Infinity Ward founders canned by Activision

Clax, btw, has also gone with ACT's accusation that the two IW guys were basically stealing monies intended for otyher IW employees. If that were true, why are other IW employees quitting? Another two quit today (or yesterday?).. Seems to me ACT must be doing something wrong if the people that they claim wer ebeings tolen from are dropping them like a bad habit. LMAO

Volo, I pointed that out because one of activisions reasons for not paying was specifically because West and Zamp were doing their level best to cultivate a work crew that'd be easy to poach from one company to the other.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

ACTI should have been doing their level best to keep their best employees as happy as possible so they would have no desire or reason to leave.

instead they crap all over their employees and then get surprised when they leave for greener pastures...

"hey bobby, our best employees are mad at us and are starting to look for other jobs"

bobby answer: "**** em. hail satan and call the legal team... we'll teach them to mess with Mr. B.K."

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

"Volo, I pointed that out because one of activisions reasons for not paying was specifically because West and Zamp were doing their level best to cultivate a work crew that'd be easy to poach from one company to the other. "

yeah, and you used the accusation by ASCT of their suppsoed theiovery of why ACT is in the right and the two guys are wrong. If I were an IW emp-loyees and my division's managers were stealing money that the main bosses at ACT meant for me, I surely wouldn't quit ACT. I would sue the thieves and stand behind ACT. But, that isn't happening. IW employees are quitting ACT because obviously they aren't happy with ACT. If they were unhappy with IW founders why would they quit ACT when the IW foudners ar eno longer an issue if they stayed at that company.

This leads me top believe that ACT's accusations of theivery is balony to cover up their theivery and you bought it hook line and sinker.

P.S. It doesn't matyter how 'bad' the IW foudners were acting. They did their job, ACT benefited from it, they get paid for it. Period.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

ACTI should have been doing their level best to keep their best employees as happy as possible so they would have no desire or reason to leave.

instead they crap all over their employees and then get surprised when they leave for greener pastures...

"hey bobby, our best employees are mad at us and are starting to look for other jobs"

bobby answer: "**** em. hail satan and call the legal team... we'll teach them to mess with Mr. B.K."

McDonalds tries to keep their employees happening but they don't have control over the individual managers and franchisees do they. My point about all of this is that West and Zamp were VERY easily in a position where they could make things miserable for people, blame it on their bosses, and look like kings.

the same could be said about Kottick, just replace bosses with shareholders :ermm:

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Honestly, it's pointless to speculate. The employment contract has clearly been breached. The only question is which party breached it first, and we can't know that unless we have both a copy of the contract, and access to 24/7 surveillance video of all the interested parties over the span of days and weeks in question.

Edit: Or, what Gorth said yesterday.

Edited by Enoch

"The employment contract has clearly been breached."

ACT has admitted to having withold monies owed while IW guys haven't yet and the things that they seem to be accused of (not putting the ACT logo in the game, consorting with EA0 have been proven nor have they hurt ACT who made a lot of money off of IW's hard work yet refuse to pay them for said work. That puts them in the wrong. Period.

"The employment contract has clearly been breached."

ACT has admitted to having withold monies owed while IW guys haven't yet and the things that they seem to be accused of (not putting the ACT logo in the game, consorting with EA0 have been proven nor have they hurt ACT who made a lot of money off of IW's hard work yet refuse to pay them for said work. That puts them in the wrong. Period.

How can "not putting ACT logo in the game" not be proven? you boot the friggin thing up and it doesn't show an activision logo screen, it's that simple. I know it blows your mind that it's that simple but COME ON!

Do you see the activision logo appearing any time other than as text for the copyright stuff? eh? EH!?

Do you see the activision logo appearing any time other than as text for the copyright stuff? eh? EH!?

Since act is/was the publisher, shouldn't that be their responsibility?

[sent from phone]

I find it hard to believe that the publisher has to by themselves, go in and add their logo to any game that they release, particularly since they're releasing so many games on so many platforms they'd probably do more damage than good doing that.

Acti specifically stated in their complaint that IW was asked on the nose to put it in to be in compliance with standard procedure, and IW decided not to do it just out of spite (or so it seems)

I was actually implying that shouldnt the publisher make sure the product features their logo (for brand recognition) before shipping said product?

This whole piss party could have been avoided if they were fired after being paid, as agreed upon by thier contract.

Not gonna bother pushing this forward while my internet service is down, phone posting is a pain in the ass.

[sent from phone]

I was actually implying that shouldnt the publisher make sure the product features their logo (for brand recognition) before shipping said product?

Yes the publisher should make sure, that everything what he wants and desire to be in the game, is indeed in the game before shipping it...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

The developer was acting like a petty child when it choose to exclude the publishers logo and speed up the Activision segment of the credits. This is not the publishers fault. Of course considering Activision is the new EA I'm pretty sure that if Infinity Ward decided to molest a puppy people would claim it was all Activisions fault for not stopping Infinity Ward from molesting that puppy. You puppy molester apologists disgust me.

The developer was acting like a petty child when it choose to exclude the publishers logo and speed up the Activision segment of the credits. This is not the publishers fault. Of course considering Activision is the new EA I'm pretty sure that if Infinity Ward decided to molest a puppy people would claim it was all Activisions fault for not stopping Infinity Ward from molesting that puppy. You puppy molester apologists disgust me.

Activision are hardly doing themselves any favors charging 15 bucks for a handful of maps for MW 2. Between that and all the bone-headed moves publishers have been making recently it is no surprise that gamers are going to side with the fired IW devs, right or wrong.

"Do you see the activision logo appearing any time other than as text for the copyright stuff? eh? EH!?"

Yet again, you completely missed the point. I commented on the logo thing and whose fualt that is. If you are too forgettful and unable to master readingt o understand that whole thing that's your problem.

Anyways, another 4 IW employees have quit ACT. Seems to me that people really don't think ACT is in the right for those in the know. In fact, they were liekly sitckinga round because of the IW foudners. Yet, ACT and others are claiming that the IW foudners were stealing money from other employees. Bullocks.

"Do you see the activision logo appearing any time other than as text for the copyright stuff? eh? EH!?"

Yet again, you completely missed the point. I commented on the logo thing and whose fualt that is. If you are too forgettful and unable to master readingt o understand that whole thing that's your problem.

Anyways, another 4 IW employees have quit ACT. Seems to me that people really don't think ACT is in the right for those in the know. In fact, they were liekly sitckinga round because of the IW foudners. Yet, ACT and others are claiming that the IW foudners were stealing money from other employees. Bullocks.

For the first bit of our post, I'm pointing to hell kitty's post.

As for the stealing money, that was all me. Acti said that they were taking titanic amounts of the bonus money doled out (something like 33% of that handed out for the entire franchise) and that was it. I was the one who proposed that they might have been siphoning off bonus money then blaming it on the publishers simply to make their employees angry.

But seriously, I think that these guys could fart out CODMW3 where you play a puppy being mercilessly murdered by Captain Price and say they fulfilled their contract, and you'd still be behind em because they're going up against the big bad corporation.

"But seriously, I think that these guys could fart out CODMW3 where you play a puppy being mercilessly murdered by Captain Price and say they fulfilled their contract, and you'd still be behind em because they're going up against the big bad corporation. "

You must really be a newbie who has never read my posts, because otherwise, you'd know what you just wrote was plain garbagey lies.

1. I don't give a crap about IW, or their founders, or their games.

2. I have no problem defending 'big bad corporations'... just read any EA thread - even before they bought BIo I was pro EA... which, if you forgotten is the biggest baddest game company ever according to many.

3. I don't hate ACT. IN fact, I had no problems before this.

4. Check out threads about pirates or what I'd like tio call thieves and still ask yourself if I'm always against the 'big bad coorporations'.

5. Or the threads about DLCs and what not.

6. Also, I wonder where I stand on MS... another 'big bad company'. LMAO

The problem here is that ACT is obviously in the wrong. You don't steal money from others and that's exactly what they did by withholding monies owed.

Your ignorance is laughable in regards to what you think my bias is.

Then again, you admitted to trolling because you claim to being mainly taking ACT's side because others are not which means you are posting simply to troll others not ebcause you really believe what you post.

Edited by Volourn

Well, Acti is withholding money because IW didn't do the job they were supposed to, or at least up to spec (seriously, it's not Acti's fault that their logo wasn't in the game, they didn't actually code the bloody thing).

And that wasn't the only reason I cited for why I'm taking acti's side. I'm taking it because West and Zamp need to be taken down a notch, and the whole Logo thing just proves it. They think they're so awesome that they can throw together a game with scotch tape, while ignoring direct orders from superiors, and get a 36 million dollar bonus from it. THAT is why they don't deserve the money, they ignored their bosses about what they should and shouldn't do with the game, in violation of contract, and then expect the contract to be honored.

"Well, Acti is withholding money because IW didn't do the job they were supposed to, or at least up to spec (seriously, it's not Acti's fault that their logo wasn't in the game, they didn't actually code the bloody thing). "

No matter who much you bash the game doesn't change the fact that the game in question sold millions, and made ACTI millions and they ow IW their share as agreed upon. It is not up to ACT to decide to withhold money they agreed to pay. Period.

They did a good enough job that it's one of the best selling games ever. Now pay up, ACT, pay up. Stop acting like thieves.

I have my job. Now, IRL, I do it damn good good. But, my boss cna't come by at pay time and say my work sucks and not pay me a certain percentage simply because they didn't like my work when we agreed on x dollars. Now, they could fire me if they thought I was doing a poor job but they can't not pay me for the work I already did. Capiche?

That's garbage. Plain and simple.

Edited by Volourn

I have my job. Now, IRL, I do it damn good good. But, my boss cna't come by at pay time and say my work sucks and not pay me a certain percentage simply because they didn't like my work when we agreed on x dollars. Now, they could fire me if they thought I was doing a poor job but they can't not pay me for the work I already did. Capiche?

That's garbage. Plain and simple.

But they could say that you didn't do your job and with hold payment.

"But they could say that you didn't do your job and with hold payment."

No. No, they couldn't. Not legally. That's why it be theft.

Someone doesn't do their job, you fire them, you can't withhold money you already owe them. Period.

And fire them they did, which lead to your initial outrage (as well as everyone elses).

Heck even if Acti owes west and zamp money, it's nowhere near the amount that they claim they're owed (as they say in their complaint that the amount owed is for the AND THEIR ENTIRE TEAM) as Acti has stated that they'd pay the bonuses to those that stayed, at the very least. Acti is counter suing because A) West and Zamp supposedly (and confirmed in some cases) engaged in activities specifically designed to discredit or damage their employer B) West and Zamp have taken huge bonus checks in the past that Acti feels has made up for what is owed to them C) they're blocking any further progress on a possible MW3 (Which is Copyright activision methinks).

B we can't really comment on as we don't know exact amounts, nor do we know how much their contracts said they'd get from previous games.