What are you playing now?

Gorth

Don't diss Hurlshot, man. He's Red Arrow.

Finished my dwarf gunslinger playthrough of Arcanum, there were some odd lags with high-res mod near the end and you clearly feel the pain of cut content in the endgame, but it's still damn good. It's a real pity about the story because I thought its 'twist' was the best delivered, the most surprising and the most realistic of all RPG story 'twists' in recent times - it's entirely logical that

someone would try and impersonate Arronax to engineer their return, and that the 'Void' may not be so 'Void' after all.

The only problem was once you found out the real baddie his motivations didn't make any sense at all. He had great voice acting and $ spent into FMV to tell his side of the story, would have been nice if it was more than KILL EVERYONE CAUSE LIFE IS PAIN

Don't diss Hurlshot, man. He's Red Arrow.

Finished my dwarf gunslinger playthrough of Arcanum, there were some odd lags with high-res mod near the end and you clearly feel the pain of cut content in the endgame, but it's still damn good. It's a real pity about the story because I thought its 'twist' was the best delivered, the most surprising and the most realistic of all RPG story 'twists' in recent times - it's entirely logical that

someone would try and impersonate Arronax to engineer their return, and that the 'Void' may not be so 'Void' after all.

The only problem was once you found out the real baddie his motivations didn't make any sense at all. He had great voice acting and $ spent into FMV to tell his side of the story, would have been nice if it was more than KILL EVERYONE CAUSE LIFE IS PAIN

"Once I was a simple human like you, but one day I got addicted to
, so much that I wanted to kick everyone's ass for eternity!" Edited by Oner

163+ Hours of FO 3 GotY :?

FO: NV will be my first encounter with FO3 :nuke:

Currently playing Mass Effect 2. A mixed pleasure. The positive aspects currently have the lead.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I just saw the statistics for Mass Effect 2 among my Steam friends list. Combined, my friends have put a total of 175 hours into the game. I have nearly 100 logged by myself across three runs. I'm not sure how I should feel about this.

Calax, can you please elaborate more on White Knight Chronicles without spoilers? I've seen very mixed reviews, i think i am more favoured to the positive reviews i read, than the negatives, but i could use some sort of "stimulation" to finaly decide if i shall buy it or not...

I presume you like JRPGs, when you purchased it, and many reviews in magazines feels like they are just written by people who think Halo and CoD:MW2 are the greatest games ever created. So i would like to hear how does feel the overal gameplay, depth of the story and all the japanese bells and whistles, from JRPG fan...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Heh, that was a pretty funny typo. Why do you buy games to irritate me, people?!?

I only buy games I'm sure you'll like. I feel like such a fool when I log on to the Obsidian Forum Community and discover I've bought something you don't approve of. While I might enjoy those games at the time, after I'm done I feel a deep sense of shame and promise myself I'll never play them again, even though I know I probably will.

ME2, insanity run in small bits and pieces. It's kind of a tedious grind, but I've been catching up with some tv series on blu-ray, so it's as good a time as any to play for 30mins-2hours.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

ME2, insanity run in small bits and pieces. It's kind of a tedious grind, but I've been catching up with some tv series on blu-ray, so it's as good a time as any to play for 30mins-2hours.

What class and special power did you select for your insanity run, Nepenthe? All my selections so far play out an exercise in duck-and-cover.

manthing2.jpg

I played on Insanity with a soldier for a while, but by the time I reached the collector ship the game became impossible.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Great Dungeon in the Sky

It's apparently made by a group or someone calling themselves Rocket Ninja Games.

It's retro pixel cute, simple hack and slash platforming somewhere between Pokemon and Spelunky. The trick is you kill enemies to collect enemy classes, which you can then use on the next level or after you lose.

Quirky, quick fun.

Calax, can you please elaborate more on White Knight Chronicles without spoilers? I've seen very mixed reviews, i think i am more favoured to the positive reviews i read, than the negatives, but i could use some sort of "stimulation" to finaly decide if i shall buy it or not...

I presume you like JRPGs, when you purchased it, and many reviews in magazines feels like they are just written by people who think Halo and CoD:MW2 are the greatest games ever created. So i would like to hear how does feel the overal gameplay, depth of the story and all the japanese bells and whistles, from JRPG fan...

I haven't gotten that deep in the story yet, but the gameplay feels quite similar to FFXII where for combat you have one party member that you control and the ai runs the others. Difference is that you don't have to set every little ai control on the other characters so they act intelligently. I've only really played like an hour but it feels suitably long. I mean there are a couple of idiotic speech lines but those are more attributed to the english localization than the actual story.

My coworkers loved it and decidedly despise the GameInformer review because GI's beef with it was that it didn't have innovation about how to play. It's very safe using elements that have been in other games to great effect.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Recently found Caesar IV is installed on my PC so I decided to play that for a bit. Always loved this series, some of the changes from Caesar III are better (don't need to evolve housing, just three types) but at the same time cause annoyances (having to wall in equites housing is annoying). Course, I could actually -plan-.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I played on Insanity with a soldier for a while, but by the time I reached the collector ship the game became impossible.

Insanely impossible?

More like insanely frustrating because of load times.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

What class and special power did you select for your insanity run, Nepenthe? All my selections so far play out an exercise in duck-and-cover.

Soldier w. Fortification. So far the only two places where I've had actual trouble were the very first recruitment mission (Mordin) and the end of Horizon. Not looking forward to the Collector ship or Derelict Reaper.

Fortification gives somewhat enhanced survival, and having access to the full weapons trove is useful (especially now that the Eviscerator is out). Generally Miri and Mordin to debuff when no party members are forced.

Soldier w. Fortification. So far the only two places where I've had actual trouble were the very first recruitment mission (Mordin) and the end of Horizon. Not looking forward to the Collector ship or Derelict Reaper.

Fortification gives somewhat enhanced survival, and having access to the full weapons trove is useful (especially now that the Eviscerator is out). Generally Miri and Mordin to debuff when no party members are forced.

I'll give it a shot. Even if mooks can beat you down on insanity, the instant recharge ability has to be useful.

Also, new wep Eviscerator!? Tell more! :woot:

manthing2.jpg

I'll give it a shot. Even if mooks can beat you down on insanity, the instant recharge ability has to be useful.

Also, new wep Eviscerator!? Tell more! :woot:

A new armor (Cerberus assault armor or something like that) and the Eviscerator shotgun (longer range, better AP) were released to people with the Cerberus Network last week (for free, in case some whiner feels the urge to jump in and attack the Evil EA and their poorly failing marketing attempts - again). Haven't tried the armor yet, but the shotgun seemed a bit less useless than the others on insanity. :lol:

A new armor (Cerberus assault armor or something like that) and the Eviscerator shotgun (longer range, better AP) were released to people with the Cerberus Network last week (for free, in case some whiner feels the urge to jump in and attack the Evil EA and their poorly failing marketing attempts - again). Haven't tried the armor yet, but the shotgun seemed a bit less useless than the others on insanity. :lol:

Too bad the shotgun only has 16 rounds. :woot:

Too bad the shotgun only has 16 rounds. :woot:

Better 16 useful shots than a bazillion useless ones.

Or 10 like the Claymore. :p

Also, new wep Eviscerator!? Tell more! :wowey:

A new armor (Cerberus assault armor or something like that) and the Eviscerator shotgun (longer range, better AP) were released to people with the Cerberus Network last week (for free, in case some whiner feels the urge to jump in and attack the Evil EA and their poorly failing marketing attempts - again). Haven't tried the armor yet, but the shotgun seemed a bit less useless than the others on insanity. :down:

"Yes, I can see how that will be beneficial to all concerned. But really, Councilor, you should consulted with me before taking such drastic measures".

manthing2.jpg