Best game themes

Purkake

Company of Heroes main theme

Plus the ideologically disturbing but stirring Panzer Theme

Not the sort of stuff you'll listen to chilling out with a glass of Chablis to, but utterly compelling in-game.

<3 the second theme o:)

Yeah the Outlaws soundtrack was awesome.

I really liked

Ennio Morricone anyone?

I LOVE ENNIO MORRICONE

crying-girl-at-idol.jpg

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Has someone mentioned

? Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Borderlands had some pretty good songs:

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Company of Heroes main theme

Plus the ideologically disturbing but stirring Panzer Theme

Not the sort of stuff you'll listen to chilling out with a glass of Chablis to, but utterly compelling in-game.

Didn't realise, BTW, that these are all written by the ludicrously talented Jeremy Soule.

sonsofgygax.JPG

ffvikefkacg.jpg

Kefka = best antagonist

Is this person male or female?

Also, did the Cirque du Soleil call and get their employee back?

well, here's one of his other sprites40%20-%20Kefka.gif

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

It's a guy?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Why is it that every time someone talks about Kefka someone else finds that it's a guy? :)

village_idiot.gif

I like the
and the
themes a lot (even if it makes me uncool here :p)

Mass Effect also has some brilliant action tracks, which you apparently don't want me to link, anyway :)

I have some positive memories of the Icewind Dale soundtracks, I think I even had one of those on a cd. Apparently haven't ripped it, will have to check out next week when I get back home.

Also, the Enclave Restored theme from KOTOR2 is absolutely brilliant, but I can't even find a link for it to dare your disapproval to post it :)

Mass Effect theme live, is one of my favourite musical experience's ever... Video Games Live is well worth a look in, excellent show.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Why is it that every time someone talks about Kefka someone else finds that it's a guy? o:)

Because Japanese devs have mastered the art of creating effiminate male characters?

Why is it that every time someone talks about Kefka someone else finds that it's a guy? o:)

Because Japanese devs have mastered the art of creating effiminate male characters?

It should be something of common knowledge by now.

Whatever, here is

Edited by Orogun01

village_idiot.gif

Nice blast from the past there... FFXI is the only MMORPG that I played (and enjoyed) for a long time. The music always brings me back to the early days of adventure when the game was at its best.

I played when the PS2 version came out (didn't have a capable PC at the time). I remember playing until up to a lvl 33 Red mage with a 16 White Mage side job. Gave up after finding a group to CoP missions was seemingly near impossible on sylph server.

Edited by Syraxis

Yeah, I didn't do any CoP stuff either. I hated the planning aspect of it (pick-up parties for CoP were pretty bad often) and it didn't mesh at all with my realtime job at the time. I ended up playing Beastmaster solo a lot as well as leveling crafts and fishing, things one could do while still keeping in touch with the linkshell. The expansion after CoP (Treasures of Aht Urghan) was more to my liking overall.

Half-tempted to check out FF14 when it's released... but not sure.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Yeah, I didn't do any CoP stuff either. I hated the planning aspect of it (pick-up parties for CoP were pretty bad often) and it didn't mesh at all with my realtime job at the time. I ended up playing Beastmaster solo a lot as well as leveling crafts and fishing, things one could do while still keeping in touch with the linkshell. The expansion after CoP (Treasures of Aht Urghan) was more to my liking overall.

Half-tempted to check out FF14 when it's released... but not sure.

After WoW I said to myself "never again" but you're absolutely right, FFXIV is tempting...