Dragon age discussion

Gorth

."and why would we after so many years?"

This is all I need to know. Things change over the course time. No entertain product is exactly as it was originally planned by the developers. Afterall, the golem is an example of this. First, it wa sin, then it was cut, then it was back in as a free DLC for new copy purchasers.

As for links.. funny that you ask ME for links when you provide none yourself. Kinda underhanded right? Go figure.

Secondly, I don't need to provide a link. If you really want to know do a search on the BIO baords. *shrug*.

I'm not worried about whteher or not you go on your merry way thinking I'm a liar. I can live with that. It won't change the truth.

Sure, BIO hyped them up. Then again, it's not my fault people take things at face value when a) things change, b) company hype things, and c) BIO is the same company that claimed that BG2 was 200+ hours long when it so obviously wasn't and that was 10 years ago. You cna't just read one post from BIo and expect that will 100% guaranteed that it'll be exactly like that in game since things changes. See, once again, the golem.

Bottom line is origins (or should I say the one origin I've played) was the length I expected it to be, and it effected my game throughout espicially in the Orzimmar region (as expected) as well as others. Heck, the weapon I'm currently using (late in game) I have directly because of my origin. At least, I seriously doubt other origins get it since it's a gift directly from an old friend. Flat out evidence that at least one origin lasts a decent amount of time, and effects the future game. Then again, the Dwarf noble origin seems to be pretty popular so other origins may not have been so lucky... *shrug*

P.S. DA > BG2

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Probably not a big deal to most, but I was wondering if I can change the order of my party by doing something with their portraits? For some reason my tank is at the bottom, which means that my mage and healer are right behind me into battle, and the tank is bringing up the rear. I kinda think that the order you choose them in camp is the order they wind up in the party, so I'm screwed for now. But I thought I'd ask the experts who know the game better than I do. Thanks!

"gromnir" account is banned and we cannot seem to search via archive. nevertheless, we both know you is fibbing if you pretend that biowarians didn't suggest that origins would have far reaching and signifficant consequences. "Sure, BIO hyped them up." and sure enough, you isn't actually denying... you is simply prevaricating. how can you possibly call folks fools for believing biowarians? again, Gromnir slammed 'em pretty hard for their puffery and they didn't back down an inch... they didn't disabuse folks o' notion that origins would have lasting and far reaching consequences, and they didn't correct posters who were expecting long hours from origins. we can find posts by priestly saying that "game will be as long as it needs to be," but nothing 'bout 2-5 hours for origins.

you is fine with what you got? great. Gromnir agrees that the game is good... but you is changing your tune and being... vol. first you suggest that biowarians supplied as promised regarding origins. now we got admission that there were hype. is not hype if is complete true... admit hype means you admit biowarian distortion o' reality.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Probably not a big deal to most, but I was wondering if I can change the order of my party by doing something with their portraits? For some reason my tank is at the bottom, which means that my mage and healer are right behind me into battle, and the tank is bringing up the rear. I kinda think that the order you choose them in camp is the order they wind up in the party, so I'm screwed for now. But I thought I'd ask the experts who know the game better than I do. Thanks!

Yes the only way to change the order is at the party select screen. However there is a runscript command that allows you to change the party at anytime, but it might bug the game out, since the addapproval one does.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Depth of field in Dragon Age is absolutely atrocious. Perhaps Allan would like to explain why, seeing as I can't imagine how DoF issues didn't come up during QA.

By depth of field you mean you don't care for the level of detail for things in the distance?

I mean the background (i.e., everything except for the character speaking) is an unfocused, grainy, heavily pixelated mess during cutscenes. It's even worse than the The Witcher in that department, and The Witcher was bad enough. It's also apparently impossible to turn off without turning off every other graphical feature.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I've noticed that, if I select one of my party members (by pressing the corresponding F# key or clicking on them), and then press = to select the entire group, the character that was selected prior to me pressing = will move to the "leader" position of the party formation.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but as far as I've seen it's the only way to influence the formation.

Shadow Thief of the Obsidian Order

My Backloggery

Depth of field in Dragon Age is absolutely atrocious. Perhaps Allan would like to explain why, seeing as I can't imagine how DoF issues didn't come up during QA.

By depth of field you mean you don't care for the level of detail for things in the distance?

I mean the background (i.e., everything except for the character speaking) is an unfocused, grainy, heavily pixelated mess during cutscenes. It's even worse than the The Witcher in that department, and The Witcher was bad enough. It's also apparently impossible to turn off without turning off every other graphical feature.

Unfocused and grainy(I didn

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Okay, so Shale definitely doesn't work.

-> Logged in in-game, put in code, installed Shale.

-> Logged out, played game. Shale is in Journal, says Enabled, but doesn't work.

-> Logged in, played game. Shale is Enabled but unauthorised, can't load game.

Groar. and if the implication is that I need to/should have logged in all the time, screw you Bioware.

Hey kids, voting time!

I'm at the part where you rescue you-know-who and are confronted by you-know-who-the-second.

Specifically, I rescued the queen and Ser DaiShi and her underpowered archer army of great pain stop you.

Should I

A:

Let myself be arrested and break out on my own?

B:

-ll- and call the others for evac?

or C:

Kill them all and see what happens? (Somehow managed to down them, though the PC and Dog got no xp for Mrs DaiShi, then saved.)

A is the most boring choice

B can be pretty funny, depending who you bring

C is the shorcut way to same end. But thats one hell of a fight!

I finished Orzammar yesterday... hardest part about the whole venture was resisting the urge to vomit during a certain boss fight... on a next playthrough I'll probably go to Orzammar much earlier. I hate Dwarves, but Oghren is a pretty awesome character after all (and a way better fighter than Sten).

He mouthed off Miss High & Mighty on a couple of occasions too, which was great.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Trying various things, and now it won't even let me log in because it thinks my internet isn't connected; it's trying to download the DLC even though it's enabled and done already; and whoever thought in-game integration was good at BIo forgot that it's actually meant to work. Especially if your official tech support is EA.

Trying various things, and now it won't even let me log in because it thinks my internet isn't connected; it's trying to download the DLC even though it's enabled and done already; and whoever thought in-game integration was good at BIo forgot that it's actually meant to work. Especially if your official tech support is EA.

I have to manually start DA content updater every time, because without it Shale thinks it

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

A is the most boring choice

B can be pretty funny, depending who you bring

C is the shorcut way to same end. But thats one hell of a fight!

I see, thanks. BTW it's funny they put in a prison entrance before and one after the room that Mrs DaiShi is in. Everyone with a brain would figure you're supposed to use those them to evade that small army but nooooo. Edited by Oner

If a [Persuade] check on a party member fails during pivotal story choices, do they attack or leave? Or does their approval simply drop?

It's happened a few times with Miss High & Mighty but I managed to pass it apparently... it would be inconvenient if she would leave, to say the least.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

^ So what's the exciting new announcement Evil Chris was wibbling on about?

Considering what is happening at Bioboards, maybe they are releasing a expansion DLC to Alistair romance that has a "and they lived happily ever after" end for everyone. Really, some people there give me the creeps.

You could have just started being disgusted at their forum layout. I never signed up simply because reading anything in there is painful.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

"Return to Ostagar" or something, which will probably be high level hack'n'slash with the zombified army of King blonde-annoying-guy. Mwuahahahahhaaa.

Who needs Diablo 3 when we have Dragon Age :)

Indeed, but obviously I'll be getting D3 too.

I think it was leaked / early released on the DA Czech site and Google-translated by some Bio forum regulars.

Hey, at least they can use all the original Ostagar assets for a fast turnaround... :)

sonsofgygax.JPG