The wonders and workings of the female psyche

Kaftan Barlast

I was just thinking about this girl I know. She's approaching 30 and the last two or three times this year that we've run into eachother in the pub, she's brought it into the conversation that she wants to settle down and have kids. I dismissed it as casual woman-talk and didnt think much about it until this large cup of coffee I just had.

Could this be some form of strange desperate attempt at an invite? Or is it just the biological clock making its way into the speech center in the brain? And if it's the former, how in earth could she think that such a tactic has the slightest chance of working? The average bloke, who isnt actively seeking for a male heir to inherit his crown, wouldnt respond well I imagine. You know, unless he wasnt all grown up and mature and stuff.

So, gentlemen and occasional lady, what is your hypothesis regarding the situation at hand?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

It's probably something she really wants, and she finds it safe to talk to you about it, because she isn't interested in you in any way. Her wishes call for financial stability, not a young artist type guy who works in games.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

First of all, asking would ruin all the fun and also severely limit the possibilities of starting threads such as this one. Second, asking such a question would score pretty high on the awkward topics scale, right up there with "are you gay for me, or just really into physically displaying friendship?"

Obviously, all logic and common sense would point to the most probable conclusion of 'thing women talk about', but its more fun pretending it could be a strange reaching out. Kind of the sort of thing you could base a sitcom episode around.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I'm LOF, jump in at the deep end and ask her.

AHA! I smell a confession!

Anywho, I don't think you are being tested, in fact if you were I don't think you would have any doubts.. women 30+ aren't generally known for their subtlety (single women that is).

Fortune favors the bald.

No, I think she's trying to pull a Maude lebowski on me.

p.s

Now you guys are using LOF (Literally Or Figureatively) in a way that doesnt make sense at all.

Seeing as you seem to not care what we say, follow these steps next time you are with her in public:

1. Lick your lips seductively.

2. Jump her bones.

3. get bitch slapped and/or kicked in the 'nads.

4. Pleadingly propose to marry and give her children, through the tears of pain.

5. Bask in your success.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

If you think women's minds exist in straight lines you are mistaken, my friend. There is no 'train of logic' here. There's possibly some sort of maelstrom of thoughts.

She's probably just thinking about these things. I know I talk about the same thing with people. it doesn't mean I'm trying to have babies. I'm just testing out loud the idea to see how it sounds.

However, the fact that she's mentioned it to you means at least she is reasonably interested in what you think. She probably expects you to be supportive or against.

Or she's mental, and thinking about omellettes. There's literally no way of knowing.

The one thing i would be dead against is asking her to explain what she's thinking. You might just as well ask a mountain to dance.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

No, I think she's trying to pull a Maude lebowski on me.

p.s

Now you guys are using LOF (Literally Or Figureatively) in a way that doesnt make sense at all.

Lord of Flies

I think she's making conversation about topics that interests her.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The one thing i would be dead against is asking her to explain what she's thinking. You might just as well ask a mountain to dance.

Oh, I most assuredly shall not make any such attempts. I did make such an inquiry of a female person some time ago, whereupon she reacted in a most disagreeable manner.

Seeing as you seem to not care what we say, follow these steps next time you are with her in public:

No, I value your input immensly. Im just saying that in order to expand our minds, we must be prepared to look into the implausible.

Could this be some form of strange desperate attempt at an invite? Or is it just the biological clock making its way into the speech center in the brain? And if it's the former, how in earth could she think that such a tactic has the slightest chance of working? The average bloke, who isnt actively seeking for a male heir to inherit his crown, wouldnt respond well I imagine. You know, unless he wasnt all grown up and mature and stuff.

So, gentlemen and occasional lady, what is your hypothesis regarding the situation at hand?

Do you mean unless he was all grown up and mature?

I'm just saying, she probably is tired of playing the game, she wants to find a guy that is interested in settling down and starting a family. They are out there.

I'm just saying, she probably is tired of playing the game, she wants to find a guy that is interested in settling down and starting a family. They are out there.

Im a pretty pragmatic guy, I might throw my keys in the basket... if she had any money. But she doesnt, so.. I guess these wild oats will remain untamed.

Im a pretty pragmatic guy, I might throw my keys in the basket... if she had any money. But she doesnt, so.. I guess these wild oats will remain untamed.

Ok, that sounds shallow. Do you mean she doesn't have a job or any career prospects? Because that is understandable, because those women usually have a lot bigger issues as a whole.

I think she's making conversation about topics that interests her.

Or Kaftan is obsessing. This woman might have spent hours and hours chatting with him over time, mentioned she wanted kids twice and he's thinking OMG! She wants baby Barlasts!

Ok, that sounds shallow. Do you mean she doesn't have a job or any career prospects? Because that is understandable, because those women usually have a lot bigger issues as a whole.

If you base a relationship on whether or not the other person has any money that is pretty sad. These days with the crisis and all you might want to work but be quite unable to land a steady job.

I might be shallow then, as I’d never settle down with someone who had no job or career. Go on a date with? Sure. LTR? No. Have babies with? No farkin way.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I think you should trade your pragmatism for romantic idealism and put your rubber ducky in the tub if you and her fall in love, regardless of money.

Whatever she meant, I don't think her thoughts should change you opinion on the matter. If she starts a conversation with you about settling down and having kids, you should reply in a way that makes sense and you can stand for regardless of what her intentions are.

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"