What you did today

Gorth

[snip]

****, that does suck. I hope things get better for you. :p

heh well incidentally i did end up going to the flatwarming thingy, and met my friend's incredibly hot new flatmate

definitely some chemistry there, despite me being in a very odd mood all day and being very jumpy and confused

i didn't pursue anything with her, and i don't really plan to in future, but it's nice to know that it's there

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

argh just got a txt asking if i could come and model for an alternative fashion show thingy tonight

normally i wouldn't mind, but if i'd said yes i would've had to meet them for rehearsals in like half an hour, and i'm still at work :p

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

As for me, I started playing NWN2 again after about a year of not touching it. It got me thinking. I like it, but I wish we had done more together as a forum community with the game. I remember Eldar/Cantousant offered to DM one a while back when he had an idea for a module. Anyone interested in getting something going? Or just an old-fashioned pen and paper correspondence on the forum?

I'd be up for either one of those options. :p

Sweet. Well that's 2 of us. Supposedly there are 21,557. Minus 21,540 to account for Hades' alt's, that should amount to 16 other possible forumites from whom we can recruit. Any other takers?

Met an old friend who went to the same school as I did. Hadn't met or talked to her for 5 years or so and was pretty nervous that it'd end up being one of those awkward "soo.... what do you do nowadays?" conversations.

But thankfully enough, it felt like we'd stayed in touch all this time. It just picked up right where it left off and we had a blast. Great feeling to re-gain a friend like that.

Was a beautiful day as well and went to a local fair. Bought some comfy slippers and some really yummy honey.

Great day.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Hubby's multiple monitors. I know this is common nowadays but I still find it amusing. They're all older ones that he got for cheap. A 5th one on the shelf (not turned on) he took apart/repaired the power supply.

He joked that he just needs 8 more, placed in 2 more rows above, "like in the movies."

1z5qcqp.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hubby's multiple monitors. I know this is common nowadays but I still find it amusing. They're all older ones that he got for cheap. A 5th one on the shelf (not turned on) he took apart/repaired the power supply.

He joked that he just needs 8 more, placed in 2 more rows above, "like in the movies."

1z5qcqp.jpg

Honestly, it'd probably be hell for me to find a way to use that many moniters.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Doesn't that knacker the graphics card?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The attached pretty much describes my day.

I assume that should read 'tv tropes'?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Doesn't that knacker the graphics card?

Depends what you do with the PC. A heavy duty graphic program (game) using all screens might without some powerful cards etc. but most other things run fine. You use 2 cards (not SLI'd) so they share the load somewhat I guess. Hubby just bought 2 cheap $40 nvivia 8000-something series I think.

The 5th one on the shelf stands alone & is hooked up to all his networked PC's so he can use it w/any of them via switchbox.

As to use...he likes to have lots of windows open/working full-screen. Remote desktops of clients when working, browser in another, pdf file/email in another, and so on. He uses the dual view(?) setting so it's sorta one big 5000+x1000+ desktop but yet also each-independent. It's confusing. :rolleyes:

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The newest versions of all ATI video cards come with a function called Eyefinity. You spend slightly more on your video card and it comes with support for up to 6 screens simultaneously. It's pretty neat, actually, since Eyefinity scales most games seamlessly over those 6 monitors, making it possible to game with extreme resolutions and fields of view.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The newest versions of all ATI video cards come with a function called Eyefinity. You spend slightly more on your video card and it comes with support for up to 6 screens simultaneously. It's pretty neat, actually, since Eyefinity scales most games seamlessly over those 6 monitors, making it possible to game with extreme resolutions and fields of view.

Doesn't the frame of the monitors visually distract, tho? I've seen videos of gaming on multiple monitors. Neat in concept but not sure I'd like that broken up look. I'd rather have one really really really wide monitor but they don't make those yet. :rolleyes:

That sounds cool, until you stop and think about how good most games are. Unless I'm just being uncharacteristically depressive.

-Elwood Blues

Doesn't the frame of the monitors visually distract, tho? I've seen videos of gaming on multiple monitors. Neat in concept but not sure I'd like that broken up look. I'd rather have one really really really wide monitor but they don't make those yet. =]

Its one of those things that you look at and think it would ruin the whole experience, but after you start playing, you completely forget about. :rolleyes:

Its one of those things that you look at and think it would ruin the whole experience, but after you start playing, you completely forget about. :rolleyes:

Maybe...I think my silly eyes would never get used to it tho. Unless you had monitors with no frame borders or at least very thin, clearish ones. Seems like I saw one like that once, somewhere.

I was about to say that I thought men coped fine with an internal representation of the environment. Then I wondered if female gamers might ebnefit more, since they're supposed to have more issues. But then I can't recall where either notion came from.

-Elwood Blues

Unless I'm just being uncharacteristically depressive.

Depressive, yes. Uncharacteristic, no. :p

Sweet gibbering Jesus, if _I'M_ normally depressed then what the hell does cheerful look like?

-Elwood Blues

Unless I'm just being uncharacteristically depressive.

Depressive, yes. Uncharacteristic, no. :shrugz:

Sweet gibbering Jesus, if _I'M_ normally depressed then what the hell does cheerful look like?

The day you quit killing puppies for entertainment value.

BTW, anybody want to be in the correspondence DnD game I'm trying to start on the forum here? If we can't get a DM I volunteer myself, though I'm a complete novice and wouldn't know where to start. Ideas for settings, game type?

Edited by Blank

BTW, anybody want to be in the correspondence DnD game I'm trying to start on the forum here?

I'd be interested. :shrugz:

Ideas for settings, game type?

A game set on the Sword Coast might be good since that's a fairly well known setting. :ermm:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot