Best game themes

Purkake

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Okay, this thread is being turned into a FF discussion thread (partly my fault). Time to shift gears.

250px-Ys_logo.png

Y' know, a series as old as ys (1970's) I'm surprised this doesn't get the attention as the other big names outside japan. Buuuut that might change with the newest title in the series (PSP) getting released in NA/EU in two weeks. With two more to follow in the coming months until end of the year. They're aRPG's that could also be described as platformers.

One of teh notable points of the series is the great, catchy music. lol @ some engrish names.

Ys Seven - Vacant Interference

• 2 months later...
This and any music piece associated with this game.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Since most of my favourite songs have already been posted, lets have nostalgia into the mix.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

...and there are

you'll be cursing and swearing at, because they just don't want to leave your brain alone again afterwards :p

Some nostalgia...

Awesome remix of c64 classic

For pc games, few hold a more special place than

(title theme)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Heh, that's the first video game I've ever played. Still my favourite 8-bit game.

Noticed there isn't any music from The Witcher here yet:

(my favourite song in the game)

man, finally some 8 bit music >_< I love the Bubble Bobble theme. also,

was supposed to have been mentioned here on page one, I'm disappoint... and while we're at it, here's the

and what about the 16-bit music?

also, I saw someone speak of oriental music. I really like the

by J. Van Dyck.

but my favorite soundtrack has got to be

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

...and there are
you'll be cursing and swearing at, because they just don't want to leave your brain alone again afterwards :p

*cough* my cellphone ringtone *cough*

>_<

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

That's because it is almost compoletely unremarkable. Hopefully the second game will improve on that, and there is no reason not to, since they're taking out the b00bies.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

That's because it is almost compoletely unremarkable. Hopefully the second game will improve on that, and there is no reason not to, since they're taking out the b00bies.

Matter of taste, some like the daughter some the mother etc etc. I really like TW's soundtrack personally.

Great stuff.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Total Annihilation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP2spT0TwCw

Simply glorious. Best RTS music I've ever heard, and the battle detection system that governed which music played was equally brilliant.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Total Annihilation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP2spT0TwCw

Simply glorious. Best RTS music I've ever heard, and the battle detection system that governed which music played was equally brilliant.

You sir, have excellent taste. I liked SupCom & FA's soundtracks too, just one example - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8X2HZgLrtU...feature=related

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra