Yahtzee reviews

Gorth

I do wonder, how much of the original team is still in Bungie. I mean, is there a chance we'll ever see Myth IV or Oni 2 by Bungie?..

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Meh, Halo 1 was one of the best games that i ever played. The second was such a let down that i did not bother much with the rest. This one certainly doesn't have any redeeming factors.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Halo was revolutionary in it's time, but I wonder why Bungie isn't even trying anymore? it's like they've given up on creative game development :p

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Halo was revolutionary in it's time, but I wonder why Bungie isn't even trying anymore? it's like they've given up on creative game development :p

Because they were being raped by Microsoft to make Halo games for too long. It got so bad that their discontent was known amongst the general gaming public.

Bungie was one of the most creative developers... ever.

All hail Myth II.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I disagree. Halo gave us vehicle combat in FPS and rechargeable health (or shields). We have to remember that Halo project was first PC game, untill Microsoft bought 'em for Xbox. I was looking forward of Halo (for PC exclusive), but none expected it to be revolutionary and it wasn't. I agree from console perspective as FPS really sucked before Halo.

Personally I think in 2001 both Aliens vs. Predator 2 and Operation Flashpoint were better FPS then Halo. -edit- And Return to Castle Wolfenstein of course.

Edited by Niten_Ryu

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

Because they were being raped by Microsoft to make Halo games for too long. It got so bad that their discontent was known amongst the general gaming public.

Bungie was one of the most creative developers... ever.

All hail Myth II.

They bought themselves out of Microsoft's Halo slavery... only to make more Halo games.

Halo 1 was great, 2 was good, three was crap, ODST was fermenting horse****, and reach is meh.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

This is one of them great mysteries of the universe, right up there with the secrets of the pyramids : why anyone liked HALO. I mean we know that they did, and that they do. Just... WHY ?.

I guess some people are just terminally allergic to fun.

Halo 3 was more fun than Half-life 2. For me.

*throws up flame shield*

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

HL2 suffers because the action just Halts at certain points as they want to push across exposition

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Never got through HL2. Too expansive and plodding - I just got bored after a while.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

This is one of them great mysteries of the universe, right up there with the secrets of the pyramids : why anyone liked HALO. I mean we know that they did, and that they do. Just... WHY ?.

To me it's pyramids, Halo and GTA IV, pretty much. :sorcerer:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Personally I think in 2001 both Aliens vs. Predator 2 and Operation Flashpoint were better FPS then Halo. -edit- And Return to Castle Wolfenstein of course.

Operation Flashpoint is the greatest FPS of all time for me (playing ArmA2 right now). which doesn't make Halo necessarily bad. Halo was all about multiplayer and a great physics engine. I couldn't care less about the singleplayer campaign.

Walsingham said:

All hail Myth II.

Who's plot was blatantly stolen from The Black Company.

So? Whats your point?

At least its a good pick.

Its the only fantasy strategy game that I've played in the last decade whose plot was worth following.

Homeworld's plot was partly taken from the Bible and Battlestar Galactica. Most of Starcraft was ripped off from Warhammer 40k.

Doesn't make them any less landmark titles, does it?

Its a mystery to me as well. When I played the PC port a bit later I thought it was a pretty average shooter. Certainly its not half as good as Half Life 1 or which ever top PC FPS you choose.

I think it was just strong XBox propaganda making the game to something it was not.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Halo was revolutionary in it's time, but I wonder why Bungie isn't even trying anymore? it's like they've given up on creative game development :sorcerer:

I disagree. Halo gave us vehicle combat in FPS and rechargeable health (or shields). We have to remember that Halo project was first PC game, untill Microsoft bought 'em for Xbox. I was looking forward of Halo (for PC exclusive), but none expected it to be revolutionary and it wasn't. I agree from console perspective as FPS really sucked before Halo.

As is usually the case, people think Halo did something first, and infact it didn't. You get the same problem with Doom.

Codename Eagle, a predecessor to Battlefield was certainly released before Halo:

Date: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codename_Eagle

Description: http://uk.gamespy.com/articles/552/552075p23.html

It doesn't matter though, I never loved Halo. Also Halo started out as a Mac project, it was also an MMO at some point.

Halo did do something really good for consoles it proved out that if you programmatically aid the player via sticky targets and the like, an FPS on console can be viable, and mass market.

Operation Flashpoint *shudders* that's just too sim-like to be fun.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Operation Flashpoint is the greatest FPS of all time for me (playing ArmA2 right now). which doesn't make Halo necessarily bad. Halo was all about multiplayer and a great physics engine. I couldn't care less about the singleplayer campaign.

Operation Flashpoint : Dragon Rising must have been some kinda of demonic project from hell from your perspective.

I also didn't realise anyone thought Halo had a great physics engine... Oh well, I suppose explosions moving stuff was kinda new.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Operation Flashpoint : Dragon Rising must have been some kinda of demonic project from hell from your perspective.

I skipped this one and went straight to ArmA2 from Red Hammer :sorcerer: any game, where it takes more than two bullets to down the player character is bad by default in my eyes :(

Walsingham said:

I disagree. Halo gave us vehicle combat in FPS and rechargeable health (or shields).

And that's an evolution instead of a devolution? :sorcerer:

Meh, I hate vehicles and rechargeable health/shields. If HALO is responsible for that ****... :(

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

rechargeable shields make more sense than insta-heal first-aid kits in other games do imho :sorcerer: at least if you place the enemies right. it helps making the game more dynamic, at least that's how I see it.

and come on! vehicles are the shiznit! :( especially for co-op multiplayer battles

Walsingham said: