Fallout: New Vegas

Ethan from lost has been revealed as on of the voice actors

http://williammapother.blogspot.com/2010/0...-new-vegas.html

Well I guess fans might recognize him, but is he actually a good voice actor?

Maybe someone on the production team was convinced by or lost the "If you have a popular actor do voiceover for your game it will sell better" argument.

It's not Christmas anymore but I've fallen in love with these two songs:

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=HXjk3P5LjxY

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=NJJ18aB2Ggk

Realtime movement when not actively engaged in combat, that then shifts to TB movement when combat begins is a perfectly workable way to make tb combat doable on larger maps.

That's how it worked in FO:T.

I never had any problems with the size of the maps in tb mode. No fights were particularly tedious. Except when playing hardcore (ni in mission saves) and you had to complete them in one sitting. Because some of them were long.

I think Tactics was a pretty good game. Probably more so than most. Only the last few missions against the robots really felt draggy and tedious. Despite playing it through quite a few times, I never actually finished it because I always got a bit bored in the last few missions. I think once I actually made it about halfway through the last mission, but still never actually finished.

Many of the maps were too much like a maze for my liking: one way through and that was all, especially toward the end, but some of the maps were pretty open and fun, especially in the middle and early parts of the game.

Some of the map levels had much better design than anything in Fo2, for example.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

fobos?

that game is old news

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Oh, Fallout was always about violence. It's just a question of degrees, and it's also a question of doing it in a sensible way.

Everything appears ironic if you ignore those things, though.

Nice to see that the first priority of the original team was making violence funny! :shifty:

There is a subtle, but important difference between a joke that is funny and a joke where you need to explain the joke afterwards.

Sometimes the difference is in the delivery. Fallout 1 went for fast, furious and ridiculous over the top comic book deaths in places. I get the impression FO3 was about dragging it out and prolonging semi-realistic death animations? I could of course be wrong since I haven't played FO3 :o

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Why, Purkake, I thought you were morally against narrowminded one-sided views that ignore evidence to the contrary! :p

I never used groin shot, of course... Fore! will be another silly gag that gets entirely too much attention from the media.

How is the groin targeting *not* a tactical element though? Sure it's humorous I suppose (haha, groins) but it's not there for solely comedic value. I used it a lot on builds where I didn't tag a weapon skill, chances were still fairly high to get a knockdown and it wasn't as hard to hit as the eyes or head (I believe).

Just because it may have been a gag doesn't exclude it from being part of the gameplay. It's not like in Alpha Protocol where you can hit Darcy in the nads once and have a laugh about it.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Co-creating a character, with Chris Avellone, named Darth Nihilus for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II. The character has an action figure, has appeared in many Star Wars related media, fans dress up as the character, and it was featured on the Howard Stern radio show for many weeks. That character was my 15 minutes of fame.
Oh? What could they have talked about?

What is the best part about your job? The worst part?

Without being too sappy, I love working with a team. The best part of my job is being surrounded by talented people working together to make great things happen. I played a lot of team sports as a kid, and always liked that as an artist, I can still work in a group environment. The worst part is the lack of a face-to-face connection to fans, or people who play the games we make. Comic creators have conventions where they can meet the people, athletes have the roar of the crowd, film-makers can sit in an auditorium and hear people

What is the best part about your job? The worst part?

Without being too sappy, I love working with a team. The best part of my job is being surrounded by talented people working together to make great things happen. I played a lot of team sports as a kid, and always liked that as an artist, I can still work in a group environment. The worst part is the lack of a face-to-face connection to fans, or people who play the games we make. Comic creators have conventions where they can meet the people, athletes have the roar of the crowd, film-makers can sit in an auditorium and hear people