2010 FIFA World Cup

Guest The Architect

To beat this Spain, you really need to go full catenaccio... like how Inter Milan beat Barcelona in the Champions League. Germany had a few good counters, but

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Germany only had 2 shots against the goal in the entire match, go figure.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

To beat this Spain, you really need to go full catenaccio... like how Inter Milan beat Barcelona in the Champions League.
Hopefully we won't see that, because that sort of anti-football is way less entertaining to watch than a team that never stops being on the offensive.

I really expected Germany to win tonight. But they just haven't been the same team I've seen play the rest of the tournament. I guess Mueller's absence really hurt them.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Having a 100% counter attack oriented strategy is unfortunately a little too effective, it's pretty boring watching two of those of teams playing each other. It's depressing to watch Holland do it remembering the levels of enjoyable football they produced with the Creuff doctrine.

Spain deserved the win for persisting in their pressure.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Germany only had 2 shots against the goal in the entire match, go figure.

I cannot speak what I think of you online. Deutschland

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

As if anybody could possibly doubt the words of a psychic octopus :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Called it again.

The only thing I didn't predict was Ghana passing the group stage ahead of Serbia. I really didn't expect Serbia to lose against Australia, nor did I expect Ghana without Essien to get anywhere.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

The finnish commentator was awesome. At times, i forgot that Uruguay was even in the match, since the he was only talking about Holland playing against "the other team".

I'm such a huge Holland fan that I must have missed his biased commentary ;)

Hate the living, love the dead.

To beat this Spain, you really need to go full catenaccio... like how Inter Milan beat Barcelona in the Champions League.
Swiss defeated Spain in that way. I wonder it can be called catenaccio but too many teams tried to copy that defense tactics. Honestly, I'm bit surprised to see the final is between possession football teams.

The finnish commentator was awesome. At times, i forgot that Uruguay was even in the match, since the he was only talking about Holland playing against "the other team".

I'm such a huge Holland fan that I must have missed his biased commentary :shifty:

I was impressed by Uruguay's speed of play this World Cup. They definitely dominated the match until they were scored on. I enjoyed watching all their games, including the Suarez's red card goal keeping. Just hilarious that they ended up winning that game.

The third place game will be very enjoyable to watch.

Guest The Architect
I was impressed by Uruguay's speed of play this World Cup. They definitely dominated the match until they were scored on. I enjoyed watching all their games, including the Suarez's red card goal keeping. Just hilarious that they ended up winning that game.

The third place game will be very enjoyable to watch.

Yeah they sure were something.

I'll be going for Germaklose in the third place match though, hopefully he can equal or even beat Ronaldo's World Cup goal scoring record. It'd be ****in' funny if he doesn't play though, being how it's more or less an irrelevant match apart from ze' record, which surely ze' Germans are all too aware of, being the bunch of brainiacs they are.

I get the impression that Spain has been saving their cans of ass-kicking for this last match. Germany did good but they burned their cans of ass-kicking too fast and were left empty handed against Spain......I can see why they did it......England and Argentina were no joke but they were still left empty. The Netherlands used up their cans of ass-kicking to eliminate Brazil who always uses three cans of ass-kicking per match and they felt it badly against Uruguay where they were really close to being eliminated. But NOT Spain.....nooooo sir.....their cans of ass-kicking are still unopened and ready to use. I hope he Netherlands are ready to have the charred remains of their behinds handed to them on a silver plate.

I'm getting an anti-Holland impression from this thread. :) Netherlands so far are completely undefeated in this tournament, don't write us off so quickly.

Actually, I missed the match between Spain and Germany (graduation ceremony took place at the same time), can anyone give me a quick rundown?

I'm getting an anti-Holland impression from this thread. :) Netherlands so far are completely undefeated in this tournament, don't write us off so quickly.

Actually, I missed the match between Spain and Germany (graduation ceremony took place at the same time), can anyone give me a quick rundown?

Most of the game was dominated by Spain as Germany adopted a defense/counterattack strategy which ultimately didn't work as they only ended up having two shots on goal(that didn't materialize) and Spain beat them by 1-0

I don't really agree that Germany chose a wrong strategy. Most of the game the Spanish midfield simply kept the ball and refused to give it away. Not much you can do about that, other than bid your time and hope for counter attacks.

Anyway, ever reliable Paul has picked Germany for the bronze medal game and Spain for the final. Hopefully, if he is right about Saturday, Germans will forgive him.

He was a good player, but a monumental moron. My favorite of his quotes: "Italians can

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy