What you did today

Gorth

Worked a bit... so boring that I just started thinking about my nerdy stuff while going through the motions and still had some fantastic numbers :thumbsup:

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm eating a kind of traditional mexican dish of pork simmered with roasted tomatillos and red onion with cilantro on top. A little sour so naturally cut it with sugar but I'm a man with a penchant for destruction so I heaped on more sugar and then cut the sweetness with tobasco. And then its all sopped up with a flour tortilla. It's pretty freakin heavenly. I think each week I will bastardize a cuisine and maybe post the results, though I doubt it becuase its pretty mundane and stupid and I'm sure most people have a pavlovian response to my posts where they go into a cat-atonic state and then wake up some minutes later watching free streaming adult video having no idea how they arrived there. It happens to me all the time.

Now I have to study for my management info systems exam but I don't wanna.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Watching the world series... I don't have a specific affiliation, but I'm kinda wanting to go for the phillies for some reason.

Nobody roots for the Yankees unless they live there. It would be like rooting for the Empire in Star Wars.

You underestimate the popularity of front-runners. The Yanks are almost certainly one of the most popular teams in the league, nationwide. Lots of fans like the idea of rooting for a team that, based on historical averages, wins it all once every 4 seasons.

Of course, front-running fans are mostly jackasses. (Standard sports jackass test: You qualify if you root for any two of the following: NY Yankees, LA Lakers, Dallas Cowboys, Duke NCAA Basketball.)

Edit: On-topic addendum: My foot hurts. Last weekend, I empted the dead leaves out of the gutters of the house. This involved a lot of balancing on the top steps of a 6-foot folding ladder, leaning as far as I could to cover lots of ground without having to move the ladder. Later that afternoon, I went grocery shopping. As I was jogging across the parking lot, pushing my cart full of purchases out to the car, I felt a bit of a tweak in the instep of my right foot. I walked it off and felt fine, but pain came back as I was lying in bed that night. Some ibuprofen fixed that and helped me sleep, but in the week since then, it has gotten progressively worse instead of better. It's intermittent (only consistently noticeable when lying in bed), not associated with any particular type of movement (when present, I can't consistently make it hurt more or less by moving in any particular way, although standing still is generally worse than sitting or walking), and the locus of the pain seems to have moved a bit, edging closer to my heel and towards the outside of the foot. Based on these observations, I suspect it's a nerve issue (inexpert diagnosis: Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome) rather than a muscle/bone/joint issue. But I tend to irrationally avoid medical professionals, and every time the pain gets bad enough for me to want to call my HMO, I delay, it gets better, and I don't make the call.

Edited by Enoch

Dallas Cowboys? What the hell have you been smoking, man? With that said, I grew up hating the Cowboys, so I apparently don't qualify as a fan. Still, it's been a long time since the sun has shined on the Cowboy's ass. I don't think there are a lot of bandwagoners left. Even when they were racking up their titles, mostly in the 90s, if I recall it right, half of their bandwagon fans probably paid more attention to the cheerleaders than the rest of the franchise.

For me:

Miami Dolphins. Angels (and I was with them during the long slog through the desert). Might Ducks (although I don't watch hockey, really). UNLV for college sports.

For those of us who didn't grow up in any one area and traveled a lot, the Yankees were an easily recognizable team. My sister has been a Yankees fan for more years than a lot of you chumps have been alive. Now, I personally, don't like the Yankees much, but I'm rooting for them because I like the American league. I've heard many complaints about folks who root for one league of the other. *shrug* Go to hell if you feel that way. If the Angels don't make it, I'm rooting for the American league. Same with AFC. Of course, I did root for the the Giants in 2008.

I think it's stupid to assume something about folks because of the team they follow. A lot of folks 'follow' teams but don't even watch the sport the vast majority of the time. Hell, I hate watching baseball on the tv. Boring as hell. Even so, when I do I've been for the Angels since the 80s. I liked the way the dolphins uniforms looked in the 70s. Since Guam didn't have its own football team, I guess that's a forgivable offense. I'm sure lots of folks like teams for similarly crazy or silly reasons.

Nobody roots for the Yankees unless they live there. It would be like rooting for the Empire in Star Wars.

:)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It just upset me as a child that the Empire had clearly worked a lot harder than the buffoons in the rebel Alliance, and yet the Alliance was intent on spoiling it all. I mean the Death Star was fricking awesome, and the rebels were just jealous and smashing it all up.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

So with much tweaking/research blah blah hubby has the Mac OS working (kind of) on one of his PC's (he was technically curious....). He left it open for me to fiddle with if I want. I clicked on the "Safari" button and the "thinking" swirly mouseicon has been stuck for ages. Is there a cntrl+alt+del type option for Mac? It's Leopard (not Snow Leopard, just Leopard). I have no idea which machine he has it on so I can't just press the reset button :p

maconpc.jpg

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I dressed up as my twin brother for Halloween.

:p I was dressed as a nerd... So yeah, my twin brother too...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Spent the day reading Shaky's Winter's Tale and cringing about Finnish attitudes towards paedophiles. There're no limits to what cans of worms every instance of that subject can to open. I have't read such a plethora of violent punishment fantasies since my short trip to Stormfront. Jesus Christ on a ****ing bicycle.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Is there a cntrl+alt+del type option for Mac?

NVM...hubby came home and reset it, all works now.

The Mac UI interface is weird when you're not used to it. I'm not sure I like it. Not a reflection on Mac vs PC...just...not used to it, hence don't like it. haha

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

By this time in your life, Lady, I doubt that you're going to find much to encourage you to switch. The big changes to the Windows interface are already in place. I'm not slamming Apple. I've used them and they can be fun, but after you get used to an interface, it's just tough to switch unless the alternative has something really big to offer. Otherwise, it's just something different that you have to adapt to using.

Spent the day reading Shaky's Winter's Tale and cringing about Finnish attitudes towards paedophiles. There're no limits to what cans of worms every instance of that subject can to open. I have't read such a plethora of violent punishment fantasies since my short trip to Stormfront. Jesus Christ on a ****ing bicycle.

I thought it might be quite fun to have permanent stocks in the form of concreting the buggers' feet along London thoroughfares.

Of course, you need to keep in mind the fact that I dont like London anyway.

-Elwood Blues

@Aristes --yea, I have that feeling too. I guess I keep thinking if I didn't play games, I might like Mac's more at this point, but my desire to take the time to learn a whole new OS/terminology isn't very high.

...getting ready to watch some of the World Series game. Hoping Phillies can manage another win and take it all the way to the 7th game. :D

Edit: wait, wait...there's no game tonight. I should know that. I'm an airhead, kthx.

In that case...computer game time.

Edited by LadyCrimson

Is there a cntrl+alt+del type option for Mac?

NVM...hubby came home and reset it, all works now.

The Mac UI interface is weird when you're not used to it. I'm not sure I like it. Not a reflection on Mac vs PC...just...not used to it, hence don't like it. haha

For future reference, there is one: the Windows installation disk.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Hey now! I think London is a wonderful place. A truly unique experience for us colonials. Of course, any place that gets tons of visitors can get to be old for the locals. That said, I still love Las Vegas.

Hey now! I think London is a wonderful place. A truly unique experience for us colonials. Of course, any place that gets tons of visitors can get to be old for the locals. That said, I still love Las Vegas.

You're only saying that because Vegas has taken your sister hostage and is making her serve shrimp ****tail to pasty guys with sad faces from too much keno.

-Elwood Blues

Woke up, wandered to my computer, sat down... and broke my glasses.

then spent 40 minutes hunting for the recipt from Costco so I can get em fixed under warranty and ended up finding a picture of myself from 1995 in 4th grade....

God was I small.

huh...

just got to work to find an email from the site manager saying they'd been discussing me during their most recent managers meeting and decided to personally nominate me for the next site MVP award

so they do know i exist -_-

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Procrastination is an art form, but alas I have to stop being artful and go sit in traffic a while for a meeting.

Then the ballgame. I'm pretty sure there's a ballgame today. -_-

huh...

just got to work to find an email from the site manager saying they'd been discussing me during their most recent managers meeting and decided to personally nominate me for the next site MVP award

so they do know i exist :lol:

One question: is MVP good or bad?

-Elwood Blues