What are You playing now?

Gorth

I played halfway through it twice and couldnt bring myself to go on.

Its rubbish of epic proportions.

No, it just wasn't as good as TLJ and the open end wasn't all that great.

No, it was rubbish because its hard to imagine worse implemented and more nonsensical gameplay. Neither action, nor adventure but something worse than both. To be that bad takes concious effort.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I installed Dreamfall once.. and my computer died and one of the sli cards in it blew up.. so I seem to have a psychological block against re-installing it.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I installed Dreamfall once.. and my computer died and one of the sli cards in it blew up.. so I seem to have a psychological block against re-installing it.

Playing it is actually a worse ordeal.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I played halfway through it twice and couldnt bring myself to go on.

Its rubbish of epic proportions.

No, it just wasn't as good as TLJ and the open end wasn't all that great.

No, it was rubbish because its hard to imagine worse implemented and more nonsensical gameplay. Neither action, nor adventure but something worse than both. To be that bad takes concious effort.

Yes, the gameplay sucked, but the story, characters, music were still pretty decent, just not at TLJ's level.

I do think Dreamfall's story sucks, because basically one gets only half of it, plus one gets treated with more unresolved plot lines and cliffhangers than in an average Robert Jordan novel. I also can't stand the main character of the game, who's boring, incredibly annoying & completely clueless the entire game.

The main reason why I like the game, despite all this, is TLJ nostalgia. It's worth playing through at least once to see some old TLJ characters again (even though some of them got butchered) and find out what happened to them - not to mention revisiting some TLJ locations in 3D was pretty nice the first time through.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Gave up on Homeworld. Yes, I know it's supposed to be slow, but damnit, at this point it's just boring.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Sorry, the story isn't worth me spending an hour watching ressource collectors gather space dust every mission.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

What do you think I did immediately after giving up? :(

I do this all the time - go check out key story points or cutscenes in old games that I don't feel like playing through.

*pats back* Don't worry champ, there's always a next time.

With only a .2% chance of dropping, and then you have to win the roll, that "next time" could be a long way off.

I think there's 3 total on our server (Azgalor), and only one Ashbringer.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Finished ME1. Will finally be continuing Dragon Age now, but I'm still doubting between Human Noble and Dwarf Commoner. Are there any noteworthy differences between the two? I'm usually not very fond of playing a dwarf, but I read good things about it.

Edit: Ah screw it, I'm not satisfied with how my human faces turn out, so I'll just go with the dwarf.

Edited by Pope