Dragon Age Origins

Gorth

You know, maybe you're not right to destroy the urn. Maybe the problem isn't with your ****ty companion, but with your ****ty self.

But look at it! It's just standing there begging to be destroyed, just look at that self-righteous urn being all high and mighty on its stand.

Edited by Purkake

You know, maybe you're not right to destroy the urn. Maybe the problem isn't with your ****ty companion, but with your ****ty self.

But look at it! It's just standing there begging to be destroyed, just look at that self-righteous urn being all high and mighty on its stand.

:DDDD

It was funny how those followers suddenly went berserk just because they disagreed with the PC's actions.

I believe the strong opposition from the party members stem from the urn being a highly sacred object (likened to the Holy Grail) and the PC destroys it. Meaning, they dont go ape over every little thing but one huge one and watch out. Also, the dragon ignored the mage again. :ermm:

Is the Dragon ignoring the mage, or is the warrior successfully keeping the dragon's attention?

I don't recall having issues with the dragons in BG2 attacking my mages unless they saw my mage first.

See, the way I look at it, I would take it and sell it to one of the faithful or give it to my companion in order to cement their loyalty. :ermm:
Why not mix the ashes with the cement to make it indestructible?

Guest Slinky
See, the way I look at it, I would take it and sell it to one of the faithful or give it to my companion in order to cement their loyalty. :ermm:

No intrest in being immortal, all Sauron-like?

Edited by Slinky

Is the Dragon ignoring the mage, or is the warrior successfully keeping the dragon's attention?

I don't recall having issues with the dragons in BG2 attacking my mages unless they saw my mage first.

Honestly, I dunno. I think Im fixated on it now, lol. Im more curious if it was a design decision after the NWN2 conga-line-to-the-mage-while-ignoring-all-else mini backlash.

I'm a bit worried about that urn thing: it has been lost for decades/centuries/a long time. And when it's needed some "random" noblewoman tells you to find it, and you just do? Yeah ok, someone has been researching it's possible location all his life etc etc, but don't tell me all those years no one else ever put that effort into finding the Holy Grail of the Chantry. Or is the urn kept in that temple just for fun and giggles?

They don't show you the entire plot in that video.

A significant amount of time passes from when you first hear of the Urn and when you can actually get it.

See, thats a flaw imo. Certain things shouldnt be persuadable, like someones life long religon.

"OMG, you just desecrated our most holy relic!!!uno11!"

"Yeah, but I had to to heal the old dude.

"Oh, okay". :ermm:

No, it's like this:

"OMG you desecrated our most holy relic!!!uno11!"

"Yeah, coz I'm too lazy to carry it to our fortress for safekeeping. We need to destroy it so the Blight doesn't get it. And if they don't use it, then why should our army?"

"Oh, okay".

Okay okay. You don't persuade them that their religion is wrong, instead you convince them that the urn has to be destroyed so the Blight doesn't get it.

As I remarked above, makes no sense to me either. But maybe there will be a good reason why you can't just take that damn thing with you. Oh wait, the Blight can. And use it too, like it's not a hostile god's holiest artifact.

I must admit a sick pleasure in watching all the suppositions of what happens at this point, and the motivations/reasons for it :)

Honestly, I dunno. I think Im fixated on it now, lol. Im more curious if it was a design decision after the NWN2 conga-line-to-the-mage-while-ignoring-all-else mini backlash.

Trust me, mages are not automatically ignored simply because they are mages :ermm:

I must admit a sick pleasure in watching all the suppositions of what happens at this point, and the motivations/reasons for it :*

I did mean the "maybe there's a good reason" part, even though I managed to bury it under 4 meters of sarcasm.

I'm now wondering what happens when you leave the religious fanatics at the camp and take along only followers that don't care like the qunari, Morrigan & possibly the dwarf. Instead of attacking, do they put ants or an acid trap in the PC's bed or something?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Well, either way, destroying that urn will be hard to resist for my human-hating City/Dalish Elf. If some bratty henchmen can't handle it - their problem.

As for telepathic henchmen, maybe someone of the more sinister ones like Morrigan or the qunari would whisper it into their ear as a way to get rid of them?

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.