What you did today

Gorth

Slept on my experiences of yesterday and am feeling refreshed and positive. It may have been humiliating to fail so signally, but until I change in light of what I've learned it was always going to be on the cards.

Sunny day, bacon and eggs for breakfast.

Huzzah!

Yeah, you went to the pub and I got the splitting headache. No justice in this world.

Currently sitting at work, holding on to the table edge to not fall of my chair.

Do not think your noble sacrifice has gone unnoticed.

Just unrewarded.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Just got my roommate for college next year. He is Asian.

Yay diversity!

Who cares what he looks like. The question is will be bring home beer every once in a while or is he going to mooch yours?

Well.... thats what I'd be wondering anyway.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Yay diversity!

Who cares what he looks like. The question is will be bring home beer every once in a while or is he going to mooch yours?

Really? I figured the first thing that should be agreed on is what to hang on the door knob when one has company over. :lol:

Yay diversity!

Really? I figured the first thing that should be agreed on is what to hang on the door knob when one has company over. :nuke:

I'm guessing he won't mind if I walk in during one of his LAN parties so that's really a non-issue

it's been an interesting few weeks

i've been spending almost every day with this girl i met about a month ago. she was here on holiday, and now she's moved here for good. it started off as just a little fling, but it seems to be getting more and more serious

it's kinda cool. she's become quite good friends with an ex of mine, so half the time i'll finish work and go see the both of them at once and hang out for ages before we finally go home ;)

not everything is wonderful though. this time last year i was going to a funeral for a friend who had committed suicide. it was rather disturbing to be idly browsing through the local newspaper and turning the page to see a picture of her. it really brought everything back and reinforced just how much i miss her

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

it's been an interesting few weeks

i've been spending almost every day with this girl i met about a month ago. she was here on holiday, and now she's moved here for good. it started off as just a little fling, but it seems to be getting more and more serious

it's kinda cool. she's become quite good friends with an ex of mine, so half the time i'll finish work and go see the both of them at once and hang out for ages before we finally go home ;)

not everything is wonderful though. this time last year i was going to a funeral for a friend who had committed suicide. it was rather disturbing to be idly browsing through the local newspaper and turning the page to see a picture of her. it really brought everything back and reinforced just how much i miss her

I can only imagine what that's like, but I'm worried about my friend so much I sometimes think he will do the same. It must really be very sad indeed.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Figuring out all the little doo-dads in hubby's new van. There's a lot.

Watching baseball...or more specifically, watching my injured Red Sox team limp along the rest of the season. Sigh.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I now have a vehicle.

Congratulations... I think :thumbsup:

Reminds me it's about time to get my motorcycle scheduled for its second service (soon to pass 5000 km).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Cut how? Was it torn out in clumps by a trained albatross?

-Elwood Blues

Yay diversity!

Really? I figured the first thing that should be agreed on is what to hang on the door knob when one has company over. :o

I'm guessing he won't mind if I walk in during one of his LAN parties so that's really a non-issue

Eh, you think thats diversity... most of my floor is from China, my roomies being from Xuzou and Shanghai (the two of them that are chinese... got one guy from Iowa). Still gotta work the "important" things out but right before we left I learned that my school had flooded and is now under a general boil order (meaning that you need to boil any cooking water because the treatment plant is down).

Managed to make good time thus far. From sacramento stopped in Elko NV, Rock Springs WY, North Platte NB and am now in Omaha NB where we'll stay for a bit to pick me up a few things (white board, surge protector) before I drop the parent off at the airport and make my way to Des Moines to spend the night before moving in on weds.

.... There are a LOT of canadian trucks on the road right now (saw several from ontario). And one of the things you don't notice as much until you get out here is that in the midwest everyone drives american. Sure there are a few Japanese/Korean products but most of the vehicles out here are American built.

Still flippin out a little bit about basically leaving my entire life behind and starting this adventure. I'm worried about bills and residency and grades... it just makes my head spin. Plus there's the fact that I'm moving my stuff into a room, alone, that is 8 flights up that'll probably kill me pretty quick on weds so I'm trying to conserve myself.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Still flippin out a little bit about basically leaving my entire life behind and starting this adventure. I'm worried about bills and residency and grades... it just makes my head spin. Plus there's the fact that I'm moving my stuff into a room, alone, that is 8 flights up that'll probably kill me pretty quick on weds so I'm trying to conserve myself.

You sound like you overthink stuff a lot. :) Don't man, people in college are chill. :o

You sound like you overthink stuff a lot. :) Don't man, people in college are chill. :o

Most people in college are fresh out of high school and someone else is paying their way. Calax has been out in the world and lived a little already. It's a lot harder to chill once you've done that.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Most people in college are fresh out of high school and someone else is paying their way. Calax has been out in the world and lived a little already. It's a lot harder to chill once you've done that.

I have family paying the EXTREME basics. But I am going to be paying insurance, gas, meds, phone, etc. Plus I'm "jewing" the system by only taking one class so I have time to work (you take <6 credits while living in state for a year and you get resident status halving tuition). And while I do over think things it has a tendancy ot overall payoff in that I'm able to keep up mostly.

How is it that you are paying for the meds? I would think that would be a pretty extreme basic!

Does the school have a health plan you can join? They usually offer something for students at a very low price, at least my school did. Maybe it is only offered to full time students?

Still, I'm excited for you Calax, it sounds like a great time. Going away to college was huge for me, it really helps you discover yourself.

Speaking as a confirmed overthinker I agree that you need to relax a little bit. Make a list of those questions and knock them down one by one. When you've 'killed' everything on the list you will be majorly sorted.

-Elwood Blues

Went to a club and ended up coming home with a girl's number and a promise to call her sometime - not bad, not Shyrke-level for sure but not that bad. Oh, and she dances so that's a plus (and possibly why I got the number seeing as that's what we did for most of the night there).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Went to a club and ended up coming home with a girl's number and a promise to call her sometime - not bad, not Shyrke-level for sure but not that bad. Oh, and she dances so that's a plus (and possibly why I got the number seeing as that's what we did for most of the night there).

Yep, Shryke would have closed that deal. And he probably would have talked her and her roomate into a meange to boot. But not bad though.

Thomas Sowell

Speaking as a confirmed overthinker I agree that you need to relax a little bit. Make a list of those questions and knock them down one by one. When you've 'killed' everything on the list you will be majorly sorted.

Yeah, I'm working on that. Right now I've got most of my stuff settled in (I've got my computer up here at least) now I need to get my DL done, find a way onto school health care (it's like 8 bucks a semester but you still gotta do it) and find a place to send my scripts and a psychiatrist in the area to keep an eye on me.

Got my car set out but I have to park in the stadiums parking lot (for the football team) and figure out somewhere to put my car the day before games (probably visit my friends in desmoines)

Life is about to get a whole hell of a lot more busy for me. It's somewhat refreshing becuase I've been doing absolutely nothing except watching tv and working out but this is going to be relatively intense. 4 classes + 1 lab + 20 hr/wk internship + 6 workout sessions + misc/projects/hobbies. I've calculated that I'll be devoting roughly 8 hours a day 7 days a week for stuffs. I also plan on spending a fair amount of time at the library for school work and trying to put together some semblance of a social being so I can get laid. I'm so tired of chasing one girl around and having her lead me on and then break me down but with school I'll have fertile grounds and I'll have an income, new car, phone, clothes, etc so I don't think it should be much of a problem.

Today I got a ticket for having an "illegible" license plate, which in my opinion isn't even that bad. Had 0 record of anything, never been pulled over or given a citation/warning ever. This was the second time in my entire life that I have actually interacted with a police officer, the first time I was actually doing them a favor by writing a police report as a witness to a fight. Guy could have been fair and reasonable and given me a warning but nope, why actually do police work and investigate/stop violent felonies in the ghetto when you can troll innocent young white males.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

btw, schools internet? a terrible terrible thing... the amount of reloading and lag i have is nuts.

btw, schools internet? a terrible terrible thing... the amount of reloading and lag i have is nuts.

My friend over at Bentley (super rich school, so it's understandable that they have the luxuries) have a specific internet connection just for gaming. Xbox Live or PC or whatever, thought that was pretty cool.

Yeah, I'm at ISU, it's ok for gaming, (I can play WoW at least) but Ventrilo sucks. I think it was just a MASSIVE load of everyone in the dorm linking to the network at the same time