hollywood story" special. Gah this country is sick :x

He's a **** and a bastard. He doesn't deserve your respect or custom.

Im not so sure. Tricking thousands of people into joining an evil cult that brainwashes you into giving them all your money and cease contact with your friends and family, seems slightly worse than being an ill-tempered bigot.

although he is a great dancer...

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

So the debate is whether or not Tom Cruise or Mel Gibson is a better man? I thought the debate should be whether or not Tom Cruise and Mel Gibson should be dumped into the gulf to close the BP leak with.

Elegant solution to a deeply complex problem.