Fallout: New Vegas

CBS News preview

New Vegas will also contain challenges that the player can accomplish. "We also have a challenge system set up too in the game," Avellone said. "So not only will you get perks for various achievements and things you do in the game, you'll also have challenges like how many quests you complete, how many headshots you do, how many limbs shot, and it encourages you to try out weapons just for the fun of it."
Edited by funcroc

Challenges work well in Red Dead Redemption so I see no reason why it wouldn't work in Fallout: New Vegas.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

There's apparently a ****storm at the Bethesda's boards because in that preview it was revealed that the equivalent of bobbleheads in Fallout : New Vegas will be snowglobes. :ermm:

WHAT THE [censored]!!!!!!!!!??

Their snowglobes. Who the hell wants to collect them in real life, let alone in a post apocalyptic video game. :banghead:

Edit: Sorry for rage but omg is true :(

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

There's apparently a ****storm at the Bethesda's boards because in that preview it was revealed that the equivalent of bobbleheads in Fallout : New Vegas will be snowglobes. :ermm:

WHAT THE [censored]!!!!!!!!!??

Their snowglobes. Who the hell wants to collect them in real life, let alone in a post apocalyptic video game. :banghead:

Edit: Sorry for rage but omg is true :(

Fun to read, though.

Dolls changed to snowglobes WTF stupidass! :p

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

There's apparently a ****storm at the Bethesda's boards because in that preview it was revealed that the equivalent of bobbleheads in Fallout : New Vegas will be snowglobes. :banghead:

Whining about replacing one useless collectible trinket w/ another. :ermm: Glad F:NV forums are there.

There's apparently a ****storm at the Bethesda's boards because in that preview it was revealed that the equivalent of bobbleheads in Fallout : New Vegas will be snowglobes. :banghead:

Whining about replacing one useless collectible trinket w/ another. :ermm: Glad F:NV forums are there.

Just take into account that if Obsidian was as successful as it wanted to be we'd probably have posts like that here too.

*shudders*

What would they rather had? More bobbleheads? Bubblegum cards? Tragic the Garnering decks? Stuffed marsupials?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'm more concerned about Steamworks than what texture the collectibles in the game uses. I hope it does'nt weasel it's way into their other games.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I'm more concerned about Steamworks than what texture the collectibles in the game uses. I hope it does'nt weasel it's way into their other games.

If you mean Obsidian's game, it will depend on the publisher.

If you mean Bethesda's ones, then yeah, apparently now all their new games will use Steamworks.

Ethan from lost has been revealed as on of the voice actors

http://williammapother.blogspot.com/2010/0...-new-vegas.html

Well I guess fans might recognize him, but is he actually a good voice actor?

Well, he wasn't completely wooden in Lost and has at least some experience in vo's, so I'd guess it depends on the vo direction.

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

If you mean Obsidian's game, it will depend on the publisher.

If you mean Bethesda's ones, then yeah, apparently now all their new games will use Steamworks.

I could'nt care less about Bethesda, Obsidian is of greater importance to me. But what you said is good to hear atleast, I don't want to lose access to my favourite developers games.

Damn Naziworks!

There; Godwin's law fullfilled. :banghead:

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Snowglobes is kind of a strange choice though. Unless there is some conection between snowglobes and Las Vegas of which I am unaware. Maybe poker chips would have made more sense. Or even somethign a bit more umm ppop cultural like pez dispensers.

I'd rather see bobblehead type stuff bounced out of the game completely personally, so it doesn't bother me either way really.

Otoh, snowglobes vs bobbleheads seems a tad odd to get worked up about. Not that critical.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Snowglobes is kind of a strange choice though. Unless there is some conection between snowglobes and Las Vegas of which I am unaware. Maybe poker chips would have made more sense. Or even somethign a bit more umm ppop cultural like pez dispensers.

I'd rather see bobblehead type stuff bounced out of the game completely personally, so it doesn't bother me either way really.

Otoh, snowglobes vs bobbleheads seems a tad odd to get worked up about. Not that critical.

Well... snowglobes are the same sort of route 66 tourist tackle as bobbleheads are. They were also extremely popular in the 50's.

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes