What are You playing now?

Gorth

It's actually a bit worrying that none of you even reacted to this. It probably means it sounds natural to you, which is what all propaganda is about: making the extremist sound natural.
Or they just don't care about propaganda enough for it to stick.

Guest Slinky

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition. I absolutely love it, easily the best RPG since Mask of the Betrayer for me. Loads of atmosphere and great sidequests, everything I expected from Dragon Age but didn't get. I have never read any of the books but I think I'm going to hit the library once I finish the game. The Witcher 2 went straight to my must buy list!

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition. I absolutely love it, easily the best RPG since Mask of the Betrayer for me. Loads of atmosphere and great sidequests, everything I expected from Dragon Age but didn't get. I have never read any of the books but I think I'm going to hit the library once I finish the game. The Witcher 2 went straight to my must buy list!

Huh. I picked this up in the Steam sale this week, but only played through the 'intro' area. The atmosphere and gameplay have failed to grab my interest so far. I'm sure I'll jump back into it again at some point and explore the first quest hub a bit, but my expectations aren't high.

Guest Slinky
Huh. I picked this up in the Steam sale this week, but only played through the 'intro' area. The atmosphere and gameplay have failed to grab my interest so far. I'm sure I'll jump back into it again at some point and explore the first quest hub a bit, but my expectations aren't high.

I didn't expect much either for some reason, but it surprised me totally how good it is. Only things that bother me are the combat system, which could be little more responsive, and the stupid money barrels everywhere. I just got to act 3 and I think it keeps getting better and better.

You need to listen to the pre-level speaches again then. It's all stuff like "We are the most powerful war nation in the history of man" said with a ridiculously masculine voice and with complete seriousness. Or "Every fight is our fight blah blah". No. No, it's not. Anyhow, the entire game screams of US patriotic war propaganda.

It's actually a bit worrying that none of you even reacted to this. It probably means it sounds natural to you, which is what all propaganda is about: making the extremist sound natural.

I hate when I sound like Yuushi or whatever that left wing nut in the Off topic forum is called!

See Will's response, that and the starter American character ends up taking part in

the terrorist attack on Moscow, without explaining why getting close to this guy is important enough for mass murder

and a good percentage of the quotes are all anti-patriotic or anti-war.

AND disabling a few "thrusters" won't make an asteroid in frictionless space stop.

It doesn't neet to stop. It needs to remain in orbit around Terra Nova. The terrorist is trying to use the 'thrusters' to push it out of orbit so it crashes into the planet.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

AND disabling a few "thrusters" won't make an asteroid in frictionless space stop.

It doesn't need to stop. It needs to remain in orbit around Terra Nova. The terrorist is trying to use the 'thrusters' to push it out of orbit so it crashes into the planet.

The asteroid was hijacked while on course to planet, not after it arrived. Even if it were in orbit, it would still need to be stopped, gravity pulling the thing toward the planet certainly won't help the situation.

Anyway, playing Sunset Over Imdahl (play it foo's, short but fun story!) and hoping there's an expanded ending after the new game+, or I'm going to be...unsatisfied.

Finally got my Warlock to 79 and made him a Magnificent Flying Carpet, though.

"Can only be summoned in Outland or Northrend."

Really? Still? This so screamed of horrible forward planning two years ago and it's still in the same ****ty state? Amazing.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

MW2. Tried the FAL for about 30 games or so. Should've dropped it earlier, but then I tried the smaller rifles (P90/UMP45/...) and gave up on that too. Guess I'll just stick to the SCAR-H as usual.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Really? Still? This so screamed of horrible forward planning two years ago and it's still in the same ****ty state? Amazing.

in order to allow flying in the old world they have to basically rebuild the zones from the ground up (a lot of visual shortcuts were taken with tall things, trees don't have tops, nor do the undercity towers for example)

However this is going to be the big change in Cataclysm is that they have rebuilt and redesigned the old world for more streamlined questing and other fun things like flying to happen.

just a random yelling:

%#($ YOU SAURFANG THE YOUNGER AND YOUR STUPID FIGHT IN ICECROWN!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

in order to allow flying in the old world they have to basically rebuild the zones from the ground up (a lot of visual shortcuts were taken with tall things, trees don't have tops, nor do the undercity towers for example)

Yes, I know. And this is exactly what screams of horrible forward planning: it's so evident that they didn't plan for flying all along and their solution to this problem is by restricting the usage of flying mounts to certain zones (expansions). I just think it's weak, but I do hope they solve it with the Cataclysm expansion.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It doesn't need to stop. It needs to remain in orbit around Terra Nova. The terrorist is trying to use the 'thrusters' to push it out of orbit so it crashes into the planet.

The asteroid was hijacked while on course to planet, not after it arrived. Even if it were in orbit, it would still need to be stopped, gravity pulling the thing toward the planet certainly won't help the situation.

You're correct about it being hijacked while on course. However, they don't need to 'stop' the asteriod completely, they just need to cut the thrusters and it will orbit the planet. The original plan was to make X57 a satellite.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Yes, I know. And this is exactly what screams of horrible forward planning: it's so evident that they didn't plan for flying all along and their solution to this problem is by restricting the usage of flying mounts to certain zones (expansions). I just think it's weak, but I do hope they solve it with the Cataclysm expansion.

Well, they've confirmed that flying mounts are going to be allowed in Cata in the old world

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I tried GTA4: Libery City Episodes, Id forgotten how butt-ugly GTA4 is on the 360. My eyes are trying to leap out of my skull form the torture.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

MODERN WARFARE 2 4-evah

The game is so lag-sensitive though, ping can make all the differance between a 2:1 and a 1:3 ratio. Im whoring the R93 with wicked blingbling

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "