It's hot

Walsingham

I arrived in Portugal at around 10pm today, and it was over 30

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

On the one hand, it makes me glad to see that I'm not the only one who doesn't like moderately high temps. On the other hand, I suspect that most of you would laugh when I think it gets a bit too chilly, since I live in the San Fran area.

...at least I'm as cold-wimpy as some around here. It has to be at least 55F/12C before I reach for even a light jacket. :lol: Although if I'm at the computer desk for long periods, my bare feet start to feel frozen a lot sooner.

And it's in the low 70's today, which is a nice relief from the mid-80's of the past several days.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I think it's more a question of building culture. As Meshugger said, all buildings here are built to retain maximum heat, so my apartment is really warm at the moment. (It's also uncharacteristically moist with the heat, mostly when it starts raining temperature tends to plummet immediately. Not so at the moment.) I have AC at work, and am used to even higher temperatures, so I'm quite happy. :ermm:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Overcast today. Quite a nice change of pace, although I'll be missing the sunshine by this evening.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It was strong winds, 6-7 degrees and a constant drizzle when riding home from a client yesterday night. I lament the fact that I don't have waterproof pants and never got around to buy some decent gloves. I'm probably never going to feel warm again :ermm:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Anything, anything more than 20 is inhuman, if it's not windy.

That said, right now it's raining all the time and my shoes retain water.

Anything, anything more than 20 is inhuman, if it's not windy.

130cats1tx3.jpg

It's like I'm surrounded by puss... cats. ;)

I am sweating like a pig at the moment, eventhough it is a mere 20 C now outside at 2 in the morning.

It's 28 here in my apartment, and it is going to stay that way for a long time, since all the buildings here are built stop any heat from escaping to the outside ;)

So, why dont you go ahead and crack a window?

I am sweating like a pig at the moment, eventhough it is a mere 20 C now outside at 2 in the morning.

It's 28 here in my apartment, and it is going to stay that way for a long time, since all the buildings here are built stop any heat from escaping to the outside :(

Because Finnish apartments have tiny windows, so the air intake is going to be minimal (I assume, I think my 'mano there is also my compatriot).

In my case complicated by the fact that I decided to save money by renting a ground floor apartment, so I now have to keep my home entertainment system concealed from the speed freaks that apparently live right outside my window. ;)

Its hot as balls here. It blows.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

It's 28 here in my apartment, and it is going to stay that way for a long time, since all the buildings here are built stop any heat from escaping to the outside ;)

Our bigger panorama windows are double-sided, and in some cases, even triple-sided, that are locked tight with 4 locks per side. You have to open each lock a with hexagonal turn-key, 4 per window, so by the time you have opened them, you are already sweating more than before. We do have 4 or 5 smaller windows that you can open without a lock, but they are so small that the cats barely fit through, so there's little to none air intake.

I just sit on the balcony instead during the day. Too bad though our balcony is facing the sunset, which is the worst time for us.

Did i mention that the sun goes up at 3:30 AM and goes down 11:50 PM around here?

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I am melting, 31 C now, and "coldest" temperature was 23 during the night.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

30C in Oulu as well. I just am not used to this kind of temperatures. It actually rained a while ago, and that didn't lower the temperature any. I don't know how that is even possible.

That's really rare in Finland, but not unheard of elsewhere.

I was also in Oulu for a gig on saturday, and it felt a lot cooler than central Helsinki. I'm currently spending my time either cooped up at my air conditioned office or on the sofa, playing Dragon Age :p

Hubby put a thermometer in his office yesterday, turned on on some pc's w/windows closed, went to work, and at end of day the high temp in there was 90F/32C. Outside, the weather had a high of 76F/24C. :)

He has a work related reason for checking temps out, btw...wasn't just random. heh

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

• 2 weeks later...