Dragon Age

Gorth

I hit level 22 my first (and only) playthrough. It was a pretty thorough playthrough IMO, but I did miss some stuff.

Hey, do enemies level with you like in the flash game? That sucked.

There is some scaling due to the non-linear nature of the wide open world. The scaling isn't identical, as there's a level range for some areas.

Edited by alanschu

Boo!

\o/

Yeah, get your crosses and stakes out people - cos' I've returned... :lol:

I came to see what the crowd opinion on Brutal Legend was, only to witness Yahtzee piss all over it, thus removing my only reason for coming out of torpor.

When's Homeworld 3 coming out... ;(

To stay on topic, still haven't bought the DA hype and I'm not ready to put my ass up for elf probing just yet. Maybe someday...

:thumbsup:

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Yeah, get your crosses and stakes out people - cos' I've returned... ;(

Get the rodent repellent! Get the rodent repppeellleeennnttaaaarghhh! :lol:

To stay on topic, still haven't bought the DA hype and I'm not ready to put my ass up for elf probing just yet. Maybe someday...

:thumbsup:

I'd imagine that those tin can armours will also work as chastity belts if you are scared for your innocence :lol:

As if to confirm my lingering suspicions of Bioware's thirst for power, the sort of ambition that makes Microsoft look like a small suburban computer store, I noticed that they have now declared themselves a supra-national entity, second only to Hungary.

There are two teams left in the competition - Hungary (go Hungary, GO!) and this new nation, "The Bioware Community."

Ah, The Bioware Community, a country dominated by aggressive marketing, annoying cutscenes and people desperate to become romantically involved with computer game characters. I say we nuke the site from orbit.

Cheers

MC

Hey, don't pick on The Bioware Community - a team that comes from a far far land made up of mystical elves, shining robots and damsels in distress :lol::sorcerer: - oh wait - that's my secret project.... o:) (and I'm sure that the damstrels in distress in any Bioware game can fend for

themselves :thumbsup: )

The point being that *Bioware Community* could as well be a small nation as it (we) do have more than 4,5 million members right now. That's more people than some member states in the UN have, and about the same population as Norway, I think?

And just because the leaders of the Bioware Community are into cutscenes with annoyingly marketed characters and longs to form deep meaningfull relationships with video game characters, does not mean that the ordinary people (or subjects) are into that sort of thing - necesserily.

More on topic, though:

Hungary won the Warden's Quest competition. Good for them.

As for what level you will be hitting around the end times - in the game that is, I think you'll be around level 18-22, depending on how many sidequests you have done during the game etc.

Edited by aries101

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

So am I correct to assume that if I buy this bling-bling Deluxe Edition, that I will receive the much coveted the Blood Dragon Armor, Warden's Keep, Stone Prisoner, & David Gaider's Beard Clippings?

And a bottle of original Faerun vaseline!

The point being that *Bioware Community* could as well be a small nation as it (we) do have more than 4,5 million members right now.

So that's the emo count these days. And I always thought it was a small bunch of kids with weird hairstyles. :thumbsup:

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

So am I correct to assume that if I buy this bling-bling Deluxe Edition, that I will receive the much coveted the Blood Dragon Armor, Warden's Keep, Stone Prisoner, & David Gaider's Beard Clippings?

Yes, you are....

And a partridge in a pear tree :sorcerer:

Sorry, couldn't resist :thumbsup:

It's Christmas time soon.

I do think someone should really really make a video singing about all the stuff theur true love game them for Christmas - using the bonus content for

DA: Origins - to the tune of Twelwe Days of Christmas to do so :lol:

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

If Sten was the M/M option, I'm pretty sure the roles would be reversed in that male love pic.

He could be a power bottom. I wouldn't rule anything out, it is a dark and gritty fantasy after all.

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

If Sten was the M/M option, I'm pretty sure the roles would be reversed in that male love pic.

He could be a power bottom. I wouldn't rule anything out, it is a dark and gritty fantasy after all.

Yup. And power bottoms generate all the power. Speed is the name of the game.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Maria and / or Alan,

Just a quick question, but do either of you know why the party in all the ads was chosen? That is to say Imoen Chick, Sten, Morrigan and slighty Aussie-sounding PC warrior dude? Is it the 'iconic' DA party, inasmuch as the BG version would invariably involve Jaheira, Minsc etc?

Just curious, apart from Imoen Chick it's quite a cool party.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

Who's the F/F romance option?
Tough to say, Leliana is french, Morrigan is a dark b*tch (I'm such a hypocrite for censoring my own swearing) and Wynne may or may not have a daughter complex in her background (ewwww).

Maria and / or Alan,

Just a quick question, but do either of you know why the party in all the ads was chosen? That is to say Imoen Chick, Sten, Morrigan and slighty Aussie-sounding PC warrior dude? Is it the 'iconic' DA party, inasmuch as the BG version would invariably involve Jaheira, Minsc etc?

Cheers

MC

I could see that party being pretty common, but I think it'd be more likely to have Alistair standing in in place of Sten.

My party throughout my playthrough was typically Alistair, Morrigan, and Wynne.

Maria and / or Alan,

Cheers

MC

Morrigan was the game's first character an is the face of the game. I'd consider her part of any 'iconic' party.

I think Alister would be next, but he's a white human male who seems to favor sword+shield. As the PC in this case was the same, I think they dropped him.

I think they picked Leliana and Sten because they looked interesting and different. Leliana is an attractive redhead that leaps around and spouts cryptic phrases. Zevran might leap around, but people would just think Legolas. Sten is big and exotic looking.

All speculation though.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Yup. And power bottoms generate all the power. Speed is the name of the game.

ha!

i get that reference!!

ps: nightman FTW!!!

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I want to put win 7, 32 bit on my gaming rig, will DA run on windows 7?

Biopeople said that they have tested that DA works with Windows 7, but they don't officially support it. That means DA should work nicely, but if some problem comes up, they will first fix XP/Vista bugs in DA before they check W7 out. I have Windows 7 x64 and I'm not worried.