Infinity Ward founders canned by Activision

eh, its really more of a civil claim than a criminal one from what i remember, im sure california has some misdemeanor charge in the penal code to go along with it, but classic "false imprisonment" is a tort action (at least on the bar exam... irl i dont practice that kind of law so im far from expert on it)

i really only know about employment law, estate planning, and business formation... most other areas its just what i remember from school

Brush up on criminal law, I'm going to need a lawyer after I storm Bioware HQ and kill the archdemons (Greg and Ray) after they release the next save the world game.

Innocent for reason of insanity.

Word.

eat a whole BOATLOAD of twinkies before your rampage

it's worked before!

EDIT: Not real legal advice.

Twinkie Frenzied Berserker!

Are you sure you want to do that? I mean, you are going to have to grind your way through endless massess of bio fans for hours and hours before you get to archstorydemons?

If you still want to pull it off, remember to kill any assassins they send after you.

I'm not going in there without Cleave.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

And just before you face the main boss there will be Volourn.

ENCHANTMENT!

And the quest fails... The troll regenerates and I haven't brought fire and acid.

:down:

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

what came first?

the troll or the trollegg?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Only trolls here are the ones who attack others over stuff that has nothing to do with the topic. So... why did you troll?

Because it was hilarious, probably. I mean, super nerdy, but still quite funny by both Killian and Boo.

"Because it was hilarious, probably. I mean, super nerdy, but still quite funny by both Killian and Boo."

All trolls do it for the LOLZ. That ain't a special excuse. Trolling is trolling no matter the reason.

P.S. Killian's was funny; BOO's was just plain stupid. But, hey, the fellow belives a rodent is the best npc in a CRPG ever so to each their own. *shrug*

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Besides, Volourn is the only dwarf lovin' poster I know on these forums. It would make less sense and less funny if I picked Gorth or Walsh.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

And the quest fails... The troll regenerates and I haven't brought fire and acid.

:down:

Volourn's a dwarf. This has been established.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

I think this is a well written complaint (the last thing a judge wants is a 50 page complaint, this is nice and short) its maybe a tad overzealous in the beginning (save it for closing argument guys.... lol like this would ever actually go all the way through trial...)

I was just musing about the differences between U.S. and local legal cultures at this point. Glad to see I was wrong. :lol:

Looks like a pretty strong case to me, depends of course on the contract+memorandum and their contents...

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I think this is a well written complaint (the last thing a judge wants is a 50 page complaint, this is nice and short) its maybe a tad overzealous in the beginning (save it for closing argument guys.... lol like this would ever actually go all the way through trial...)

I was just musing about the differences between U.S. and local legal cultures at this point. Glad to see I was wrong. >_<

Looks like a pretty strong case to me, depends of course on the contract+memorandum and their contents...

The only problem that I foresee is how much damage will IW sustain during the time of the trials. For a big company it is easy to sustain themselves during the proceedings, but I wonder how will a small studio like IW will hold out. What's worse is that they could be blacklisted among publishers for this, they come with the baggage of a trial. Although if they do win they could go independent. Let's hope the hiatus doesn't break their momentum.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I was just musing about the differences between U.S. and local legal cultures at this point. Glad to see I was wrong. >_<

The only problem that I foresee is how much damage will IW sustain during the time of the trials. For a big company it is easy to sustain themselves during the proceedings, but I wonder how will a small studio like IW will hold out. What's worse is that they could be blacklisted among publishers for this, they come with the baggage of a trial. Although if they do win they could go independent. Let's hope the hiatus doesn't break their momentum.

IW isn't involved in this.

"What's worse is that they could be blacklisted among publishers for this, they come with the baggage of a trial."

Didn't hurt BIO. Publishers don't care about this stuff as long as you can make them money. Besides, like anyone, they probably think, this would never happen to them. The two guys here are known for being largely responsible for a game that made a billion +. They will have no problem finding a job after this is all over even if they lose the lawsuit(s).

They are IW.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

They are IW.

No longer. :p

Well it looks like one of the reasons they were booted was because they were in talks with EA to publish another game.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Well it looks like one of the reasons they were booted was because they were in talks with EA to publish another game.

Any confirmation on this?

@Nepenthe: Your'e mean! >_<

village_idiot.gif

http://kotaku.com/5486210/rumor-infinity-w...ther-publishers

Honestly if this proves to be true, I'd be siding with Acti. I mean IW does get a measure of freedom because they make DAMN good games, but they don't get total freedom to do what they want. They were in an exclusive deal with Acti, that means that they don't go shopping around to another publisher because they don't want to follow orders. As much as you may hate on Acti for trying to impliment some creative control, they do have that right to earn money, this is still a business.

How is that even possible? Isn't IW a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision?

If it is, I'm even more on the side of Acti. IW's leads are starting to sound more stuck up than the Team Ninja guy.

I was just musing about the differences between U.S. and local legal cultures at this point. Glad to see I was wrong. :p

just out of curiosity, what were your musings?

I like talking law stuff with people who arent too crazy (gromnir... :lol: lol)

also: off topic = I just bought a house today! me = homeowner = even more debt!!!!

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

As usual, there are really no good guys in this.

Kotick is always worse though.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

"Honestly if this proves to be true, I'd be siding with Acti. I mean IW does get a measure of freedom because they make DAMN good games, but they don't get total freedom to do what they want. They were in an exclusive deal with Acti, that means that they don't go shopping around to another publisher because they don't want to follow orders. As much as you may hate on Acti for trying to impliment some creative control, they do have that right to earn money, this is still a business."

meh. Seems like Activision weren't honouring their contract anyways. Both sides no doubt have screwed up, and in the end, likely nobody will win everything they want.