What you did today

Gorth

I had an odd encounter tonight....I almost had to do a surprise turn around kneeling crotch strike on an unknown attacker who ended up being a supposed UFC fighter. I was walking to my car which happened to be in a dark and ominous back alley after my tax class when someone started walking behind me and got closer and closer until he was pretty much on my heels. He turned out to be a cool dude but still it was really weird becuase he kept mentioning how dangerous it is to walk at night in las vegas especially around these particular parts but he kept saying it, but I suppose that was part of his pitch to get my to join his gym. Which was kind of a compliment becuase he could tell I lift and that I was pretty awesome.

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Oh, in other news, I found my new favorite animal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_bear

suckers more unkillable than the ****roach

Wow. Can't we ship some of those to Mars and see if they inhabit the place?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I thought I was the only resident mma fan. It was a great fight indeed. Rogers gave Fedor a run for his money which I expected but I wasn't surprised when he didn't pull the upset, he's still too green and hasn't really fought anyone of note except Arlovski and well Arlovski isn't exactly a top competitor (though he did look really good vs fedor before being brutally knocked out). Plus Rogers is pretty dumb, he said in an interview that Fedor's stand up was weak which is completely ridiculous. Guess he got to see first hand how weak it was.

You're never alone. Ever. There's always at least one MMA fan hiding behind your couch.

Yeah, Rogers did better than I expected him to. I didn't think he'd last through round one, but that jab he landed that broke Fedor's nose (first jab of the fight!) considerably slowed Fedor down. I guess breathing through your mouth (and mouth guard) isn't the best thing to do in MMA. But Rogers was seriously outgunned in this fight. I hope they can get Barnett clean or Overeem healthy for Fedor's next fight. Rumours say Werdum but I'm not too interested in seeing that, personally. It would be like fighting a weaker version of Nogueira, and he already beat Nogueira. Twice.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I kill superheroes.

Got two contracts a lot further forward yesterday. i also learned to play the ukulele. And ate curry. And got decorously drunk.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I also got drunk yesterday, I still haven't slept after deciding to sit discussing string theory and other physics-related crap at half 6 this morning with some guy I met earlier that night, I was going to sleep after that but went back to some girl's who I'd also met earlier in the evening. Now people are demanding I go and get drunk tonight as well ;)

Was quite impressed with my ability to drunkenly talk physics though, considering I know less about it than my nonexistant pet cat.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Hamsters in roller balls are endlessly entertaining. Especially when they bump into your wussy cat and make the cat run away.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

*sigh* class with the preacher today... and now we're discussing the evils that corporations and the mass media are (showed us a documentary "Corporation" that only showed the bad sides of corporations).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

It would appear that the teachers cunning plan to force you all to think for yourselves and formulate your own opinions is bearing fruit.

Except that rather than me actually learning the information I'm merely examining it to find obvious bias after what happened previously, thus she's not doing her job of keeping me engaged and learning the information.

I bet it's probably being more effective than you might think :lol:

As long as you don't shut off you brain and tone it out, and continue to critically examine it looking for flaws. Just make sure that the "flaws" you find aren't just what you think could be flaws. Skepticism is good, but going overboard and finding flaws just for the sake of finding flaws could lead you to overlook any potentially valid points that get shown. And I'm sure there IS some ;)

Cramming five chapters for a health/general elective course exam that's tomorrow. I'll be surprised if I don't pass it, material is stupid easy to memorize (seeing as it covers subjects I learned in middle school.)

Also got invited to a keg party for saturday, yay!

just got a txt from one of my girls saying one of them can't come tonight for our weekly "date night"

i'd completely forgotten to be honest, but i'm still gonna see one of them at least :lol:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

*sigh* class with the preacher today... and now we're discussing the evils that corporations and the mass media are (showed us a documentary "Corporation" that only showed the bad sides of corporations).

What class is that, sociology was it? No wonder, in many ways social "science" is just a branch of left wing politics. My sociology professor was the same way, though he didn't completely ****-ride Marx.

Cramming five chapters for a health/general elective course exam that's tomorrow. I'll be surprised if I don't pass it, material is stupid easy to memorize (seeing as it covers subjects I learned in middle school.)

Don't a health course and a keg party sound rather... I don't know... like antonyms?

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Don't a health course and a keg party sound rather... I don't know... like antonyms?

:ermm:

Ok, I'm now on a "I wanna relive my childhood" trip and found a guy on youtube who's uploaded ALL of the power rangers episodes from the first six seasons.

I love the guitar theme... In somewhat related news, Power Rangers from 1993 is being remastered and rerun by Disney starting next year.

just got a txt from one of my girls saying one of them can't come tonight for our weekly "date night"

i'd completely forgotten to be honest, but i'm still gonna see one of them at least :rolleyes:

Can I suggest that we kill him, and divvy up his women? We'd get at least one reasonable one each, and could sell on the remainder.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Trying to cheer up a good friend of mine who broke up and whose now ex boyfriend proceeded to threaten her.

Piece of crap. If he touches her I will mess him up. :ermm: It doesn't help that I never liked him anyway, and I am fiercely protective of my friends. All my barroom brawls have been because people were messing with my friends. Never because someone was messing with me, because I just don't care.

Edited by TrueNeutral

I've never understood guys who threaten women. Good on you for backing her up.

-Elwood Blues

He's a sad piece of work anyway. His response to 'we need to talk about our relationship' was 'if you break up with me I will jump off the balcony' (he lives on the 14th floor). Before that, she wasn't even sure she wanted to break up, but that definately sealed the deal. You don't try to guilt someone into staying in a relationship, it's just a douchebag move.

Yep, it is the second most common motive in murders and suicides all around the world. But I'd tell her not to worry about the "suicide" ultimatum. They guys who talk about it won't really do it, and the one who would, would never tell you.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell