Patch Wishlist

The game that does have a stat is a waste of time and those people whose asked for it must be shot on the head ****ing ****.

Lol... all games these day have stats. From shooters, to RTS, to RPG. I think you will find gaming hard if you cannot ignore this feature that's just fluff anyway. But nice fluff.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I.. honestly doubt that Alpha Protocol requires that level of planning and commitment though.

Trying to stealth though some levels without being detected or even hitting anyone reminded me of the puzzle-ness of Commandos, the first one. Except that its harder in AP because you don't have a whole view of your environment.

There is plenty of irritating points (the whole cover system could be entirely removed and has no point and is only a source of glitches

I find the cover system really useful for a stealth character that uses a lot of pistols. With enough points in it, you can make critical hits from behind cover, which reduces your visibility.

I.. honestly doubt that Alpha Protocol requires that level of planning and commitment though.

Trying to stealth though some levels without being detected or even hitting anyone reminded me of the puzzle-ness of Commandos, the first one. Except that its harder in AP because you don't have a whole view of your environment.

He was talking about the character development I think.

Yup! :sorcerer:

Oh. Then we disagree : I like some planning, but minimal. Planning for feats and skills is good in my book, but I dislike planning for attributes. I like it critical at the character creation, nudging your character in a specific direction, but after that, no worries about making it evolve. That's why I like AP's system but is sometimes exasperated by Dragon Age's system. Although AP does have a similar problem with weapons statistics, number that evolves slowly and whose impact is hard to figure out.

Yeah, but I have seen people that ONLY invested in stealth and then complained about how hard the bosses and enemies are.

It does not need that that "Level" but it still needs a minute to think about it. (Certainly more than ME2 did)

"(All) More Beards/Hats/Glasses etc "

This is a patch, not free DLC.

besides the above mentioned point, the rest are all doable in a patch.

I hope the developers patch the console versions as well,

i remember the times this stuff came with patches. (battlefield anyone?)

it was like an excuse for the problems that a patch was even necessary, other companies did it just for the cudos of the fanbase (like CDPR) - its because of greedy companies (most of them by now) and people who are actually paying for stuff that was free once, this times had changed.

Anyway, back on topic:

please fix: (PC)

white line on bottom of screen when turning the camera around fast.

faster texture caching. (i know its a general unreal engine problem, but other companies solved it too, to some extend)

Game freezes after around 1h of playing, i have to alt+tab to desktop and back to continue playing. (unfreezes game)

Fix AI problems - lots of them

and most important (for me more worth then all the other fixes together)

give us modding tools - with this, people would be able to fix the game by them selfes and you could start your work on alpha protocol2, console bug fixes or just go on vacation..

"(All) More Beards/Hats/Glasses etc "

This is a patch, not free DLC.

besides the above mentioned point, the rest are all doable in a patch.

I hope the developers patch the console versions as well,

i remember the times this stuff came with patches. (battlefield anyone?)

it was like an excuse for the problems that a patch was even necessary, other companies did it just for the cudos of the fanbase (like CDPR) - its because of greedy companies (most of them by now) and people who are actually paying for stuff that was free once, this times had changed.

Anyway, back on topic:

please fix: (PC)

white line on bottom of screen when turning the camera around fast.

faster texture caching. (i know its a general unreal engine problem, but other companies solved it too, to some extend)

Game freezes after around 1h of playing, i have to alt+tab to desktop and back to continue playing. (unfreezes game)

Fix AI problems - lots of them

and most important (for me more worth then all the other fixes together)

give us modding tools - with this, people would be able to fix the game by them selfes and you could start your work on alpha protocol2, console bug fixes or just go on vacation..

I totally agree. Please Obsidian, contact with us and discuss this issue.

Edited by irakmata

Issues I'd like to see get resolved are:

*ClearingHouse glitches - Initial Load and load of other categories of merchandise.

* Mouse look stutter/glitch - or whatever is causing that as a result.

* 5.1 issue resolved. A UI in options to tell it what you have would work too.

* Loading bugs fixed. The ones that make enemies disappear. (FYI this is present in the 360 version also )

Other things I'd like to see but not as critical -

* More saves. Able to switch between multiple careers (Mikeys).

* Rethink, redo or re-explain the stats on weapons/mods. Example. Why on earth would anyone spend over 100k for a weapon that does +2 more damage?

Remove minigames. Seriously, minigames are the absolute worst thing to happen to the RPG genre since BIS was closed. There is absolutely no reason for them to be in the game other than to waste the player's time, and if I had a dollar for every time I had to reload after losing a minigame due to poor control issues I'd probably have enough money to pay for my copy of AP and about an hour of my life back from staring at loading screens. If you won't remove them, at least fix the terrible, terrible control of both the hacking and lockpicking minigames (the circuit one isn't bad, just tedious). I could probably go on about this for a few paragraphs, but my level of frustration is wearing down and I really need to finish the Taiwan hotel level.

Edited by Xor42

Remove minigames. Seriously, minigames are the absolute worst thing to happen to the RPG genre since BIS was closed. There is absolutely no reason for them to be in the game other than to waste the player's time, and if I had a dollar for every time I had to reload after losing a minigame due to poor control issues I'd probably have enough money to pay for my copy of AP and about an hour of my life back from staring at loading screens. If you won't remove them, at least fix the terrible, terrible control of both the hacking and lockpicking minigames (the circuit one isn't bad, just tedious). I could probably go on about this for a few paragraphs, but my level of frustration is wearing down and I really need to finish the Taiwan hotel level.

spy games need minigames...the only thing they need fix a lil is that the minigame get more easy if you have the correct mods or high sabotage skills, NOT ONLY WITH INTEL. Would be nice with alarm/doors minigames that have 10 numbers or more that some of them appear marked if you have a high sabotage skill.

Agreed. I am a very patient gamer, my favorite games are Vampire Bloodlines and the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, both released badly with bugs but friggin great games. I can suffer through some bugs for a gem of a game. That said, most of my friends expect a solid game, and will enjoy a mini game that is a challenge, but not one that is a challenge because the game controls and just crappy.

I would have suggested this game to all my friends if it wasn't for the mini games. As it stands, I've told them to rent it on a console or wait to see if they support the game with a patch. I'd would never suggest anyone pay 50 bucks for this game.

It is a shame, I consider this game up there with Vampire Bloodlines. If they'd released a solid game, I think it would have been good enough to carry a franchise for a few years. There is a desperate market for anything that isn't the fantasy genre.

I am measuring my view on Obsidian on how well they support this game. If they refuse to patch, I will likely be done with this company and pass on their Fallout 3 expansion. I have no time to keep researching games, just to find out if x or y company will do decent jobs or patch their releases. I kinda like to buy a game and sorta know it will work:)

I am measuring my view on Obsidian on how well they support this game. If they refuse to patch, I will likely be done with this company and pass on their Fallout 3 expansion. I have no time to keep researching games, just to find out if x or y company will do decent jobs or patch their releases. I kinda like to buy a game and sorta know it will work:)

You do realize that it's not just up to Obsidian. SEGA can easily forbid them from patching the game.

Hate the living, love the dead.

The minigames could've been made optional with a skillcheck of sorts, would've preferred that myself, they are'nt especially challenging in most cases - just tedious.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Yeah, delete them... god forbid if the game was actually hard on HARD. Seriously, was OE not paying attention at the "how silly easy your game is supposed to be" lectures.

For anyone having issues and threatning to stop over them... EMP GRENADES! Seriously.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Yeah, delete them... god forbid if the game was actually hard on HARD. Seriously, was OE not paying attention at the "how silly easy your game is supposed to be" lectures.

For anyone having issues and threatning to stop over them... EMP GRENADES! Seriously.

This.

I never said the game shouldn't be challenging. I'm saying that having to spend an hour messing with my mouse controls so I can pick a lock isn't fun and the game shouldn't force me to. I have no problem reloading because I was spotted or shot to death - I can live with my mistakes and enjoy a challenge, but when I am physically incapable of completing a minigame because of poor controls, that only frustrates me. A message like "you do not have enough lockpick skill to pick this lock" or "your lack of skill has jammed the lock" due to a static skill check would be better, and would also fit with the whole "RPG" thing. Minigames are terrible and I cannot stress enough how much I would like to see them disappear from modern games.

Physically unable? How so?

I don't disagree with the statement some are hard to control (they are, I agree with you). But taking it "It ruins the game, prevents me to progress, the game sucks, I am going to stop playing" is just taking it too far.

EMP Grenades are in there for a reason too, not just to decorate your inventory...

^

I never said the game shouldn't be challenging. I'm saying that having to spend an hour messing with my mouse controls so I can pick a lock isn't fun and the game shouldn't force me to.

My views on the mini-games :

--- lock-picking : straight-forward, simple to understand, really the easiest there is. Main problem here is lack of time : either you can pick it, or you can't.

--- hacking : it takes time to get used to the control, but in the end, except for the really hard ones, it's a matter of luck : sometimes I see the static bit of codes immediately, other times I don't.

- alarms : no problems with those in the first hub. The ones in the second hub (Taipei, after Moscow) are horrible :woot: I can't win even one of those, even with a good Sabotage score! There are so many of those things that I have trouble finding the path AND finding in which section the next slot is.

Physically unable? How so?

I don't disagree with the statement some are hard to control (they are, I agree with you). But taking it "It ruins the game, prevents me to progress, the game sucks, I am going to stop playing" is just taking it too far.

EMP Grenades are in there for a reason too, not just to decorate your inventory...

The pins in the lockpicking minigame were moving far too slowly. After messing with various settings like mouse sensitivity and DPI for a good hour and reading another thread, I discovered how to actually disable shadows (this is another bug they need to fix), which fixed some framerate issues and somehow made the pins move faster, and I was able to continue. The hacking minigame is inconsistant and far too jittery on a PC mouse and the keyboard controls go too slowly, as well, but I've gotten used to that somewhat and spy's luck went a long way toward helping. I've more or less solved my issues with minigames but I still feel strongly that they add nothing to the game and exist only as an annoyance.

A little tip/probably a bug:

There is occassionally a "bash" option. Use it! If you have spy luck, it triggers that instead of the alarm, yet the door is open.

Can save some time in a few cases :woot:.

^

well.. the MOST important things that MUST be changed in patch:

1) mouse acceleration fix (really, A LOT of people got to "brawl" with this..ehm..FUNCTION)

2) optimization or whatever it named.. i have pretty cool pc configuration, but i had to disable almost ALL lines in video options, because its lagging... so much.. you turn and it lags, you look around and it lags.. these textures that everytime loads again and causes stutterings (if i got this moment right), sometimes they're fatal for some situations in game

MANY people as far as i know just trashed the game, they just gave up on it and uninstalled it immediately, i know. but i didnt :)

because it has cool action-rpg system.. but again lets get back to lags and cons

i personally thinks that when Mike roll to side from the his hiding point he MUST not stand and run.. if he was DUCKing behind the hiding spot he must roll and move in DUCK position dammit.. i miss many awesome situations in missions when i could be totally uncatched.

furthermore of course i think we need some more customization. if we cant change face of the character ingame we always want to change SOMETHING, especially when it's RPG. then.. we need more haircuts(!), beards and anything else, we need the most customization of the character that we can get from you =) of course without absurd things

ALSO one important thing:

i think many peopled missed it. but we need a dialogue-speed option! or something like this.. i understand that you tried to do dialogues like real with real-timing, but there are many people that are not native speakers, BUT they are really want to play original game with original voices etc. and many of them just cant choose appropriate answer-behavior in-time, ruining their realtionships with characters in game, when they dont want it really..

thats it for now, i wasnt played enough to tell something else =) just two missions in saudi arabia now =)

PS: also the thing mentioned about lockpicking and slow pins. yep this is not fatal or really hard, but we need 'em faster =)

Making (for Mina at least, not sure if other chars have the same issue) the negative Handler Bonus II require less than -10, as the positive Handler Bonus II also only needs like 4 or so?

^