What you did today

Gorth

Did a math test, felt pretty good about it.

And now I get to work... on my birthday... god friggin dang it.

Happy Birthday, fellah. One year closer to freedom.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

so we finished our 48 hour film this weekend, and the screening was tonight

in our heat there were 10 different films shown, and we were up against some great competition

there were a couple that weren't very good sound quality-wise, but for the most part they were quite inventive and well done

i'm hoping we at least get through to the finals, but there were a couple of specific others that i thought were really well done and should definitely get through

crossing my fingers for our team :lol:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I dropped briefly by the forum to say hi and check out how everyone's doing. Well, I hope. :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I had the most terrifying nightmare last night. Dream was one of those lucid ones. Granted I was on a plane, but I was in business class, and looking forward to stuffing my face and chatting up someone. We took off, and I was on my first brandy, and just about to unbuckle my seatbelt, when I felt teh plane hit turbulence. We sank, rose, then slipped sideways into a literally sickening nose dive. I remember seeing the clouds outside at an angle I'd never seen before, and thinking 'these seatbelts are rubbish, I'm practically falling out'. Then I realised I was going to die, in a matter of minutes. No-one was really even screaming. Everyone was just too confused, looking at one another.

I woke up heart racing.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It's official. I'm getting booted from the Army! On the one hand I'm gutted because I really enjoyed it, and I had high hopes of deploying and doing a first rate job. On the other hand I'm pleased because it isn't easy, and it means my life gets a lot easier from here on in! (finger's crossed)

I was also immensely cheered by the praise I got from the officer concerned, who said that in his opinion it was a great shame as I would have done a good job, and showed 'excellent commitment'.

So on balance, I've decided to be pleased.

-Elwood Blues

So did you have a trick back going in or did the damage happen in boot camp? Also, I remember for a while there your ribs were splitting at the cartilage with alarming regularity, is this all interconnected?

Yeah. Strange story, what with the previously undisclosed broken nose from when I was a kid, but I have a bad back going a long way back. Possibly due to injury. Bloody weird. But it got set off in boot camp. The ribs splitting almost certainly came from irregularities with the back transmitting strain in weird ways.

I've been advised I could seek compensation, but I'd rather get kicked in the nuts than take money from the injury fund when it's needed for combat casualties.

-Elwood Blues

Didn't know you were in the Army, a lot of respect for those in the service. :sorcerer:

Today I went to class, did some shopping; decided to order a GTX 260 for some upcoming games (AP, Conviction and so on).

...decided to order a GTX 260 for some upcoming games (AP, Conviction and so on).

For the price the 5770 is a better deal (although the 260 isn't that bad, just make sure you get the Core 216 version and not the older one).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

...decided to order a GTX 260 for some upcoming games (AP, Conviction and so on).

For the price the 5770 is a better deal (although the 260 isn't that bad, just make sure you get the Core 216 version and not the older one).

I haven't order it yet but I'm comparing the two and reading some reviews/forum posts now. :sorcerer: ATI cards can't run PhysX anymore can they? But the price difference is tempting...

edit: Probably going w/ 5770.

Edited by Syraxis

ATI cards can't run PhysX anymore can they?

Not unless you use an older or modded PhysX driver, although at this point it seems that while software PhysX is gaining steam hardware-enabled PhysX is stagnating. Considering that it preforms as well, and sometimes better, than the GTX 260 while also running cooler, quieter, and drawing less power the lack of a possibly dying feature seems a moot point. Not that PhysX isn't impressive when used, but unless it becomes more mainstream I cannot see justifying buying a worse card for that one thing (I just bought a 5770 after going through the same process and will likely pick up a second one later this year).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Didn't know you were in the Army, a lot of respect for those in the service. :)

To be fair my military service consisted mainly of me getting badly injured during training and learning a lot about radios.

Today I managed to scare up a bunch of new work leads, and went on a massive cab ride which I negotiated as being cheaper and easier than travelling by public transport. In the course of which my cab driver confessed he was an amateur boxer and freemason, and he invited me to join the lodge as a respectable seeming chap. I declined, but we had a greatly animated discussion on the nature of small group psychology, secrets, oath-taking, and bowler hats.

-Elwood Blues

I've started my "cut" of sorts. Cleanest eating I've ever done in my entire life and I'm running tonight. I'm hoping to lean out significantly within 4 weeks (and tan), right in time for some good shirt taking off season. Last two dinners were pretty cheat but the last couple of days I've eaten nothing but lean high protein/low-no carb meals with veggies and fruit. I feel pretty awesome and have already seen some changes. Not sure how long I'll be able to keep it up becuase its honestly pretty hard when you can't drink your delicious snapples and eat junk food that is laying around.

There's about 2 more weeks of school but other than that life has been pretty crappy. Me and girl broke up almost a month ago, which is longer than we actually went out for and I talked to her for the first time since, last night on facebook. I'll probably end up deleting her becuase really if she wanted to be friends I imagine she would have at least texted me within a month's time span. Still pisses me off the way things went down but whatever I'll get over it within the next decade probably.

I also keep flip flopping between using my uni's psych services. I know I really need to but I'm afraid. Weakness is shameful.

I also got a haircut.

Good haircuts in life - 1/2 Bad haircuts in life - 9001

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

the last couple of days have been pretty damn ****

things at home have just been getting worse and worse, and the flat i was soon to be moving in to may not be available anymore.

i've been spending so much time lately with this girl and we'd gotten really close. everyone seemed to think it was rather inevitable that we'd end up together, then completely out of the blue the other day she tells my little sister (well, not really my sister, but may as well be) that she has a boyfriend. since then she hasn't spoken a word to me

work has been stressing me out too, and i've barely slept for about a week now

i was supposed to go out to a friend's flatwarming dinner thingy tonight, but i think i'll flag it and just go home and have some time to myself for once

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

At Slug: It's great to hear you've had some success with your workout routine and eating habits. Keep it up. Sorry to hear about the lady. And don't be ashamed about getting some counseling from your university! Sometimes it helps for someone to listen, and for you to hear from them what you already know is going on but maybe haven't looked at in every way.

At Shryke: Also sorry to hear about the lady. Maybe you can use the extra time to invest in something like what theslug is doing, as working out can give a boost of confidence when work and relationships are crappy.

As for me, I started playing NWN2 again after about a year of not touching it. It got me thinking. I like it, but I wish we had done more together as a forum community with the game. I remember Eldar/Cantousant offered to DM one a while back when he had an idea for a module. Anyone interested in getting something going? Or just an old-fashioned pen and paper correspondence on the forum? We haven't had one of those since Ender's days.

After Winter quarter I got an AA degree, which does nothing for me other than tell me I finished two years of college. I've been applying for universities. I'm planning on doing a pre-med undergrad, and I'll probably catch up on my missed Spring quarter by taking calculus or some other classes this Summer.

Getting counselling doesn't mean you're weak, it's means you're injured up top. NOT getting counselling because you're afraid of counselling is weakness.

-Elwood Blues

I can attest that counselling helps. I'd be pretty ****ed right now if I hadn't made the decision to see someone a few months ago.

Sure, it can be expensive to pay for it on your own, but the rewards far outweigh the cost, in my experience.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to be on campus tomorrow to finish a project so I decided I might as well stop by the place and make an appointment or just get my initial testing done since they allow walk ins. Hopefully all goes well, I'm just a little skeptical of their ability and talents as well as my potential (non)susceptibility but we shall see how it goes over the coming weeks.

I'm about to have a major cheat meal in like 10 minutes. You're allowed 4 a week but this one might count as two which puts me at the limit. :'(

I also think I have a surprise flat screen coming as well. So many goodies.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Getting counselling doesn't mean you're weak, it's means you're injured up top. NOT getting counselling because you're afraid of counselling is weakness.

I R poster boy for counceling.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Went with Deadly_Nightshade's suggestion and ordered the Radeon 5770 last night. Since Newegg has a warehouse here in Edison, NJ it should be here tomorrow or Monday.

Today's happenings: Took final french test. Got home, getting ready to go to work when my phone rings; boss called and asked me if I wanted the night off as he accidentally scheduled too many people for tonight, accepted that offer in a heart-beat (it's a perfect day out [i.e. clear blue sky, warm weather w/ 26% humidity, wind at 15 MPH with resulted in a nice feeling breeze] and I didn't feel like going).

Did some much needed yard work after that blessing of a phone call. Came inside and saw on steam the -33% LFD2 sale; which I'm downloading now. Since I'm on a DSL connection that will finish later in the evening. Will do some homework after dinner.

Surprisingly good day, which is rare for me anyway. That's not to say that every waking moment is unpleasant, rather it's mostly the same routine day in/out. As some would say:

Same ****, different day.

Edited by Syraxis

Went with Deadly_Nightshade's suggestion and ordered the Radeon 5770 last night. Since Newegg has a warehouse here in Edison, NJ it should be here tomorrow or Monday.

Today's happenings: Took final french test. Got home, getting ready to go to work when my phone rings; boss called and asked me if I wanted the night off as he accidentally scheduled too many people for tonight, accepted that offer in a heart-beat (it's a perfect day out [i.e. clear blue sky, warm weather w/ 26% humidity, wind at 15 MPH with resulted in a nice feeling breeze] and I didn't feel like going).

Did some much needed yard work after that blessing of a phone call. Came inside and saw on steam the -33% LFD2 sale; which I'm downloading now. Since I'm on a DSL connection that will finish later in the evening. Will do some homework after dinner.

Surprisingly good day, which is rare for me anyway. That's not to say that every waking moment is unpleasant, rather it's mostly the same routine day in/out. As some would say:

Same ****, different day.

probably a LOT later this evening... given that you also have to dl the new DLC and updates.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

[snip]

****, that does suck. I hope things get better for you. >_<

Anyone interested in getting something going? Or just an old-fashioned pen and paper correspondence on the forum?

I'd be up for either one of those options. :ermm:

It's a good card, congrats. :thumbsup:

-Hurlshot